• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team USA 2023 FIBA World Cup (Trae Watch)

RedDawg#8

On 8/11/2023 at 3:06 AM, Spud2nique said:

Wait he has foot AND back problems? Wait, does he have back problems? 🤨 

Some reports that he injured his foot, the Latvians saying he did not and that he only sat the 2 games as a previously scheduled precaution or stte. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Team USA looks like a bunch of ISO players … peeps got to buy in and sacrifice their games. Brandon Ingram is complaining about his minutes and not getting enough shots.  

Agreed! What’s so funny about this is that the commentators before the New Zealand game mentioned Steve Kerr said USA needs to “run the basketball, share the basketball, and rebound the basketball” to succeed internationally. Not sure if they got the best players on the roster for that style of play. :ph34r:

17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I always liked lil Denny.  When he defends to his potential he’s a load, especially off the bench in the NBA which is a far superior role to him starting.  I’ll always cringe at that three point shot tho.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Team USA looks like a bunch of ISO players … peeps got to buy in and sacrifice their games. Brandon Ingram is complaining about his minutes and not getting enough shots.  

Ingram’s career win share comps include Marcus Morris, OG, DeJuan Blair (remember him?), and Royce O’Neal.  None of which I care much for, but I’d take all of em over Ingram.  He definitely has a feel for scoring, but nothing else.  The exact opposite of the aforementioned players lol.

Edited by benhillboy

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Ingram’s career win share comps include Marcus Morris, OG, DeJuan Blair (remember him?), and Royce O’Neal.  None of which I care much for, but I’d take all of em over Ingram.  He definitely has a feel for scoring, but nothing else.  The exact opposite of the aforementioned players lol.

You trippin', hillbilly.

I get your overall point, but maybe leave Blair off so you can drive the point home harder.  That dude had Pinocchio's knees. 

• Haha 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I think you missed my point ... Team USA is not playing as a team but as individuals.   They have the talent to do it but when you play in these situations you need to sacrifice and play a role instead of being a 'star'

I am cheering for Canada anyway

• Premium Member

not too many things more satisfying than seeing France get knocked out of a tournament early.    

To quote the greatest sports movie ever made (Slapshot);  "Frog pussies!"

• Moderators
2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I think you missed my point ... Team USA is not playing as a team but as individuals.   They have the talent to do it but when you play in these situations you need to sacrifice and play a role instead of being a 'star'

I am cheering for Canada anyway

International basketball ended up being where Carmelo Anthony really excelled, imo.  He played a role there very effectively rather than focusing on his scoring numbers.  I would say it was his career peak.  It is really up for grabs which players are willing to buy into that type of role and which aren't.  I think Trae could potentially really excel in that type of role on an Olympic team if he got the chance.  He is an outstanding catch and shoot player and obviously an elite playmaker.  If he could embrace that more bit role where he was not the center of the universe for his team on offense, he has the tools to be very successful in international play.  Hope we get to see that one day and we see some evolution in that direction this season (i.e., with more ball movement on the Hawks team and more intentionality for his role when the ball is not in his hands).

Might as well drop this right here.

Bruno vs KAT at 4 am this morning ( eastern time ), for a possible spot in the Round of 16.

Dominicans favored by 11.5 over the Angolans.

If Angola wins, they probably still don't get in, due to point differential . . . unless they blow DR out.  It'll be a 3-way tie in their group between Angola, Italy, and the Dominican Republic.

Take it to him Bruno.  Be a legend.

• Haha 1