• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

So I'll never abandon the Squawk, just need to take a break.  The idea of moving on from Trae is HEAVY as is the thought of trading the #1.  I'm still lurking a little, but I did want to weigh in (also, someone needs to create a poll).

• First of all, I want no part of any deal that sends Trae to the Spurs. I don't want to trade him, but if a deal must be made it can't be with San Antonio so they can build a dynasty.  Absolutely not.
  • Trading Trae for picks is bad for Atlanta sports just trade him for another star if we just have to.
  • Trading the #1 pick is almost just as bad in terms of optics
  • I don't want Giannis.  We are an injury away from mortgaging everything for nothing.  There's no guarantee of anything even without injuries.  In a couple of years it there is a good chance of us having no Sarr, no Trae, no JJ, no Giannis, no titles, and NONE of our picks.

Move DJ for better fit/equal value, get some defenders/shooters, and build a competitive team WITH Sarr.  We can make the playoffs and give San Antonio some middling 1sts.   2026 is a pick swap, we could both end up in the lottery and they decline it.  We made that bed, we need to lay in it.

We all dont want Trae to be traded but here is the deal, if he does not like where the team is going, he will be leaving on his own and we wont get anything out of it, nothing at all.  Plus we will still have to pay for those picks as well.  It is not easy but I think I am glad that we did get the first pick, addressing now is good versus doing it later.

• Like 2

Did anyone else see the B/R article today that talked about deals Atlanta could do for #1?  One of them was actually Mikal Bridges and DFS, Suns '27 FRP and '28 Grizzlies SRP for Capela and #1.  I am intrigued by Sarr, but if that offer ever became a reality, that's one we'd have to do.  Bridges is EXACTLY what this teams needs next to Trae.  I know it's B/R BS, but it was actually a deal that seemed fair for Atlanta for once. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

Did anyone else see the B/R article today that talked about deals Atlanta could do for #1?  One of them was actually Mikal Bridges and DFS, Suns '27 FRP and '28 Grizzlies SRP for Capela and #1.  I am intrigued by Sarr, but if that offer ever became a reality, that's one we'd have to do.  Bridges is EXACTLY what this teams needs next to Trae.  I know it's B/R BS, but it was actually a deal that seemed fair for Atlanta for once. 

I feel like that isn't enough for the Nets, but since we all know trade articles are never written in favor of us, I'll assume it's a reasonable deal for them too lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

Umm, I dont think the Nets will do something like that, they got burned too many times right now and they still have Claxton on the team unless he is going to be FA.  The smart pick is to just draft the player. 

4 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

We all dont want Trae to be traded but here is the deal, if he does not like where the team is going, he will be leaving on his own and we wont get anything out of it, nothing at all.  Plus we will still have to pay for those picks as well.  It is not easy but I think I am glad that we did get the first pick, addressing now is good versus doing it later.

It would be pretty rare for a top 15 player in the NBA to just run out his contract and walk on the open market.  We still have 2 full seasons before we get to that point.  There's no rush.  Let it play out and if he's unhappy after this next season, then you can try to find a home for him.  

• Like 3

These trades on BR stink.

IMG_5070.thumb.jpeg.182c13c153c784e5622fa235a59920db.jpeg

This one is interesting to me as we get my boy 👦 Mikal. We get another perimeter defensive wing in DFS, and the Suns 2027 1st which could be big because the Suns will suck by then.

Still keeping Sarr.

IMG_5071.thumb.jpeg.6cb8b6809bae5354f1e8543e58841095.jpeg

HELL NOOOOO!!! 😡 screw the spurs.

IMG_5072.thumb.jpeg.d3a9ba3b1b5b89314e200dc99e01609b.jpeg

⬆️ THE DUMBEST ONE OF ALL! 🤦‍♀️ 

IMG_5073.thumb.jpeg.209ee68a7900612b419b6f96ca4d5cb8.jpeg

Nope. 👎 Why would be trade 1 for 2, no.

IMG_5074.thumb.jpeg.da860e3eda4284492dc2ff411e1b4950.jpeg

I like Ausar a LOT. He’s a beast and covers ground on D. I HATE Jaden Ivey, No. 5 could get us Matas. 

This would net Ausar, #5 (Matas Bru) Ivey ..

Still keeping Sarr.

Only one that made me blink was Mikal but I would still keep #1.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

None. The Bucks are not trading Giannis for just Jalen, two future firsts and salary. They would demand and get the #1 pick

Sarr is never gonna be Giannis good surprised people don’t want this option. 

trae Giannis makes you a championship contender day 1. Something this franchise has not been for 25+ years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Umm, I dont think the Nets will do something like that, they got burned too many times right now and they still have Claxton on the team unless he is going to be FA.  The smart pick is to just draft the player. 

I totally agree that deal made no sense.  I was honestly shocked there was finally one in the Hawks favor.  Normally it's Trae Young for No D Russell, Rui Hachimura and a 2082 FRP. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Look at the numbers DJM put up when Trae was out. They were honestly comparable to Trae's. Yet somehow Trae is the generational talent, and DJM is a run of the mill point guard. Yea okay. 

I'm with you!  The dirty little secret is other teams are not willing to give up anything of value for Trae which is why the Hawks are stuck with him and will be forced to give up Murray instead.

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Sarr is never gonna be Giannis good surprised people don’t want this option. 

trae Giannis makes you a championship contender day 1. Something this franchise has not been for 25+ years 

You don't know this.  Giannis wasn't expected to be Giannis good.  The most likely outcome is he won't be Giannis good, but there's a non zero chance he could be on a level of prime Giannis or better.  

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Look at the numbers DJM put up when Trae was out. They were honestly comparable to Trae's. Yet somehow Trae is the generational talent, and DJM is a run of the mill point guard. Yea okay. 

Look at the sorry ass teams we played while Trae was out.  Yeah, we upset the Celtics, but that was not a gauntlet.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Afro said:

Agreed. Thanks to the #1 pick and DJM, we have enough assets, as long as Landry does his job, to reasonably keep Trae happy.

I think our goal should be to put together a winning program, not keeping Trae happy.  

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Keeping Trae happy and building a winning program is not mutually exclusive.

Sure, but what is the cause and effect here?  Winning > Trae happy.  That doesn't mean the front office should be working backwards and taking input from Trae or listening to what he wants.  He's not a GM and his interest is Trae Young, not the Atlanta Hawks.

Our front office cannot control Trae's emotions, not should they try, nor should they make that a focus.  The goal should be putting together a sustainable, winning, program.  And if that means the best path forward is developing and progressing slowly, that's what they should do.  The idea that there is anything we can do to take a team that can't make the playoffs into a championship caliber squad in a single offseason is just way off.  Even 2 seasons is a big time stretch.

• Like 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Sure, but what is the cause and effect here?  Winning > Trae happy.  That doesn't mean the front office should be working backwards and taking input from Trae or listening to what he wants.  He's not a GM and his interest is Trae Young, not the Atlanta Hawks.

Our front office cannot control Trae's emotions, not should they try, nor should they make that a focus.  The goal should be putting together a sustainable, winning, program.

Any company, team, business, communicates with their top employees and want to make sure they are happy with certain aspects of plans.  That doesn't mean the employee has to be happy with the decision. The biggest thing is communication.  That's all Trae has asked is to be communicated with.  

You seem to make the assumption that he has to be happy with what they tell him. He doesn't.  Just communication.  Then everyone makes their decision from there.

• Like 4