• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Life came at Bones Hyland fast.  Remember he was gettin all that love as a nugget.  Dude outta the rotation for LAC.  Might need to learn Mandarin. 

He had a good thing going in Denver and balked at his role..similar to one Reddish, Cam.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

1 Problem Each NBA Team Didn't See Coming

As many expected, head coach Quin Snyder's imprint is all over the Atlanta Hawks' offense following a full offseason to implement his principles.

Atlanta is throwing 25 more passes per game, and its scoring efficiency on cuts (off-ball movement is a Snyder staple) is also up significantly.

That extra body and ball movement is helping democratize the team's attack while also, theoretically, generating cleaner looks for everyone on the roster.

Trae Young has yet to benefit.

Though the Hawks star guard has been productive in the early going, and though his increased movement away from the ball bodes well for his team's success in the long run, he just isn't hitting shots.

On pace to post the lowest field-goal and three-point percentages of his career, the 25-year-old simply hasn't found his stroke yet—and that's despite getting more wide-open three-point attempts per game than last year.

Young is bound to start hitting his shots, and it helps that many of Atlanta's supporting pieces—Dejounte Murray and Jalen Johnson, for example—are putting up career-best numbers. But it remains a surprise that the Hawks' best offensive player is struggling to heat up in better scoring conditions than he's ever had.

• Like 1

@Sothron

I’m playing 2K as the Spurs and up at halftime and Allie Laforce interviews Pop and says..

”You have a huge lead and you’re getting your team to play really hard how do you do that?”

Pop: A lotta begging … I have to beg a lot, it’s embarrassing..{2K style storms off to the locker room}

🤣 🤣 🤣 I’m still bustin bro 🤣 classic Pop by 2K 👏 🤣 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

@Sothron

I’m playing 2K as the Spurs and up at halftime and Allie Laforce interviews Pop and says..

”You have a huge lead and you’re getting your team to play really hard how do you do that?”

Pop: A lotta begging … I have to beg a lot, it’s embarrassing..{2K style storms off to the locker room}

🤣 🤣 🤣 I’m still bustin bro 🤣 classic Pop by 2K 👏 🤣 

that's awesome! I'm glad you are hitting shots too now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

that's awesome! I'm glad you are hitting shots too now. 

Ya you were right all star ⭐️ level doesn’t even let you compete towards the end even if your team is far superior to the computer and have a big lead, they will have a Mark Williams knock down like 3 fadeaway 3’s to get even in like a minute. 😐. No offense to Gramps boy but he can’t shoot fadeaway threes as good as he’s becoming in the league. 😂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

7 freethrow attemps??????

Dude looked Javale McGee type lost like “seriously guys where’s the ball” then Taurean breaks for a dunk 😂 wow.. and some people wanted that here. 

As great a distributor Trae is, and he’s the best, I’m not sure he could have worked well with Ayton, this guy is lacking a lot of BBIQ.. overall awareness.. disappointed for sure. Honestly, I thought he was more of a real deal at pick 1.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

I love the improvements in quality of shots we are taking.  That should pay off regardless of who is hot or cold at any point in the season.

Though the focus is on Trae's overall efficiency, Bogi is also shooting below his norm from 3.

• Sad 1