• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question of the Day 7-10

Diesel

Should Gueye be brought up to the Atlanta Hawks?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

We have been watching the development of our players from SL play. 

Based on SL play, would you bring Gueye up to play on the Atlanta Hawks or would you let him play in College Park where he may get more time on the floor?

I think him being down in College Park would do him some good seeing that he is still pretty raw. That and I believe this coaching staff is more committed to player development in my honest opinion. I would say that same thing about Kobe, but he may have no choice but to be on the main roster as it stands right now. 

• Thanks 1

He goes to CP to continue developing.  Bringing him up now could limit him.

The real question of the day is how's @Sothron and his frail, old man body doing?

That's rich coming from me considering I now have to get up in stages with my rickety old self.  Man, gettin' old is for losers😑

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The real question of the day is how's @Sothron and his frail, old man body doing?

That's rich coming from me considering I now have to get up in stages with my rickety old self.  Man, gettin' old is for losers😑

tinman-oz.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I've been out of town.  What happened?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Based on SL play, would you bring Gueye up to play on the Atlanta Hawks or would you let him play in College Park where he may get more time on the floor?

If he has a consistent rotation spot in the lineup, sure.

If he's gonna be racking up DNPs - SkyHawks.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I didn't realize he was an actual rookie.  For some reason I had thought he was already a 5 year pro.   100% sign him.  He's easily the best looking player on the SL roster and that includes AJ.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, shakes said:

I didn't realize he was an actual rookie.  For some reason I had thought he was already a 5 year pro.   100% sign him.  He's easily the best looking player on the SL roster and that includes AJ.

He has already signed a 4yr deal.

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He had one of his two annual back procedures.

Shhhh, give me some time to mislead macd for a while.... 

48 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I've been out of town.  What happened?

Yeah he decided to take up bullriding as a side hustle.  I mean .. who does that, right?

Anyway, so he got so good at it that the everyday cowboys (or whatever they're called) started getting jealous.  Well ol' @Sothron was set to ride a medium difficulty steer that goes by the name o' Sloppy Jaloppy.  But those pesky cowboys set him up on the big fella, Milkshake.  Why 'Milkshake'?  Well, once that sucker's done with ya, all you're gonna be able to eat is milkshakes.  Well,a couple seconds on Milkshake and soth ended up 6 rows deep in the grandstands.

A lesser man would've been life-flighted outta there but not soth.  He survived, barely.  And when he finally woke up, his first words were .... "did we ... get Towns yet?'

None of us have the guts to tell him no yet.

True story.

👨‍⚕️

• Haha 2

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah he decided to take up bullriding as a side hustle.  I mean .. who does that, right?

Anyway, so he got so good at it that the everyday cowboys (or whatever they're called) started getting jealous.  Well ol' @Sothron was set to ride a medium difficulty steer that goes by the name o' Sloppy Jaloppy.  But those pesky cowboys set him up on the big fella, Milkshake.  Why 'Milkshake'?  Well, once that sucker's done with ya, all you're gonna be able to eat is milkshakes.  Well,a couple seconds on Milkshake and soth ended up 6 rows deep in the grandstands.

A lesser man would've been life-flighted outta there but not soth.  He survived, barely.  And when he finally woke up, his first words were .... "did we ... get Towns yet?'

True story.

👨‍⚕️

tenor.gif?itemid=15240488

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

True story.

👨‍⚕️

So it's true... the Milkshake bring all the boys to the Yard.

• Moderators

My answer of "no" assumes we are holding the roster as is.  In that case, Gueye could potentially get minutes at the 3 and 4 positions but I see us having a lot of players to fill those 96 minutes.

Hunter, Bogi, AJ, JJ, OO, and Bey can all get minutes at those spots and 96 divided by 6 is 16.  Clearly, Bogi and AJ will get time at the 2 (but there are only about 18 minutes available there with DM playing most of the time at SG) and OO will get minutes at center but Hunter and Bey alone will get all their minutes at these spots an they averaged 57 minutes per game by themselves last season.  I also assume JJ will get all his minutes at these spots and play at least 20 mpg which would leave us with 19 minutes to be split between Bogi, AJ, and OO along with any other forwards on the roster.  So I don't see much room for a rookie to get meaningful run.

If I am going to choose to have Gueye learn (at least early this season) by watching from the bench in Atlanta or starting in College Park then I want him playing in CP.  He has only played the game for a few years and needs reps.

Further, I don't believe in summer league as a meaningful basis to make these decisions.  So I would start Gueye in College Park and if he earns playing time with the Atlanta team through his excellent play there I would consider that more meaningful than SL and be open to him (or anyone) earning NBA minutes.  But he is starting the season for me focused on development and that means College Park.  And that isn't a reflection of me not being impressed with him.  To the contrary, he is a high potential player so his development needs to be the priority to start the season if I'm making the call.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

I would let it naturally progress as you should do any developing player. Give him some time in CP and when the space is available for him and his play demands it bring him to the main squad.

• Like 1