• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Georgia vs Georgia Tech, your all time line ups

shakes

• Premium Member

Who wins a battle between the all time teams from Georgia vs Georgia Tech?  Let's see your lineups.   Can be based on how they did in college or the player they became after they left, all up to you.  give me 5 starters and at least 3 bench players, but no more than 5.  And who is your coach?

I'm gonna attempt to do this without looking at the internet.....

Georgia:

Alec Kessler (just don't let him borrow your boat for the day)

Dominique Wilkins

Ant Edwards

KCP

Can't think of anyone else who played there

Coach: No clue

Georgia Tech:

Favors

James Forest (the shot!)

Matt Harpring

Kenny Anderson

Dennis Scott

Bench:  Mark Price, Brian Oliver, that recent white guy who was good, Tom Hammonds

Coach;  Cremmins

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Also not looking up any players

UGA: Jarvis Hayes is the only one i can think of you haven't mentioned. Dang there must be others

Tech has so many:  John Salley, Jarrett Jack, marbury, Chris Bosh

This isn't even a contest really. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, shakes said:

Who wins a battle between the all time teams from Georgia vs Georgia Tech?  Let's see your lineups.   Can be based on how they did in college or the player they became after they left, all up to you.  give me 5 starters and at least 3 bench players, but no more than 5.  And who is your coach?

I'm gonna attempt to do this without looking at the internet.....

Georgia:

Alec Kessler (just don't let him borrow your boat for the day)

Dominique Wilkins

Ant Edwards

KCP

Can't think of anyone else who played there

Coach: No clue

Georgia Tech:

Favors

James Forest (the shot!)

Matt Harpring

Kenny Anderson

Dennis Scott

Bench:  Mark Price, Brian Oliver, that recent white guy who was good, Tom Hammonds

Coach;  Cremmins

As a GT fan, the gap is rather large between the two (not football large but large).

The Barry brothers

Matt Geiger

Iman Shumpert

Anthony Morrow

Jose Alvarado 

Muhammad and Elder

Will Bynum

Travis Best

Jason Collier (RIP)

etc

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

As a GT fan, the gap is rather large between the two (not football large but large).

The Barry brothers

Matt Geiger

Iman Shumpert

Anthony Morrow

Jose Alvarado 

Muhammad and Elder

Will Bynum

Travis Best

etc

Another GT guy, huh?  I guess you can stick around then. 😎. Hoping for good things in the near future for CDS and the jackets. 

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Another GT guy, huh?  I guess you can stick around then. 😎. Hoping for good things in the near future for CDS and the jackets. 

I’m amazed at his speed of roster turnover and relationship-building with higher-level recruits.  A lot of raw talent added 

• Like 2

Missing a couple of guys that at least made it to the league recently(not saying they were all good NBA players lol)

Travis Leslie

Sundiata Gaines

Nic Claxton

Yante Maten

Trey Thompkins

Not saying it would be competitive, just that there are more than 4 dudes lol. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Afro said:

Missing a couple of guys that at least made it to the league recently(not saying they were all good NBA players lol)

Travis Leslie

Sundiata Gaines

Nic Claxton

Yante Maten

Trey Thompkins

Not saying it would be competitive, just that there are more than 4 dudes lol. 

yea Claxton was an obvious one.  I should've had that.

• Premium Member

would Georgia win this matchup if it was a 3v3 competition?

Nique/Ant/KCP

vs

Bosh/Dennis Scott/Kenny Anderson

Or is it Price or Marbury ahead of Anderson?     

Either way, I'm taking Georgia in this one.   Nique and Ant obviously dominate over Bosh and Scott.   KCP can't match the offense of the PG from GTech, but he can D up with the best of them.

• Premium Member

Favors, Forrest, Bosh, 3D, and Maurbury     Bobby Crimmins Coaching      (Price, Anderson, Sally sitting the bench) 

vs. 

Nique, Antman, KCP, Latrell Green, and Jumaine Jones.        Hugh Durham coaching  (Fleming, Kessler, and J Hayes Sitting the bench). 

I got UGA winning.   Too much offense. 

I send my child to Ga Tech though...

We didn't even discuss Mackey, Oliver, and Glover and it's about 3 more GA Tech PGs...

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The names listed thus far are all since 1980.  GT has had a few good ones prior to 1980 such as Roger Kaiser, Rich Yunkus and Sammy Drummer to name a few.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

A few more GT players being left out who made it to the nba - most notably, Thaddeus Young, who has carved out a really nice career for himself. Javaris Crittenton was a big recruit who flamed out in the NBA. We all remember Dion Glover and the Mario West experiment on the Hawks. Josh Okogie has bounced around but he has had his moments.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

A few more GT players being left out who made it to the nba - most notably, Thaddeus Young, who has carved out a really nice career for himself. Javaris Crittenton was a big recruit who flamed out in the NBA. We all remember Dion Glover and the Mario West experiment on the Hawks. Josh Okogie has bounced around but he has had his moments.

Josh Okogie is famous in my house because every time they say his name on TV I sing to my wife in my best Merle Haggard voice, "we don't smoke marijuana with Josh Okogie"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3