• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster

KB21

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

I know.  He's green as grass.  

But I keep getting the feeling that Mo Gueye is much more than we, the fans here on the Squawk, believe.  

:smug:

I hope so.  I feel like I've been very excited about a lot of big men taken later in the draft over the years and they never seem to work out for us while other teams get Jokic, Montrezl, Millsap, Gasol, Dray, Boozer, Jordan, etc.  Maybe it is our time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

My expectation for AJ in summer league are the same as every other 2nd year player in SL who was part of an NBA rotation during their rookie year....total domination.   See Jaylen Williams (the good one) for reference.

Looking forward to watching Bufkin play.  Also looking forward to being able to fast forward through any parts of the game where Bufkin is on the bench.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

I hope so.  I feel like I've been very excited about a lot of big men taken later in the draft over the years and they never seem to work out for us while other teams get Jokic, Montrezl, Millsap, Gasol, Dray, Boozer, Jordan, etc.  Maybe it is our time!

You couldn't have been excited about fatso Spellman or Bebe's kids

It finally hit me exactly who Bufkin plays like. A young Steph Curry. Similar bag. Nice passing but not PGs. Fluid and agile af. Just that Steph is a long movement type whereas Kobe is a short movement type like Kevin. Kobe shoots well but nowhere near as good as Kevin and Steph is all world aka the GOAT so he doesn't have anywhere near Steph's offensive ceiling but he does have a high floor like Steph. His defense is much better due to height and length which Steph lacks. He can defend 1/2s for sure. That's who Kobe reminds me of, Steph or at least shades of Steph. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It finally hit me exactly who Bufkin plays like. A young Steph Curry. Similar bag. Nice passing but not PGs. Fluid and agile af. Just that Steph is a long movement type whereas Kobe is a short movement type like Kevin. Kobe shoots well but nowhere near as good as Kevin and Steph is all world aka the GOAT so he doesn't have anywhere near Steph's offensive ceiling but he does have a high floor like Steph. His defense is much better due to height and length which Steph lacks. He can defend 1/2s for sure. That's who Kobe reminds me of, Steph or at least shades of Steph. 

Come on Supes...Bufkin is way more athletic than Curry.  Think he was 4th in all of college basketball regarding shot at the rim!

4 hours ago, AHF said:

We actually had Pau Gasol with the #3 pick. We traded him for a win now player in Shareef Abdul Rahim... Patience is key

Also to add to @JayBirdHawk post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I think I can see it thru a small peep hole and I agree he's destined for greatness as a guard that's not your typical PG.

Until he shows me different I still see him more as the DJ we hoped we were getting.

Skilled on both ends of the floor and high energy/motor guy who knows how to win. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You couldn't have been excited about fatso Spellman or Bebe's kids

I had hopes for both.  I tend to come in hoping for the best for any new Hawk.  Even if I'm not optimistic, I'd like to be surprised.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

My early impressions after a couple days of summer league:

Chet:   very rusty, but has been solid.  Trying to do a bit too much in the open court, but I expect that to be cleaned up once he gets with the parent club.

Brandon Miller:   Looks positively awful.  but he is playing on what might be the worst Summer League team in the history of sports.  I'm not sure Charlotte could even win the TBT $1,000,000 tourney later this summer.   

Nick SMith Jr:  Sucks

Amari Bailey:  Should've been drafted ahead of Smith

Podziemski:   Yet another miss by @Spud2nique, this guy looks very solid.

Keyontae George:  Meh, but at least he's better than Nick Smith.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, shakes said:

My early impressions after a couple days of summer league:

Chet:   very rusty, but has been solid.  Trying to do a bit too much in the open court, but I expect that to be cleaned up once he gets with the parent club.

Brandon Miller:   Looks positively awful.  but he is playing on what might be the worst Summer League team in the history of sports.  I'm not sure Charlotte could even win the TBT $1,000,000 tourney later this summer.   

Nick SMith Jr:  Sucks

Amari Bailey:  Should've been drafted ahead of Smith

Podziemski:   Yet another miss by @Spud2nique, this guy looks very solid.

Keyontae George:  Meh, but at least he's better than Nick Smith.

Same on Chet but was special last year

Miller will look a lot better next to Melo and Bridges

Smith Jr will need time, his bag is massive but his size was an issue in college, he's gonna need time. Greensboro he goes

I had Bailey as a late raiser. I had him as a tier 4 grade when it was all said and done. 

Podz is my guy, I personally like him more than Bufkin but I get the pick and they are in the same tier and grade 

George is quick and fast but he will need work. He reminds me of Monta Ellis but doesn't have Ellis bag.

• Like 2