• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I don’t quite understand how this would work. 
If Mia doesn’t have the assets to trade for Dame, how would they have the assets to pay another team to send their assets to Portland so they can receive Dame? 

What do they have of value to trade that the Blazers don’t find valuable? 

This is an older post. That's before I got confirmation that he's basically forcing his way to Miami 

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We can't ignore circumstances when speaking of their runs.  They were a play-in team last year and lost a lot if the pieces that got hot to propel their run.  Lillard will put up amazing scoring numbers for them but it's a questionable fit both offensively and defensively.  It's not like they just parachuted Lillard onto a finals team.  Next year will be a completely different environment.  It may work, it may not but they still have work to do to fill out their roster. 

Miami took a team of spare parts to the Finals, Im sure they can build around that trio with more second hand role players and find success.

They have always done more with less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is an older post. That's before I got confirmation that he's basically forcing his way to Miami 

So are you thinking it’s just going to be Beal to Suns part 2? 

Hero, Haslem and a couple of second round picks?

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Miami took a team of spare parts to the Finals, Im sure they can build around that trio with more second hand role players and find success.

They have always done more with less.

No they haven't.  When they've won titles, it's been on the backs of multiple hall of famers.  The bubble run was a fluke and I'd make a case that last year was a bit irregular as well.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We can talk smack about them all we want but the Heat continue to be the class of our division.

Butler’s grit and will power has carried them to 2 Finals already; adding Dame’s gamebreaking offense will make them a title favorite that will be able to stand toe to toe with Boston in the East. Dame, Jimmy and Bam are 3 of the toughest competitors in the game. Would be a formidable trio that is easy to build around.

The word "build" is a bit weird when talking about Old Fogeys Butler and Dame.... whatever is build will crumble in a couple years. 

If you said "formidable trio to ring chase around"... that would be make more sense. But still they don't scare me. 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No they haven't.  When they've won titles, it's been on the backs of multiple hall of famers.  The bubble run was a fluke and I'd make a case that last year was a bit irregular as well.

And we have been to how many in the same time frame? Flukey or not, they have got it done on the court and we haven’t.

Meanwhile, let’s continue to cry about losing JC and not wanting to pay DJ. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Like the Heat, we only need one star that we drafted, but we gotta put 3-4 total clutch performers out there (Bron Wade Bosh) to be able to get it done in crunch time.

We don’t have to be like the Warriors but more like the Bucks when they added Jrue and Brook.

Fortunately we got Trae and DJ but we need a 3rd preferably a forward. If PG or Siakam or somebody that has clutch experience and can take over games I’ll take it.

Edited by theheroatl

Brook Lopez played Houston until he got the right offer from the Bucks. This is one case where salary cap money didn't win out. Culture did.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

So are you thinking it’s just going to be Beal to Suns part 2? 

Hero, Haslem and a couple of second round picks?

Yeah it won't cost them that much..that's the way it is with teams they wanna play for..Lakers and Heat

4 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Nah man!

dame/Jimmy/bam is the best team in the east especially with spo as the coach!

Not !!

Even if Miami gets Dame I still believe Milwaukee and Boston are the beasts of the east. But if they keep Herro and get Dame all bets are off.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

And we have been to how many in the same time frame? Flukey or not, they have got it done on the court and we haven’t.

Meanwhile, let’s continue to cry about losing JC and not wanting to pay DJ. 

None, but we're not talking about us.

Flukes don't equate to a plan.

4 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Nah man!

dame/Jimmy/bam is the best team in the east especially with spo as the coach!

They'll be a solid team but there are holes there, that's my point.  That's not a juggernaut. 

For our fans

We got 

Trae/Kobe

Murray/Bogi/Matthews

Hunter/Griffin

Bey/JJ/Gueye

Capela/OO/Bruno for now

This team has virtually no PT available outside of center once Clint is moved. We just don't have much PT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1