• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope the Siakam deal fails to go through.

givemesome1ce1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

assuming there will be fillers that make the finances work, would you move DJ for Lavine? Seems like he's probably the only big name SG that'll truly be available.

I know Lavine isn't super popular around here but i would in a heartbeat.  He's on another level as a scorer. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have prepared myself for the eventual trade of Dre, Bogi, and a first (sak) for Siakam (extend and trade).   It may be that Bogi already knows and Siakam already knows.  I will be watching Body language tonight as the players walk off the court. 

I think somebody believes that Trae, DJ, JJ, Siakam, OO will be a winning faction in the future. 

idk.

If it happens, I need Siakam to play defense better than he did when he had Lowry and Kawhi playing with him. 

AJ better be in Toronto finding his mojo. 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Saw this, still trying to confirm: 

Pascal can be signed to a 4 year $192M extension this season if traded before Dec 30th. After Dec 30th, extension can only e for 2 years $84M.

I don't want either. But I'd take the latter if someone was holding a gun to my face and I had to choose one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

December 30 deadline for Pascal Siakam contract extension?

i_ae_40_00_pascal-siakam.png?w=190

To start with, not in the plan for the moment is an extension for Siakam, who can sign with Toronto for up to four years and $192 million until June 30. There have been framework-type conversations since the early days of the season, per league sources, and each side has eyed Dec. 30 as a potential impetus to reach decision. Given that no agreement has been reached, it seems safe to infer the Raptors’ interests lie in something closer to the three-year extension that they offered at the beginning of the 2022-23 season that Siakam rejected.

^After December 30th, he's only eligible for a 2 year extension.

If an extension isn’t reached, then trading Siakam by Dec. 30 might offer some advantages to the acquiring team because it would have a window before free agency begins on July 1 to reach an agreement on a four-year extension using Siakam’s Bird Rights — he would be considered the team's own free agent, and his deal wouldn’t have fit under the salary cap.

If Siakam isn’t traded or extended by Saturday, the Raptors would still be able to sign him to an extension but wouldn’t be able to trade him until six months past the signing date, which could complicate any plans or opportunities that may emerge around the draft and the opening of free agency next summer.

If they don’t extend Siakam and trade him before the Feb. 9 trade deadline, then the acquiring team would have to assured it could sign Siakam as a free agent before including its best trade assets. No one is going to pay top dollar for a half-season of work from a player who could leave in free agency.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

here we go

GSW for Kuminga/Moody and filler (Wighins is my guess) is my guess. The Canadans going home. First RJ, then Wiggs.

OR 

Kings for Barnes, Huerter plus

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

here we go

GSW for Kuminga/Moody and filler (Wighins is my guess) is my guess. The Canadans going home. First RJ, then Wiggs.

OR 

Kings for Barnes, Huerter plus

What about Houston?

image.png

This breaks down to Thompson and Landale for Siakam. 

Closer to the age of the rest of the Rapts. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

AJ?

I'm think the Hawks summer offer of Hunter, AJ, Mills, draft compensation is still on the table.

Raps keep asking for more...1st Bufkin, now JJ.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm think the Hawks summer offer of Hunter, AJ, Mills, draft compensation is still on the table.

Raps keep asking for more...1st Bufkin, now JJ.

Guy's proving his name isn't Masai Ujiri but Messy Ujiri.

• Like 2

Buying a player for several years service is one thing.  Renting a player for the remainder of the season is another.  The longer this goes on the less days a team gets the use of Siakam.  Flush!

:smug:

• Like 1