• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, kg01 said:

JoeLLLL is a fraud.  When's everybody else gonna catch up to you and me? 

Felt this way a long time as well.  Dude is a "dominant" big that relies on getting soft whistles and cannot get a clutch bucket if his life depended on it (because his conditioning is arguably the worst in the league).  Turnover machine as well.  Our series against them should have opened everyones eyes but Simmons took the heat off the rest of the team.  Harris was awful too and Doc was arguably worse in that series, all shielding the fact Embiid was TERRIBLE.  People act like performance is zero sum so if you criticized Embiid after that series the stans ran out of the woodwork to blame anyone and everyone else, even though he absolutely should have taken over, and he did the opposite.

Sorry for the rant but this is one of my soap box topics lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Felt this way a long time as well.  Dude is a "dominant" big that relies on getting soft whistles and cannot get a clutch bucket if his life depended on it (because his conditioning is arguably the worst in the league).  Turnover machine as well.  Our series against them should have opened everyones eyes but Simmons took the heat off the rest of the team.  Harris was awful too and Doc was arguably worse in that series, all shielding the fact Embiid was TERRIBLE.  People act like performance is zero sum so if you criticized Embiid after that series the stans ran out of the woodwork to blame anyone and everyone else, even though he absolutely should have taken over, and he did the opposite.

Sorry for the rant but this is one of my soap box topics lol 

Eggsactly!

Why do people, including mvp voters, ignore all his warts?  Guys a supposed dominant big but flails around like he's the 5'11" guard.

AND HE NEVER WINS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Whys that meaningless for him? 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Whys that meaningless for him? 

Cus the league REALLY didn't want to 3peat Joker as MVP, even though he had the best season of his career and arguably the greatest statistical season, ever.  It's in the NBA's best interest to promote a diversity of star players to get support from lots of geographies and drive more engagement

• Like 4

On 8/14/2023 at 2:06 PM, djjob23 said:

What do they know that we don’t… 👀 

https://x.com/bookies/status/1691105432717389824?s=46&t=8v2t8Tg0a87E2l7bs0NAiw

Tweet embeds aren’t working for me, but it has betting odds for James Harden’s next team:

LAC: +500

ATL: +550 (WHAT?!?)

MIN: +650

PHI: +750

MIA: +800

They probably have Trae and AJ coming to Philly in a Harden trade.

Can't wait to see the rationale.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Cus the league REALLY didn't want to 3peat Joker as MVP, even though he had the best season of his career and arguably the greatest statistical season, ever.  It's in the NBA's best interest to promote a diversity of star players to get support from lots of geographies and drive more engagement

Unless that player's name is Trae Young.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Unless that player's name is Trae Young.

So sad… but true. For some reason only 1 of Luka/Trae is allowed to be praised because the media NEEDS to have winners and losers and not just prop up amazing talent.:not_i:

If I were Trae, I’d take Gilbert’s advice and start sending flowers to coaches/media. It’s politics baby! :facts3:

image.gif.ad3aeda24f17a472f35b61a4d749c058.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
On 8/14/2023 at 4:18 PM, kg01 said:

JoeLLLL is a fraud.  When's everybody else gonna catch up to you and me? 

This was made abundantly clear to me after our series against them. If Embiid isn't an out-of-shape cry baby p*ssy afraid of clutch moments the Hawks get steamrolled. Ben got all the heat but a lot of it should have been directed at Embiid. Now this year after an even more pathetic showing in the playoffs on the heels of his "MVP" season, and Rivers getting the boot, Embiid is officially out of sacrificial scapegoats to hide behind if(when) he chokes again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 8/16/2023 at 1:43 AM, JeffS17 said:

Same sham, garbage reason Jordan and Shaq didn’t win more MVPs.  Basketball doesn’t have the season to season swinginess of baseball or football.  Sometimes a guy like Jordan simply the best player every year for a decade and should have 10 MVP during that time.  But the voters get antsy and push someone else in so there can be more conversation around it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

This was made abundantly clear to me after our series against them. If Embiid isn't an out-of-shape cry baby p*ssy afraid of clutch moments the Hawks get steamrolled. Ben got all the heat but a lot of it should have been directed at Embiid. Now this year after an even more pathetic showing in the playoffs on the heels of his "MVP" season, and Rivers getting the boot, Embiid is officially out of sacrificial scapegoats to hide behind if(when) he chokes again.

Nah.  Out of shape Harden will be the scapegoat.

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, AHF said:

Same sham, garbage reason Jordan and Shaq didn’t win more MVPs.  Basketball doesn’t have the season to season swinginess of baseball or football.  Sometimes a guy like Jordan simply the best player every year for a decade and should have 10 MVP during that time.  But the voters get antsy and push someone else in so there can be more conversation around it.

Yep, unfortunately it's in the best interest of everyone (except purist fans) to rotate MVP winners.  More talking head topics, more engagement from different fan bases, etc.  The MVP narrative has to keep chugging on and producing views, clicks, etc, even though last year Jokic should have been the clear favorite.  If he didn't have a single MVP going into last year, his season would have warranted a unanimous MVP like Currys

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, AHF said:

It's also a marketing thing. In a star driven league you want to showcase as many stars as possible. Media members benefit off of it as well. The PR campaign for Embiid was massive, and I know people were talking about racism, but I don't think Perk or any of them claiming Jokic was winning MVP's because he's white actually believed it or cared for themselves It was all just part of the marketing campaign they were putting together to get clicks and views.