• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Could simply be a leak to drive up asking price of other interested teams, mainly us.

Hoping that they are using Indiana as leverage to fool us into offering a bit more.  Like how teams use us for the same purpose, for example KD to Phoenix.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

You are right.  Grant Shirley has followed that account really closely:
image.png.f89ccb434a248f937695c344059ed56c.png

I've been saying that I don't buy these leaked statements that he won't resign and wants to stay in Toronto.  The edit would read that, "I will only say "Toronto or bust" as a desperate move to keep my hope alive at getting a bigger payday."  Anyone believing it can't see through the ploy.   

My Outsider take is that if a deal for Siakam goes down he will completely flip the script and say "I love what they are doing on "Team X" and while I appreciate Toronto it's always been a dream of mine to play with "insert key players on new team."  Basically he will say nearly the same thing Murray said when we traded for him.  

His other option is if he doesn’t want to resign in Atlanta, he would allow Atlanta to do a sign and trade so he still gets the money but can go to another team. 
Not a great option for the Hawks, but at least they could potentially recoup a little bit of assets on his one year rental. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Hoping that they are using Indiana as leverage to fool us into offering a bit more.  Like how teams use us for the same purpose, for example KD to Phoenix.  

Indiana is the Knicks in the Murray trade. They should've used the Knicks instead for the leak lol. Those fans are desperate. 

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I have no doubts trades have been discussed and framed, but the seriousness of those talks (from our side and theirs) and the actual commitment from our FO is what I question.  It's makes a lot of sense for the front office to want everyone believing that we truly value KAT a lot.  It gives us more leverage if the perception is we aren't going to overpay for Siakam/Brown because we have another great option ready to be inked.  My guess is that's truly what's happening here, and it gives me confidence in this front offices approach because Schlenk felt almost TOO transparent with all parties.

I still think this is what has been going on.  My guess is we probably even allowed Toronto to canvass other teams before pressuring them to accept our best offer before we move on in another direction (i.e KAT).  You have to project a position of power in negotiations and there's no better way than to actually have legitimate alternative options to pursue.

29 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Outsiders feasting when this one goes through 😂

The "feast" will be against cRaptor fans who expect Masai to pick our carcass as if they have leverage or something.

Per my sources, if we land Siakim for a reasonable cost, the outsiders will be releasing a torrent of anti-Raptor fury unseen since the establishment of that moribund country(sic) to the north.....

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The "feast" will be against cRaptor fans who expect Masai to pick our carcass as if they have leverage or something.

Per my sources, if we land Siakim for a reasonable cost, the outsiders will be releasing a torrent of anti-Raptor fury unseen since the establishment of that moribund country(sic) to the north.....

You don't have to do this...

Just now, GameTime said:

Looks like it is KAT or Siakam. I'm happy with either one. Get it done Landry.

Hoping for KAT. 
Both are great players, but I think KAT fits better. 
If it’s Siakam, I’ll have to TIQS to make the spacing work. 

• Like 3

I have some anxiety about a Siakam fit on this team. Yes, KAT will be more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Siakam's 3P% is concerning especially if you're adding that to a lineup of Trae, DJM, and OO who aren't really the best at it either.

Both Siakam and OO are undersized too for the 4/5. They have some strength so maybe that will compensate...but I'd still rather have the 6'11" elite floor spacer.

image.png.4108fc732f7613d006fa2a0adabf1f3b.png

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I have some anxiety about a Siakam fit on this team. Yes, KAT will be more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Siakam's 3P% is concerning especially if you're adding that to a lineup of Trae, DJM, and OO who aren't really the best at it either.

Both Siakam and OO are undersized too for the 4/5. They have some strength so maybe that will compensate...but I'd still rather have the 6'11" elite floor spacer.

image.png.4108fc732f7613d006fa2a0adabf1f3b.png

KAT isn't currently available. Prove to me otherwise somewhere other than this message board. And I'm not talking those hypotheticals from a month back.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

don't agree with @Diesel on Jaylen Brown though.  He's a very good shooter from outside, but his shot selection has been worse the last couple of years. 

How do you want to examine the three point shooting then??

JB shot 33% from three last season.. What I am supposed to say.. he shot 33% from three but he was 100% on the good shots he took?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

KAT isn't currently available. Prove to me otherwise somewhere other than this message board. And I'm not talking those hypotheticals from a month back.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:02 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

This was one, there was another but I'm not hunting for it...talked about their cap ramifications with Edward, Towns,Gobert.

Which player has flown under the radar in free agency but will be a big storyline come February’s trade deadline? MacMahon: There has been some discussion about Towns, but it shouldn’t be a surprise if that gets much louder as the trade deadline nears. The face of the franchise for the Timberwolves has transitioned to Edwards, fresh off signing a new potential supermax extension. If Minnesota is going to make another major change, it would need to be by trading Towns.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Interesting, wonder what the Pacers are offering... if Toronto really doesn't want to go through a rebuild, I don't see many players that Toronto would be interested in... Mathurin probably isn't available... so maybe Jalen Smith?  Matching salarie would be tough for them... assume Buddy Hield would have to be included and maybe Theis?  It would be a pick package more than anything, but according to reports, Raptors seem to prefer players.  I imagine we're still the best trade partner but we just have to wait out Masai's delusional valuation.

And for the record, I don't buy any of the reports that Siakam isn't going to re-sign... it just doesn't really make any sense for such a blanket statement to hold any weight.  Not unless he specifically wants to play for a particular team, but I have no heard anything around that.  His camp is just posturing for a supermax, which is clearly his desired outcome.  I'd be happy if we land him for a reasonable package.  His defense would be very helpful to this roster as would his offensive versatility.

image.png

PS doesn't add much that Collins didn't add besides passing. Which is a welcomed addition. However, A front line of PS/OO will be a poor one terms of rebounding. I know Murray is a great rebounder for 2 guard, but it's all something to think about.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How do you want to examine the three point shooting then??

JB shot 33% from three last season.. What I am supposed to say.. he shot 33% from three but he was 100% on the good shots he took?

I'm just saying look beyond a single season stat... look at his prior seasons shooting from 3.  Look at his career shooting from 3.  Below is a graphic showing that he has had great seasons from three.  No reason not to believe he won't get better playing with Trae, also, considering Boston has lacked good facilitating guards.  Give him the same grace you would give Trae if you analyzed his 3P shooting... Trae has worst raw stats than JB, but we obviously know the context behind those shots.

image.png

• Like 1