• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The star in question is not KD

And we're supposed to be giving up JJ plus salary to match plus the 1st pick this year plus 2 additional 1st in the future that we don't really have any available?  

And we're doing this and only getting back 1 superstar player?  And that's supposed to make us a contender?  Do I have that all correct?  

SMH

15 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

and why do we want KD for?  He is the last person in the NBA that I want on this team, and he wants to go to the Heat

14 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Why on Earth would a GM trade the #1 pick for a player in his mid-30s? 

Hey, I didn’t say I wanted that. If fact I wouldn’t want 35yo KD at $48mil/yr. 

I was just proposing it as a real possibility we may come up against. 
KD or Giannis, whatever. 
But I think KD will be on his way out sooner rather than later to his, what, 5th team?

Suns way underachieved. In cap hell. No draft picks til 2030. Can’t trade face of team in Booker. Can’t trade Beal at his contract and no trade clause. KD is a fickle one who asks out when the going gets tough, so I could see them working out an exit. 

I wouldn’t be surprised is KD is moved before Giannis. And he will be easier to get than Giannis. I suspect other teams could beat any package the Hawks could offer for Giannis. 

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Lmao

weve already seen the supes spiral tragedy.. thankfully he is resting at camp @kg01 A special healing facility for spiraled squawkers 

we don’t need another victim this week.. stay strong lucas

Yeah, "resting".

For legal purposes, I've not seen hotSupes and I have an airtight alibi.

I direct any further questions to my attorneys, @Spud2nique & Associates. 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I TOLD YOU!! I TOLD YOU!! What I say? Didn’t I say it Trae could ask the FO to trade the pick to get a star or to trade him if they don’t?! 
Didn’t I saw that?! Yeah I said that. 
I’ll take the doubters apologies off the air thank you very much. 

I speculated KD, but we’ll see. 

So, I’ll ask this again:

would you rather have 

Trae + KD

or 

Murray + Sarr

?

Murray + Sarr + picks

• Like 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I TOLD YOU!! I TOLD YOU!! What I say? Didn’t I say it Trae could ask the FO to trade the pick to get a star or to trade him if they don’t?! 
Didn’t I saw that?! Yeah I said that. 
I’ll take the doubters apologies off the air thank you very much. 

I speculated KD, but we’ll see. 

So, I’ll ask this again:

would you rather have 

Trae + KD

or 

Murray + Sarr

?

lol those of us that weren't burying our head in the sand to all the reports and circumstantial evidence saw this coming.  The question is not Trae+Giannis/Embiid versus Murray + Sarr, it's Murray + Sarr + JJ and a bunch of picks for flexibility, etc.

We're not good enough to go all-in and completely mortgage our future.  We'll be burning out in the first/second round for a few years then be in absolute purgatory when the aging star we trade for starts declining.  Trae is 25 years old and imo in no position to make ultimatums for us to go all-in right now.  If that's his ask, we need to trade him.  If he was 30, I would have more sympathy.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

What?  

The Bucks failed because Giannis was injured and didn't play.  So too was Middleton for a bit.  The Bucks team that failed out of the playoffs this year might as well have been the Blazers from the last few years.  

I don't like the trade because I think we'd be giving up FAR too much for Giannis, but I can't argue that we'd be a lot closer to a title with Trae / Giannis.  But I also want to keep the 1st pick, take Sarr and make trades around the edges to enhance the roster overall.  

The Bucks failed because they fired Mike Budenholzer.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Bucks failed because they fired Mike Budenholzer.  

That may be part of it, but they failed because their MVP didn't play a single minute.  Even if they had Bud, they weren't going anywhere without Giannis.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Yeah......I'm probably gonna check out.  I don't believe all the rumors, but something about all this doesn't sit right with me.  I've spent way too much time on the Squawk these last couple of days anyway.

@Sothron, if I'm not lurking here... I'll hit you up on FB for updates you're allowed to share.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Wretch said:

Yeah......I'm probably gonna check out.  I don't believe all the rumors, but something about all this doesn't sit right with me.  I've spent way too much time on the Squawk these last couple of days anyway.

@Sothron, if I'm not lurking here... I'll hit you up on FB for updates you're allowed to share.

Always there for you, my friend. We need to hang out again, been too long!

42 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

And we're supposed to be giving up JJ plus salary to match plus the 1st pick this year plus 2 additional 1st in the future that we don't really have any available?  

And we're doing this and only getting back 1 superstar player?  And that's supposed to make us a contender?  Do I have that all correct?  

SMH

I can't see it happening.  We don't have the assets to trade.  We can't trade our 2026 pick because we don't have a pick in 2025 or 2027.  I doubt Milwaukee trades him for #1 this year, a pick in 2028, and a pick in 2030.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am expecting us to draft Sarr and trade DJM with potential trades of a couple of other Hawks.  Don’t know about Bey but should be relatively cheap like a QO if we resign him.  Not expecting us to pay the tax.  Still could be a dynamic reshaping of the team.

I just went back and listened to Landry's post deadline press zoom.  Two things stood out to me.  He kept talking about growth from within and how that was a more sustainable model than just making a move to essentially make a move.  He also pretty emphatically stated that he's not building this team around one guy.  He's building around the aspects that he feels is important.  With all the talk that is going on now, that made me raise my eyebrow.  

• Like 3

I stopped on page 296 so Ive got some more pages to go....

But IF its Giannis....you just do that. 

What do we hope JJ becomes? How far off of that is Giannis, who already is that.

What do we hope Sarr becomes? Same thing. 

The extra firsts suck, but to me, its kind of a no brainer. Giannis is what we hope these players/assets become. Tell the Bucks thank you and go to the next step lol. 

• Like 1