• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

12 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Do we keep Clint to mentor Sarr? Do they have similar enough playstyles?

I say yes.  But you can't have Sarr, Clint, and OO.  Read into that what you will ... 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It will be mention but that said player won't be mentioned

Then saying it has no real value without some suggestions.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I say yes.  But you can't have Sarr, Clint, and OO.  Read into that what you will ... 

Not only that but i think you will need Onyeka in a trade if you move murray to get another star back if that is the moves you want to make as a team.   Murray + OO + sac 1st + griffin  is a very competitive package for a star if one comes available imo.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who are we trading the pick for?

My thought exactly.  If you told me that they were going to get a star level player in return, I could see trading it.  But, that's just not going happen in all likelihood.  I still believe the offers for the pick aren't going to be worth it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Do we keep Clint to mentor Sarr? Do they have similar enough playstyles?

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We've been trying to trade CC in forever and a day....getting #1 shouldn't alter the approach to the current roster retool. 

I don't want to hear...we added Sarr and that's the end of our offseason for the front court.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We've been trying to trade CC in forever and a day....getting #1 shouldn't alter the approach to the current roster retool. 

I don't want to hear...we added Sarr and that's the end of our offseason for the front court.

I agree. But I just wonder if CC has a bit more value to us here in mentoring Sarr for one year vs whatever limited value he might have in a trade. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which team wants Clint? And what can we get for him?

What would you (the collective “you”) think if instead of trading DJM and parts to NOP for 26yo BI looking for close to $50mil, they send DJM, CC, #1 pick and parts to PHX for 36yo KD at $48mil?

KD most likely to get moved of their big three, they have no point guard, and no picks through 2030. 

IMG_8335.thumb.jpeg.744d89cf2b3e5a2425300b05789aa577.jpeg

Trae

Bogi

KD

JJ

OO

I'm not saying I’m in favor of it, but just throwing it out there that it could be possible. 35yo KD scares me, but that’s a star for Trae. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Wretch said:

If it were me, I'm not trading this pick.

I think Trae, some shooters, some defenders, and tweaks to the roster WITHOUT dealing DJ can get us into the playoffs.  I think replacing DJ with the right player at a different position could get us deep into the playoffs.  I would select Sarr, retool around Trae, JJ, OO and be done with it.

If I'm Landry, unless Trae has expressed some discontent, I'd make a definitive statement telling the press and rival GM's to f-off.  If by some chance Trae was unhappy, I'd shut the circus down and just make a deal.

I agree.  I wouldn't trade the pick.  I'll also add that should Trae ask out, I wouldn't trade directly with San Antonio.  I don't care if they offered all the picks back (they won't).  Trae is a star and he shouldn't be traded for some discount offer just so the NBA can get their Wemby dynasty.  Keep Trae and build a functional team for now and the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

What would you (the collective “you”) think if instead of trading DJM and parts to NOP for 26yo BI looking for close to $50mil, they send DJM, CC, #1 pick and parts to PHX for 36yo KD at $48mil?

KD most likely to get moved of their big three, they have no point guard, and no picks through 2030. 

IMG_8335.thumb.jpeg.744d89cf2b3e5a2425300b05789aa577.jpeg

Trae

Bogi

KD

JJ

OO

I'm not saying I’m in favor of it, but just throwing it out there that it could be possible. 35yo KD scares me, but that’s a star for Trae. 

If KD were 27, I would be okay with that.  But at 35?  Big picture, that's not good for the franchise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

If KD were 27, I would be okay with that.  But at 35?  Big picture, that's not good for the franchise.

I agree. But it’s a win now move, and what happens if Trae pushes the FO again for this win now move? He’s pushed them to trade for players before. 

What if Trae told the FA “Get me KD, or trade me”?

Who here would rather have:

Trae + KD

or

Sarr + DJM?

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Thoughts on this?

You get a better chance to get the players you need with a DJM or Trae trade, but who in the right mind wants the number one pick this year?

• Like 1