• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

TAMPERING BY THE ROCKETS???

😄

Almost a year ago, it was reported that James Harden was considering a return to the Houston Rockets in 2023 free agency. At the time, all parties involved denied the reports.

Now, Harden is saying that not only was returning to Houston a consideration, but that there was a meeting with the Rockets. Harden was under contract to the Philadelphia 76ers during this time.

Harden said that his representation met with Rockets coach Ime Udoka. This meeting would have had to have taken place sometime on or after April 25, as that's when Udoka was hired by Houston.

"Representation, (Rockets) head coach (Ime Udoka)," Harden told Sam Amick of The Athletic. "That was it."

Harden picked up his player option to extend his contract with the Sixers on June 29. Harden then requested a trade. He was ultimately dealt to the Los Angeles Clippers on November 1.

It was not clarified when Harden's reps met with Udoka, or if it was with permission from Philadelphia to do so. It was also not clear if Harden was a part of the meeting, or if it was only his representation meeting with Udoka.

"It was about trying to get to a situation where I could get paid and obviously have a chance to win at the highest level," said Harden. "These last few years, I sacrificed so much — whether it’s role, whether it’s financial — that, at this point, it’s over with. I just want to be able to move forward and still have the opportunity to make some money and obviously win at the highest level."

Amick asked Harden if he was told by the Sixers that a contract was coming.

"A max?" replied Harden.

Harden then said "Yes" and confirmed that it was said by Daryl Morey.

But Morey stopped communicating with Harden following their exit from the playoffs.

Dude....stop talking.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

TAMPERING BY THE ROCKETS???

😄

Dude....stop talking.

Yes, please stop talking ... long enough for me to get anotha bag-a popcorn!

Dude tryna get the Rockets jammed up and, since that's not my team, I'm all here for it!  Get em, Lames!

And I'm not gonna say nothin' but this lends even greater credence to the outsiders' origin story.

What?  I said I wasn't gonna say nothin'.. 😎

Double-negatives for the win, baybeeee!!!! 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

So funny that Harden twice says:  'i just wanted to be in a situation where i make some money.......oh and win at the highest level'

He has ended up being such a disappointment.  Not that I was ever rooted for him as a fan but he showed exceptional promise as he blossomed.  Clearly hasn't had it right between the ears for a little while.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The Athletic Latest NBA Tiered Power Rankings:

Tier 1 “Contenders” - Wolves, Celtics, Nuggets and Bucks

Tier 2 “Brink of Contention” - Suns and OKC

Tier 3 “Playoff Teams” - Magic, Knicks, 76ers, Pelicans, Kings and Mavs

Tier 4 “Play-In or Better” - Pacers, Heat, Lakers, Cavs and Hawks

HAWKS:

1st Q: -6.9 net rating | Ranked 22nd

2nd Q: +3.8 net rating | Ranked 10th

3rd Q: +0.9 net rating | Ranked 15th (tied)

4th Q: +2.6 net rating | Ranked 11th

Clutch: -16.0 net rating | Ranked 22nd (tied) | 10 games (4-6)

Takeaway: Nobody’s defense is worse to start a game than the Hawks’. Their first-quarter defensive rating makes the Pacers look like the 2005 Pistons — well, maybe just like a solid defensive team from this era. The rest of the game is good for the Hawks, though, until they get to the clutch. We know how deadly Trae Young can be. Dejounte Murray is pretty good too. So, the fourth quarter is a massive potential problem for opponents, but it hasn’t translated to clutch time yet.

Key Stats
Record
9-10
Offensive Rating
118.6 (3rd)
Defensive Rating
118.4 (26th)
Net Rating

Tier 5 “Looking to make Play-In” - Clippers, Nets, Raptors, Warriors and Rockets

Tier 6 “Not tanking yet but maybe someday” - Bulls, Grizzlies, Blazers, Hornets and Jazz

Tier 7 “Incomprehensibly bad” - Wizards, Spurs and Detroit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

De'Aaron Fox turns down max contract extension offer from Kings

Haynes reported on Monday’s TNT broadcast of New Orleans’ IST quarterfinal victory in Sacramento that the Kings have extended the maximum allowable extension offer to De’Aaron Fox, which is a two-year deal in the $100 million range. The Kings, mind you, did so knowing that Fox would turn the offer down in hopes of becoming supermax eligible this summer.

• Premium Member

The New York Knicks and Immanuel Quickley did not reach an agreement on an extension last offseason. In part, that's because the Knicks offer to Quickley wasn't fully guaranteed.

Reports were that Quickley sought a deal worth $25 million per season. According to Ian Begley of SportsNet New York, there wasn't a specific dollar amount targeted. Things never got that far, because the Knicks offer included a team option on the final season in an extension for the Kentucky product. That's not something Quickley was apparently interested in.

• Premium Member

Zach LaVine 'well aware' Bulls tried to trade him, has grown tired of team questioning if he can lead them to title

The first sentence of the above quote is the most important. That LaVine raised that the off-the-court speculation “is on both (sides)” hammers home the root of LaVine’s frustration. He’s well aware that the Bulls tried to trade him last summer, and he’s also grown tired of the internal debate within the organization that he can be a lead player on a championship-contending team. But LaVine’s commitment to his teammates? And his genuine appreciation that the Bulls signed him to a maximum contract even as the internal debate about his on-court decision-making and winning pedigree played out? Those are both as genuine as the diamond earrings that flashed in Zach LaVine’s earlobes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Pistons have no immediate plans to trade Bojan Bogdanovic

What about Detroit and Bojan Bogdanovic? The Knicks were among the teams who talked to Detroit about potential Bogdanovic trades in the past, but I don’t think anything is imminent there. Detroit has no immediate plans to trade Bogdanovic, according to people familiar with the organization’s thinking. The hope is that a healthy Bogdanovic can help Detroit win some games, according to those people. Detroit is 2-18 and has lost 17 straight games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

Griffin entered the locker room and began harping on the importance of winning the rebounding battle, sources say.

The Pacers outrebounded the Bucks 51-46.

Portis, who scored four points on just five shots against Indiana in a near-season-low 18 minutes, quickly interjected and stressed how essential it is for Griffin to structure the offense down the stretch of games, sources said.

As one of the leaders of the team, Portis continued on voicing his concerns. Griffin welcomed the criticism and acknowledged he could do a better job being more aggressive with his play-calling, sources say. The nine-year veteran explained that it's a two-way street: direction is needed and then it's up to the players to execute, sources say.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10100304-sources-bucks-veteran-challanges-head-coach-after-in-season-tournament-elimination

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Seeing Rumors that Indy is going to get a 2 way wing to play beside Haliburton. 

@Spud2nique is about to be mad because the major talks center around O.G....   The Pacers are giving up picks for the trade... something that Masai may like. 

Wonder what they'd give for Hunter?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Ayo @Spud2nique, check in after you see what Draymond just did to Nurktc's face.....

League gotta legislate that clown outta the game. 

Here. Saw it, that’s gotta be 10 games. What’s wrong with that dude? The could really hurt someone, modern day Kermit Washington and Rudy T. 🤦‍♀️ 

Horrible. Got a few screenshots as close to the contact as possible. Super dangerous.

IMG_1865.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg

IMG_1863.jpeg

• Like 2