• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bi and Dyson for DJ and Capela would be a tremendous trade for the Hawks.  if we get a first rounder out of it too then count me impressed.  

Can we get Jonas too? We need a BIG body.. lol

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't see them trading Herb Jones. Think BI and Dyson and one or two first rounders. I believe the source said it was DJM and Capela going to them. The main thrust of the trade is BI for DJM and the rest is just trying to work out value for each player.

So would Ingram be the off guard and Hunter small forward.    (I really hope we trade Hunter)

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Indeed, acquiring one or two first-round picks would be beneficial for facilitating future deals (I have a hunch that OO/Hunter/AJ might be traded this summer too).

@Sothron, I'm pleased to see your Wolves performing well, but I'm curious if they reach the Finals, will they retain the entire roster and pay the luxury tax?

Yes. Glen Taylor refused the rest of the sale because Arod/other guy were going to trade KAT and get under the LT. Taylor has waited a long time to have another good team and is willing to pay for it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You don't got to read the board, it was out there then but NO and Atlanta talks heated up during Murray's play when Trae was out. 

I've been hearing about serious NO/ATL trade talks for months now. It takes time for FO to make big trades. FWIW I'm mentally preparing myself for BI as a Hawk next season and DJM out the door to NO. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Travis had the right idea with drafting length around Trae. Just didn't pan out for various reasons:

Huerter: 6'-7" - not a lock down defender, but I remember saying he wasn't all bad with his anticipation and quick hands. Then Jokic broke him and he wasn't the same. And he provided the shooting and floor spreading.

Reddish: he didn't want to master the role he was given. I remember saying despite his horrible offense, it was his defense that kept him on the floor. But he had visions of offensive grandeur that derailed the intent.

Hunter: Injuries

OO: switchable defensive big.

Someone made the point on twitter that he hoped Cam was watching Jaden McDaniels and Nickeil Alexander-Walker and realizing that he has essentially thrown away what could have been a great NBA career if he had just embraced the mindset of being a defensive stopper on the perimeter.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Hunter has to be gone if we get Ingram. $60M for 2 guys that may combined play a full season. Gross. 

But the question is......Who wants Hunter?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Agree here.  Picks have value and TS did a superior job with his non-lottery first round picks.  The picks also have value in trade scenarios.

We just have to be realistic about the value of picks coming from playoffs teams in the near term.  Even if unprotected, they don't carry all that much value.  Like if the Knicks had traded us their pick this year that is the #25 pick.  Just look at a historical draft results study to see the average value from a player drafted in that range of the draft and set your expectations appropriately knowing there is obvious variance from there for any given pick.

New Orleans is an interesting situation with picks. They have their own, lakers and bucks so depending on how you see outlook of those teams some value there potentially 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If the Hawks do trade for Ingram, they should absolutely not extend him.  At all.  He's not going to accept a below market deal like Murray did.  You let him play out his last year, and if he fits alongside Trae, then you look into extending him.  If not, then let him walk.  You have to get at least two first round picks in the deal though.  

If they extend him at $208 million over 4 years or whatever the amount is, then they will be stuck with him.  

Yup IF they get him, I would make it absolutely as flexible as possible. 

Look, Ingram ain’t the one. Feels like we are reaching like the DJ thing, not that we reached, I mean maybe we did but the trajectory for Ingram getting us past round 2 seems slim to me. I don’t mean to put a ceiling on a player and what he can do for us or how far he can take us, but what has he done in his career in the postseason, he’s a good player don’t get me wrong but are him and Trae gonna get us to the eastern finals, let alone the NBA finals, I doubt it. I mean nothing is guaranteed but it doesn’t feel like he would take us to the promise land.