• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks, Seth Lundy

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

The one thing I think is for certain about our drafting is this..   We can spot a good shooter.   Korver knows what to look for.  So if we picked up guys who we believe are shooters, then like Bey and like Mathews, we know who they are...

• Like 2

Not familiar with Mr. Lundy, but preliminary scouting I like. Between this guy and Bufkin I've gained confidence in Fields/Korver. We'll miss Schlenk's scouting eye but our current guys are competent in that department.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Has a frame very similar to Desmond Bane, but Lundy has + wingspan. Off ball / shooting is similar to Bane coming out. Has limited playmaking to his name unlike Bane (maybe that's a result of the offense he played in?). If he can work on his body & gain a little explosiveness, he certainly has a chance to stick and be a useful player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

Has a frame very similar to Desmond Bane, but Lundy has + wingspan. Off ball / shooting is similar to Bane coming out. Has limited playmaking to his name unlike Bane (maybe that's a result of the offense he played in?). If he can work on his body & gain a little explosiveness, he certainly has a chance to stick and be a useful player.

He's nowhere near as good as Bane. Bane should have been a lottery pick based on his tape. 

Lundy draft status is all about if you truly value great shooting. If you don't, he's undraftable, if you do, you draft him in the 2nd

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's nowhere near as good as Bane. Bane should have been a lottery pick based on his tape. 

Lundy draft status is all about if you truly value great shooting. If you don't, he's undraftable, if you do, you draft him in the 2nd

Completely agreed.

My comment was just around body composition + shooting ability is similar to bane coming out. Being able to create for himself/others is what made bane a much better prospect (probably a little better athlete too). With that said - bane still was drafted end of R1… likely for the reason @Spud2niquementioned (+ age). 

didnt intend to come off as he was bane 2.0. Just his full game reminds me of a part of bane. Useful player = 9th or 10th  man type if he hits his ceiling imo. Still really good for pick 46. 

• Like 3