• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HEAR THEE HEAR THEE 🛎️ 🛎️ 🛎️

Spud2nique

@AHF said he’s gonna try and woo me but it’s gonna take a lot @kg01 a whole hellavu a lot because the traffic I generate on this site, it’s off the charts. I think the squawk has climbed into the top 10 most fav websites of non hawk fans alone (with all the hate I generate around the league, they come to take out blood 🩸 right here at squawk) is nutty. 

I know there are a lot of you whom I recruited here as Warrior, Rocket 🚀, Clippers etc fans here to get the 411. 

In real estate 🏡 it’s location location location.. 

Websites is all about hits hits hits…

Start woo’in baby.. let’s hear it! I want some effort put into the woo too. 🙏🏿 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hmmm...wondering how we could make a long term bet (say 5 years) that JJ ends up better than either.

I’ll do that right now. I’ll even take AJ>JJ alone because OO vs JJ wouldn’t be fair. OO is the next best and most versatile big in the league. He’s already given Giannis some major issues. Ya I’ll take any bet.

Somebody run the stats on first round picks  turning into stars or superstars not just solid rotation players.

I’ll take AJ as my lone bet to be a star. At least an all-star once or twice.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

If the Hawks trade away OO and AJ in a package 📦 , Spud as you know him, is gone after 38 years of fandom, that’s right Stu has invited me out to his cabin in the Montanas. 🏔️ Where we will most likely whine about Hawks past mistakes for years to come. @sturt thanks for the invite buddy! 

I’m 83% serious. Unless it’s for Giannis. These kids are gonna be good. 

I will love you all but I can’t see them draft 2 special players like these and flip them. @Wretch agrees with me and believes there aren’t any prospects out there like OO and AJ. 😶 

You might not be alone

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You might not be alone

You know you are always invited to Stu’s cabin. (I’m guessing I don’t know.. I think he wants us there..) 

Fishing 🎣 and talkin Hawks! Good times!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You know you are always invited to Stu’s cabin. (I’m guessing I don’t know.. I think he wants us there..) 

Fishing 🎣 and talkin Hawks! Good times!

It this front office caves and start bringing in the likes of Kat in place of OO, JJ, and Aj.  its a wrap!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll do that right now. I’ll even take AJ>JJ alone because OO vs JJ wouldn’t be fair. OO is the next best and most versatile big in the league. He’s already given Giannis some major issues. Ya I’ll take any bet.

basis of comparison?

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

basis of comparison?

Stats? Win shares? I dunno about the +/- stuff that kinda doesn’t judge a player accurately to me even though it considers metrics it doesn’t factor in chemistry amongst the players on the court at the same time.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I will love you all but I can’t see them draft 2 special players like these and flip them. @Wretch agrees with me and believes there aren’t any prospects out there like OO and AJ. 😶 

Holup Hold GIF - Holup Hold Up - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Stats? Win shares? I dunno about the +/- stuff that kinda doesn’t judge a player accurately to me even though it considers metrics it doesn’t factor in chemistry amongst the players on the court at the same time.

squawk vote. 

#OutsidersWillParticipate

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Seriously.  Two guys who haven't even been starters.  Hawksquawk has overvalued rookie contract players for years.  Those guys look nice, but I'm not convinced either would even be a fringe allstar yet.  

Seriously -- this is between @Spud2nique, representing the outsiders; and @thecampster, representing the insiders. 

You can take a side. But you don't wanna get caught between this noise. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I'm coming up with a formula. One that balances against their 2 different positions. I'm thinking 5 years from now, the bet is one of us has to go 3 months with the other's butt as their avatar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If the Hawks trade away OO and AJ in a package 📦 , Spud as you know him, is gone after 38 years of fandom, that’s right Stu has invited me out to his cabin in the Montanas. 🏔️ Where we will most likely whine about Hawks past mistakes for years to come. @sturt thanks for the invite buddy! 

I’m 83% serious. Unless it’s for Giannis. These kids are gonna be good. 

Don't go to the sunken place @Spud2nique.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Seriously.  Two guys who haven't even been starters.  Hawksquawk has overvalued rookie contract players for years.  Those guys look nice, but I'm not convinced either would even be a fringe allstar yet.  

Well...

Between OO, AJ, and JJ...

You have three players who have strong breakout potential. 

OO is a shot blocker, he has shown to have decent touch on his shots, and he can finish.   His positional defense has gotten better and his motor is good. 

AJ is a very good shooter.  He is patient with the ball and he doesn't fall apart under pressure.  If you erase the two game winners he made this year, he also has shown just Poise on the court.  That's something that you rarely see in young players.   He didn't get enough minutes to prove out that he was a superstar but his poise and his shooting lends to that conclusion very well. 

JJ is an athletic freak with good BBIQ.  He's about 3/5 Josh Smith without the selfishness.  The eye tests suggests that he can do just about everything.  Unlike AJ, he doesn't have that poise and not the same level of Poise that Aj has right now.   He still makes mistakes based on nervous energy.   He has good potential to turn out to be a star. 

