• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

4 way deal of the day! HAWKS/PELS/MAVS/RAPS

Spud2nique

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Couple of things or three or four:

Besides the JJ mention 🤓, why would NOP trade their starting C making less to take on another guard/wing in THJr making more. I would think NOP would want Capela.

Dallas is making out like bandits: THJr and Powell for Capela??? That's a gift to Dallas.

Pull Jalen out and make Dallas pay more 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

My first successful 4 way… :er: I’ve ménage’d before.. :huh:

OK THIS SHOULD MAKE EVERYONE (besides @kg01 ) happy. :victory:

@TheNorthCydeRises @Diesel @marco102 @warcore @akay

IMG_9072.jpeg

I would remove Jalen and Siakiam from this and Add KAT who makes more sense to me from a roster construction stand point. He makes OO starting make a lot more sense for us.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I don't like us giving DAL such a good deal. And I'd prefer to keep JJ in any Siakam deal. Siakam is starting to scare me even more from a chemistry standpoint. None of his teammates like him.... what makes people so sure our guys would? JJ is humble and already seems to have a good relationship with Trae. 

We should also be getting at least a first from DAL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Nope, JJ should be off the table for any trade.

Huh? ANY? Please use words correctly watch me prove you wrong..

Bucks call 📞 We Will give Giannis for Capela Hunter, JJ?.. Whatdya say?

Swanlee: Nah we good. JJ is a hall of famer who has already proved it on the court.

Bucks: 🤨 

image.gif.fb30e099ae435e74e1a43183df5ac04b.gif

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Pull Jalen out

Everyone wants JJ pulled out of deals? Did he go on a stretch where he got 27 double doubles in the season and I missed it? 

I could have sworn I watched 81 Hawks games or so..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Spud:  I don't believe you made anyone happy with this proposed trade.  

🥲

I love everyone here, all passionate Hawks fans.  I just wanted to voice my opinion that I personally don’t want to go from JC as my starting PF to Jalen to start the season.

If you lose JC for peanuts, there has to be a plan to bring somebody who has a bigger resume in to play with our lineup. If you don’t, you are sending a bad message to Trae. You trade one of his buddies and a talented player and don’t replace him with an upgrade or at least an equivalent player. I’m pretty sure JC is better than Jalen RIGHT NOW.

Staying patient and believing in the Hawks front office though as always it’s all we can do as diehard fans. 🙏🏿 

Edited by Spud2nique

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Everyone wants JJ pulled out of deals? Did he go on a stretch where he got 27 double doubles in the season and I missed it? 

I think we see pretty much eye to eye on Jalen unless you don't think that he has a really high ceiling.  If he's really not worth that much then why does he need to be in the deal anyway?  

Honestly i want Siakam on a deal where we don't care if he walks after this year.  If we give up JJ in it then i do care.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I think we see pretty much eye to eye on Jalen unless you don't think that he has a really high ceiling.  If he's really not worth that much then why does he need to be in the deal anyway?  

Ya I think so although i don’t like to put a ceiling on players but it’s hard to predict. Again, in spurts he was great and I really love the dude’s commitment they say he always stays in the gym extra to shoot with his brother who plays college ball. I dig that a lot. 

I dunno, I have no proof and don’t want to get against anyone, if he’s included in a deal where he’s a significant piece then it prolly means the GM is as high in him as you guys. 

He’s exciting, athletic and a good kid. I hope he’s a star ⭐️ and I’m completely wrong. I see a rotational player off the bench but I haven’t seen him in a few month. Maybe he’s ready to take on that larger role with productivity on the floor and leadership off it.

I’d want nothing more. 

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST JJ. Just wanna make that clear. 

50 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:mellow: Bandwagon. Look, the dude you following right now was a Sexton fan. #outsidersbrawl :boxing:

I follow nobody. I simply see that JJ gives us a lot of different stuff on the court and he's locked in for 2 more years on a value contract. 

And you can check the receipts. I was talking JJ up well before anyone else. I started hyping him weeks into the season once we finally got to see him on an NBA court. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

He's to young with way to much potential to trade now. Maybe after a few more years if he does not pan out. He could be a star or could flop but we should keep him to find out.

He will be the poster boy for the new front offices mantra of young player development.

• Like 1

Siakam does not fit!  And, I sincerely believe he's not worth the asking price.  Add to this the fact that he does not want to come here.  No deal is my vote on this.  The players we have now are good.  Quit selling them short.  I'm a homer.  I'll admit it.  I believe in our players.  I believe in all our draft picks.  I want to see what we really have when Quin Snyder and his entirely new assistant coaches run them out on the floor.   

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m pretty sure JC is better than Jalen RIGHT NOW

JC played way more minutes so he has better counting stats, but Jalen had good impact in the small time he had on the court, and if you compare him and JC per 100 possessions or per 36, Jalen is scoring as much/a little more on slightly worse efficiency but is way better on the playmaking end.

Jalen also clears in BPM and VORP

Jalen being a guy that can make good secondary plays off of Trae is gonna show up way more in Snyders system than JC's efficient post game is gonna help IMO.

I bet you we're happy we didn't trade Jalen away based on his on-court production by December, dude is poised to break out and is gonna eat playing under Snyder and next to Trae.😈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2