• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope the Siakam deal fails to go through.

givemesome1ce1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

This is what he wanted all along lol

However this played out, he should've just said that back in June to f over the raptors and be done with the rumors

I think it has been pretty clear from the leaks from his agents that he has never been willing to commit to resigning with anyone other than the Raptors.  Most players don't want to be seen making a statement like this, though, and that is understandable.

• Like 3

• Moderators

The Raptors can just low ball him forever or let him walk.  Which they probably should.  i know they want to get something for him but i don't see how he wins here.  Unless is only goal is to stay in Toronto and he doesn't care about money.

If i were them i'd trade him for a young player and 1 first and call it a day. 

Go out and get Siakam.  Don't let the chatter sway you.

Because the truth of the matter is that Siakam is kind of killing his free agent value, playing on a Raptor team that is not utilizing all of his talents.  Toronto is purposely giving Scottie Barnes the keys to the car, with Siakam playing a smaller role.

In Atlanta, he'll be playing with a PG that could actually make his free agent stock go up, not down.  Because if it's one thing that Trae Young can do, he can get you PAID.

• Capela
  • Collins
  • Bogi
  • Hunter
  • Huerter
  • Murray

All got paid while playing alongside Trae.

If Siakam wants to test the market . . cool.  Still trade for the dude, see if he fits, then see if whatever offer you throw at him, he'll take.

If people think this is too much, these guys aren't moving the needle here, or are hurt.  So what's the difference?

image.thumb.png.43b5c8a6b02acb218ceca8635c7d3f19.png

Raptors get the shooting that they need.  We get a higher caliber frontcourt player, while also hanging onto Murray.

• Trae
  • Murray
  • JJ
  • Siakam
  • Capela/OO

We replace Bey's corner 3 bricks, with Siakam and JJ, who are both shooting above 40% from the corners.

If it doesn't work, the rebuild happens, and we've cleared a lot of money off the books.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Go out and get Siakam.  Don't let the chatter sway you.

Because the truth of the matter is that Siakam is kind of killing his free agent value, playing on a Raptor team that is not utilizing all of his talents.  Toronto is purposely giving Scottie Barnes the keys to the car, with Siakam playing a smaller role.

In Atlanta, he'll be playing with a PG that could actually make his free agent stock go up, not down.  Because if it's one thing that Trae Young can do, he can get you PAID.

• Capela
  • Collins
  • Bogi
  • Hunter
  • Huerter
  • Murray

All got paid while playing alongside Trae.

If Siakam wants to test the market . . cool.  Still trade for the dude, see if he fits, then see if whatever offer you throw at him, he'll take.

If people think this is too much, these guys aren't moving the needle here, or are hurt.  So what's the difference?

image.thumb.png.43b5c8a6b02acb218ceca8635c7d3f19.png

Raptors get the shooting that they need.  We get a higher caliber frontcourt player, while also hanging onto Murray.

• Trae
  • Murray
  • JJ
  • Siakam
  • Capela/OO

We replace Bey's corner 3 bricks, with Siakam and JJ, who are both shooting above 40% from the corners.

If it doesn't work, the rebuild happens, and we've cleared a lot of money off the books.

I'm all for a Siakam rental but don't see the point if we're giving up Hunter and Bogie. We'd have basically zero backup guards/wings and real sketchy shooting.  We can't win like that. 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm all for a Siakam rental but don't see the point if we're giving up Hunter and Bogie. We'd have basically zero backup guards/wings and real sketchy shooting.  We can't win like that. 

The only way this makes sense if we use the TPE to building the rest of the bench.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We aren't winning now with them anyway, which is the point.

If we don't move Murray, I'd much rather keep him and see what a lineup with better bigs look like.

The Hawks have to see if a higher caliber starting lineup is better for this team balance wise, than trying to keep a bunch of guys on the team whose main value is shooting.

If we keep Bogi and 12, what is the plan for them next season? What are their roles and what do we expect from them?

If no one can legit answer those questions, then I don't see the big deal with moving on from them.

Standing pat should not be the option for this team. Bring in a significant talent, or set yourself up to be flexible and a player 2024 free agency.

• Like 1

Forrest is already getting minutes. So is Garrison Matthews.

Call up Bufkin and give him minutes too. And we still have AJ on the team. See if he can salvage his career as a shooter.

If Quin isn't going to commit to playing bigger lineups, take some of his toys away from him and give him a more significant player to work with.

This guy has been pretty good this season on everything Toronto.  He's live right now.

He believes that the Pascal threat is just that . . . a threat.

He says that the team that trades for Pascal will have MAXIMUM LEVERAGE, because no agent is going to forgo that 5th year and a potential 45 - 60 mill payout.  So Pascal's deall will be a 5 year deal, which only the team that owns his Bird Rights can give him.

That's what I've been saying as well.  If the Hawks trade for Pascal, and they can offer him a 5 year deal, that's going to be Siakam's last big money deal.

And he hates that Siakam is basically holding the franchise hostage with his stance to seek a max deal . . . even though it's really Masa Ujiri's unwillingness to just trade him for "some" value, that is the biggest issue.

So basically, if the Sixers offer Siakam 4 / 190 . . . and the Hawks offer 5 / 250 . . . which deal is Siakam going to take?

Does he leave 60 mill on the table?

And if he flat out wants the Hawks to trade him, but still wants the 5 / 250, that puts the Hawks in a very good situation to flip him for another significant player, or a gigantic TPE.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

3 frp? Lmao

I definitely don't see them trading 3 first rd picks for Siakam + the amount of players it would take to match salaries

Unless the Pacers have some sort of agreement in place to max him out.

3 2nd round picks maybe.

I definitely don't see the Pacers trading him for 3 FP

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I definitely don't see them trading 3 first rd picks for Siakam + the amount of players it would take to match salaries

Unless the Pacers have some sort of agreement in place to max him out.

3 2nd round picks maybe.

I definitely don't see the Pacers trading him for 3 FP

You never know.. Pacers may think this is their window..

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

image.png.a681674efbeaef10a31732fa2941a339.png

Also hearing Buddy Hield going to the Magic, in this hypothetical deal.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Do something Landry!!

Landry fixing to get canned like Schlenk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

You never know.. Pacers may think this is their window..

Landry fixing to get canned like Schlenk

If the Pacers believe that, then I don't blame them.  They're a lot like us in the fact that they live and die by shooting.  Now they've been a great shooting team this season, but in the games they've lost, they could've used a frontcourt scorer to offset some of that bad outside shooting.

It's basically the same issue that we have.  When we don't make shots, and they're not giving Trae foul calls when he goes to the basket, we're in trouble.

• Like 1