OF the three.. My opinion is that AJ has the highest ceiling.   Even though he's slow afoot,  and slow footed, his shooting will set him apart and his size is going to be a problem.  At 19, he's pulling down 9 rebs in a SL game vs Grown men.  I thought he was perfectly fashioned to be SG but his lateral quickness may lead him to Sf. 

OO's issue is size.   Sure he has played well against Giannis but Giannis is a big guy who makes it easy to get into him.   Giannis also has problems with guys like Jimmy Butler and PJ Tucker.  Mainly because a smaller more physical guy bothers Giannis.  He hasn't learned how to Shaq people.   OO has to learn how to defend without fouling.   Sometimes, he commits frustration fouls.   You've seen it.   It's the thing that gives me pause on just handing him the C position.  That and his size.  He has had the chance to learn from a master.   CC is a master.  He's not supersized but he plays supersized C better than most people in the league.   CC has suffered because we wanted him to switch like Bam.   Even though he has an excellent motor, there's only one BAM.   I don't advocate for the switching defense because you give the offense the opportunity to move your best rebounder away from the goal.  And we wonder why we give up so many 2nd chance points.  Go pull out some old tapes.  When we had Deke, we anchored him to the low post and allowed him to patrol.   We can do the same with CC and let everybody else switch. 

AJ's issue is defense and slow footedness.   He can actually fix that with consistent drills. 

JJ's issue is experience (I think).  He also needs to work on his shooting because it's hard to say what his true position should be.  I believe you are what you defend.  He doesn't defend 3s or 4s excellently yet.  But that can change. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So what's the harm in waiting and seeing whether they are?

I really do like AJ, JJ, and OO.  But if they get traded for an allstar I'm not gonna give up on the team.  Trading Nique for Manning I would understand walking away.  AJ and OO aren't even in the top 20 Hawks.  

When Cam got traded I told people there hasn't been a Hawk traded on a rookie contract that went on to a big career.  It's not like we have a history of trading top tier talent before it blossoms.

Just a challenge to the premise of the thread.  These guys are not the guys to ride or die with after 38 years.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well...

Between OO, AJ, and JJ...

You have three players who have strong breakout potential. 

OO is a shot blocker, he has shown to have decent touch on his shots, and he can finish.   His positional defense has gotten better and his motor is good. 

AJ is a very good shooter.  He is patient with the ball and he doesn't fall apart under pressure.  If you erase the two game winners he made this year, he also has shown just Poise on the court.  That's something that you rarely see in young players.   He didn't get enough minutes to prove out that he was a superstar but his poise and his shooting lends to that conclusion very well. 

JJ is an athletic freak with good BBIQ.  He's about 3/5 Josh Smith without the selfishness.  The eye tests suggests that he can do just about everything.  Unlike AJ, he doesn't have that poise and not the same level of Poise that Aj has right now.   He still makes mistakes based on nervous energy.   He has good potential to turn out to be a star. 

OF the three.. My opinion is that AJ has the highest ceiling.   Even though he's slow afoot,  and slow footed, his shooting will set him apart and his size is going to be a problem.  At 19, he's pulling down 9 rebs in a SL game vs Grown men.  I thought he was perfectly fashioned to be SG but his lateral quickness may lead him to Sf. 

OO's issue is size.   Sure he has played well against Giannis but Giannis is a big guy who makes it easy to get into him.   Giannis also has problems with guys like Jimmy Butler and PJ Tucker.  Mainly because a smaller more physical guy bothers Giannis.  He hasn't learned how to Shaq people.   OO has to learn how to defend without fouling.   Sometimes, he commits frustration fouls.   You've seen it.   It's the thing that gives me pause on just handing him the C position.  That and his size.  He has had the chance to learn from a master.   CC is a master.  He's not supersized but he plays supersized C better than most people in the league.   CC has suffered because we wanted him to switch like Bam.   Even though he has an excellent motor, there's only one BAM.   I don't advocate for the switching defense because you give the offense the opportunity to move your best rebounder away from the goal.  And we wonder why we give up so many 2nd chance points.  Go pull out some old tapes.  When we had Deke, we anchored him to the low post and allowed him to patrol.   We can do the same with CC and let everybody else switch. 

AJ's issue is defense and slow footedness.   He can actually fix that with consistent drills. 

JJ's issue is experience (I think).  He also needs to work on his shooting because it's hard to say what his true position should be.  I believe you are what you defend.  He doesn't defend 3s or 4s excellently yet.  But that can change. 

I really go back and forth between AJ and JJ.  JJ could be a point forward Amare Stoudemire.  AJ has that NBA pedigree playing like a vet shooting 40% from three at 19 years old.  AJ is smoother but JJ has the higher ceiling.  Tough to decide between the two, and I would personally defer to Quin to make the choice.   

• Like 1