• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

He's not exactly broke but still it's crazy that they can go through that kind of money.  It's a lot.  Crazy they don't have managers to keep this from happening. 

Nobody ever teaches them how to manage their money and how not to live the lifestyle of a billionaire.   If they have 2 divorces.. They are back to square 1. 

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How'd I miss this?

Without looking I’m going to guess that the game with only 10 rebounds was also the game he had the best shooting %.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

He's had a good stretch.  Hope it's a return to form.  So, to recap, Trae has elevated.  Clint has elevated.  Who's next?  It may be the key to our season. 

Don't forget Bogi and Dre...

When we get everybody back healthy...   We're coming roaring back.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

I did not remember that Blair Rasmussan was at the top of our payroll for a couple years.  Probably because he didn't play.  Not sure how he made more than Smitty, Mookie, etc.

We are both from alternate realities... This never happened on the timeline we are from 😅

I was trying to figure out who the hell it was.  I'm sitting here like... There is absolutely no way that I can't identify a Hawks player, let alone someone who is supposedly our highest played player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting Zion Contract update:

According to the contract, which was reviewed by The Athletic, the final three years of the deal are no longer guaranteed after Williamson was able to only play in 29 games last season. By missing more than 22 games last season, Williamson triggered a clause that turned the salary he is owed for the 2025-26, 2026-27 and 2027-28 seasons from guaranteed to non-guaranteed.

That means the Pelicans have the contractual power to waive Williamson after the 2024-25 season with no financial ramifications — though rival team executives believe that would only happen in extreme circumstances. And if Williamson misses significant time this season, it could cut into his guaranteed salary for 2024-25.

Four executives from other NBA teams, who spoke on condition of anonymity so they could discuss Williamson’s arrangement, said it was unlikely that the Pelicans would waive him unless the situation grew significantly worse. The contract terms give the team flexibility and a safety net, however, and could make it easier to trade Williamson because potential partners would have escape hatches that could lower the risk of adding his salary to their ledger.

Source: Mike Vorkunov @ The Athletic

That is very interesting.  Absolutely makes him MUCH more attractive as a trade target.  No way they cut him.  Somebody will want him with that safety net.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Every time this thread has activity I rush in here hoping to hear JJ is cleared for next game— @JayBirdHawk im counting on you to find that tweet before tomorrow!

Ask and you shall receive

Screenshot_20231221_202602_Samsung Internet.jpg

Spoiler

......@JeffS17 made me do it  :spank:

Real tweet:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1