• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

yeah that might be worth it.  We'd need hella shooters everywhere else, but it would certainly make up for our lack of defense.  I'm drooling over the potential lineup of Giannis and Sarr manning the paint.  Good luck scoring there. 

In that scenario, we would have a starting lineup of:

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Giannis

OO

The #1 pick would be going to Milwaukee so no Sarr in that situation.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Dragitoff said:

yeah that might be worth it.  We'd need hella shooters everywhere else, but it would certainly make up for our lack of defense.  I'm drooling over the potential lineup of Giannis and Sarr manning the paint.  Good luck scoring there. 

That would be great.  Unfortunately, I think the Hawks would have to trade the 1st pick to Milwaukee in that scenario if I'm not mistaken.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Giannis

OO

Yeah, I edited my post because I got a little too giddy with potential on that one.  haha.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Theoretically, the Hawks could give up that haul for a star and then trade Murray to further balance out the roster.  The problem is (looks around league), who's actually going to trade their star for a package centered around the 1st pick in this draft?  I don't see it.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I was asked to not repeat it. I don't know if @NBASupes wants to share the name or hold onto it because his sources asked for the same privacy.

Oh no, I don't want you or your source to get in trouble. I'm purely speculating. 

It's a painful price. I have sticker shock at the moment, but, ultimately, I want to win a championship.

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Theoretically, the Hawks could give up that haul for a star and then trade Murray to further balance out the roster.  The problem is (looks around league), who's actually going to trade their star for a package centered around the 1st pick in this draft?  I don't see it.

I think that's where Jalen and the future 1st become the sweetener.  Jalen is probably the central point of the deal and the picks are the sweeteners. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Giannis

OO

Are t we forgetting about Murray here, that will net us additional resources 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You missed the part, I can't confirm if it was Giannis, but our #1 pick is going OUT in the proposed trade.

#1 pick in 2024

Jalen Johnson

Capela

two future firsts

for 

superstar

Regardless of who the "superstar" is, there would most likely need to be additional salaries added to that to make the deal work.  Even the cap hit on the top pick accounts for what $12m?  Those 3 salaries alone put you at just over $35m salary.  That's not getting you many established Superstars unless they're still on their rookie deals or they blossomed after signing their first extensions.  

Edited by Dragitoff

14 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Also, a trade with the Spurs requires us taking salary back and they have a bunch of low salary players other than Vassell and Johnson.  So what would that look like?

I'd want Sochan back in any deal with them. 

5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Are t we forgetting about Murray here, that will net us additional resources 

Hell, keep Murray in this case.  To quote Nacho Libre, "I wanna win".  🤣

• Haha 1

I'm.not up on giannis situation in Milwaukee or what they got going on up there but this 1st and Jalen plus 2 future firsta which I don't know how u sell that to bucks fans.  I would probably do it, if we got some player that fit better with that group for Murray 

17 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I won't ask who, but if true, I would guess Giannis.  At any rate, I don't see any team who has an established star trading them, especially if they aren't asking out.  Lol, this whole thing seems kinda convenient for the Spurs, huh?

F the spurs they are POS. We should never help them. 

only way I’d consider a big package like that is Giannis but you gotta include bug eyes too

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’ve been saying all along I thought this is the year Giannis moves.. seems like the Lillard thing isn’t gonna work plus I think the Adrian Griffin debacle is super bad

Doc is a horrible coach too

would be hilarious if doc went there just for them to start rebuilding

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Giannis

OO

We'd still have DJ to trade for better fits elsewhere.