• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HEAR THEE HEAR THEE 🛎️ 🛎️ 🛎️

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I really go back and forth between AJ and JJ.  JJ could be a point forward Amare Stoudemire.  AJ has that NBA pedigree playing like a vet shooting 40% from three at 19 years old.  AJ is smoother but JJ has the higher ceiling.  Tough to decide between the two, and I would personally defer to Quin to make the choice.   

I don't think JJ has the higher ceiling.  I've seen you say that but I disagree with it.  Mainly because of this...

If you take away JJ's athleticism, what can he do?

He might be a good passer but that's about it. 

AJ's game translates.  His size is a good fit for the 2 or the 3.   Once he learns how to play good defense, he's going to be a handful. 

I said that JJ was 3/5 of a Josh Smith.   He's about 3/5 of a Stoudamire too.  He's athletic but those guys were uber athletic.  You have to put Smoove, Stoudamire, Kemp, Marion, Griffin and guys like that into a superman athletic category.  Guys whoose athleticism made them dominant players.   JJ is right outside of that.   I don't know if it's mentality or genetic.. but some guys have it and some don't.  The good thing about JJ is that he's basketball smart.  He's like ...  Al Harrington in a way. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thecampster said:

Hmmm...wondering how we could make a long term bet (say 5 years) that JJ ends up better than either.

Why are we getting against our own guys 🥴 AJ, JJ and OO have great chemistry and are a great combo to have on the floor together.

If people are still holding hope for Siakam and thinking that's a smart trade as far as chemistry, match (Trae, DJ and someone to take the ball away from them😲), salary, Hawks DNA (starts with the want to be here), worth the special talent/chemistry that this youthful group has than all I can say is I'm super elated that y'all aren't GM's.

I hope none of y'all are Landry at least lol.. Honestly Landry has shown me nothing but competence so far so I know he knows better.

For the record JJ might end up being better than them because of his versatility but I'd rather have this convo once we are title winners/dynasty and are so good all we have to argue over is who's best on our team lol.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF said he’s gonna try and woo me but it’s gonna take a lot @kg01 a whole hellavu a lot because the traffic I generate on this site, it’s off the charts. I think the squawk has climbed into the top 10 most fav websites of non hawk fans alone (with all the hate I generate around the league, they come to take out blood 🩸 right here at squawk) is nutty. 

I know there are a lot of you whom I recruited here as Warrior, Rocket 🚀, Clippers etc fans here to get the 411. 

In real estate 🏡 it’s location location location.. 

Websites is all about hits hits hits…

Start woo’in baby.. let’s hear it! I want some effort put into the woo too. 🙏🏿 

@AHF the “start woo’in part, I blame that on Starbucks, they had me riding a lil too high, my bad. 😊 

• 7 months later...

Uh oh, we got tcampst vs squd?  The matchup we've been needing for years.

Good thing I iced up my hammies this mornin' cause I'm squattin down in my defensive stance like Trae and Bufkin were last game.

Let's gettit on! 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Reviving this thread.  Since I needed a good chuckle this morning. I assumed all of you did too.

Makes me sad given where AJ was this time last year and where his mental health has had him this year.  Let's revisit when AJ is back in the swing of basketball.  JJ is setting a high bar but AJ has had a lost year akin to a major injury.  I'm not going to hold that against him long-term.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Reviving this thread.  Since I needed a good chuckle this morning. I assumed all of you did too.

Wow...ummm yeah.  I've looked at a few older threads recently.  Lots of similarities.  JJ is the only draft pick I got excited about since Trae.  

People are stuck at Super Weenie Hut Jr.  We turn mediocre draft picks into sacred cows, not just Spud.  It's definitely a trend we have to get past.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Makes me sad given where AJ was this time last year and where his mental health has had him this year.  Let's revisit when AJ is back in the swing of basketball.  JJ is setting a high bar but AJ has had a lost year akin to a major injury.  I'm not going to hold that against him long-term.

If AJ takes a leap akin to JJ's .... ooooh boy, we might mess around and go 83-0 next year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If AJ takes a leap akin to JJ's .... ooooh boy, we might mess around and go 83-0 next year. 

I don't think he has JJ's upside but he can be an outstanding shooter and important player on the team.  We've missed his presence this year playing guys like Forrest, Garrison, Wesley, etc.  He hit multiple game winners as a rookie.  Those shouldn't be the last of his career.  Got to get him back on track.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think he has JJ's upside but he can be an outstanding shooter and important player on the team.  We've missed his presence this year playing guys like Forrest, Garrison, Wesley, etc.  He hit multiple game winners as a rookie.  Those shouldn't be the last of his career.  Got to get him back on track.

He’s a baller ⛹🏾‍♂️ they never die just multiply.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

So you thinkin.... 82-1? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Good thing I iced up my hammies this mornin' cause I'm squattin down in my defensive stance like Trae and Bufkin were last game.

Let's gettit on! 

The question is who you coaching?  Squad or TCamp?