• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The DJ extension keeps looking better and better.

I'll be rooting for the Hawks next year but second on my list is rooting for the Raptors trade market to run dry and they handcuff themselves and have to shell out to retain some folks or get nothing.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's in the front but still asleep:

tenor.gif?itemid=17216202

She did wut 😮?- spud 

OOOOOOOhhh Ooooookkkaaayyy :nyd:

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

200.gif

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I want THIS THAT and THE OTHER!

Like every other crazy ***** @squawk 😂       

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks tried to offer a Ford Focus, a Ford Fusion, and a coupon for 4 tanks of gas, for a Mclaren 765LT...

charles-barkley-laugh.gif

4b2fbe5a-b756-4068-a72d-da8a942b50d0.jpg

It would be funny if he were a Mclaren.

Unfortunately, he's more like 

Spoiler

❤ @jedsab17 #TopMiata #RPF1 | ロードスター nc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I'll be rooting for the Hawks next year but second on my list is rooting for the Raptors trade market to run dry and they handcuff themselves and have to shell out to retain some folks or get nothing.

I was reading where the FO in Toronto was mad that Gary Trent Jr. opted in.    They are a cheap organization, so I'm not surprised with them trying to nickel and dime us to death over a rental. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

The issue for Toronto seems to be they have not been able to pick a direction.  They fired a first time NBA coach known for development and he has stated he wants to put the ball in Barnes hands and build around him.  He plays the same position as Siakam.  On the other front, their fans are saying Siakam is not available but yet the reports also states they have not discussed an extension with him but will be ok keeping him thru the deadline...meaning he will hit FAcy.  Yes, they can resign him, just like they tried to do with FVV, but he got a better offer.  The question is how willing is Toronto to max him, they also have to consider their additional 2 UFAs in OG and Trent Jr.  They have lots of decisions to make regarding the team makeup and salary.  

Hawks on the other hand, made their most important decision of the offseason - getting under the Luxury Tax (yes the JC return sucks but that was the directive).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The issue for Toronto seems to be they have not been able to pick a direction.  They fired a first time NBA coach known for development and he has stated he wants to put the ball in Barnes hands and build around him.  He plays the same position as Siakam.  On the other front, their fans are saying Siakam is not available but yet the reports also states they have not discussed an extension with him but will be ok keeping him thru the deadline...meaning he will hit FAcy.  Yes, they can resign him, just like they tried to do with FVV, but he got a better offer.  The question is how willing is Toronto to max him, they also have to consider their additional 2 UFAs in OG and Trent Jr.  They have lots of decisions to make regarding the team makeup and salary.  

Hawks on the other hand, made their most important decision of the offseason - getting under the Luxury Tax (yes the JC return sucks but that was the directive).

The Hawks most important decision should be to improve the team not get under the LT. Now if they can’t make a deal that works to make the team better then it doesn’t happen but if the main goal was to get under the tax and then not use their exceptions then Trae who is a competitor who wants to win should start thinking about asking for a trade himself. I’m holding out hope that if they can get Siakam then ownership will say now go out and use your MLE and whatever else and make the team as competitive as possible.