• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Here it is.. out of nowhere.

Spurs are going to have to make some trades...

I caught the end of the Toronto San Antonio game.   Wimby is dominant.  He actually knows what he's doing.   Down the stretch, Wimby scores a good bucket on Siakam.   It's overtime with about 330 to go.  Wimby did not touch the ball again.   They didn't even look his way.  Selfishness showed up and said... Hey.. Hi you doing...   Wimby won't be what he can be if he keeps playing with Guys who got to get theirs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Here it is.. out of nowhere.

Spurs are going to have to make some trades...

I caught the end of the Toronto San Antonio game.   Wimby is dominant.  He actually knows what he's doing.   Down the stretch, Wimby scores a good bucket on Siakam.   It's overtime with about 330 to go.  Wimby did not touch the ball again.   They didn't even look his way.  Selfishness showed up and said... Hey.. Hi you doing...   Wimby won't be what he can be if he keeps playing with Guys who got to get theirs. 

Name names, sun.  You talkin bout the Olympian Popo took on the national team over Trae? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

on a scale of oh everyone look at me to really really stupid,  how moronic/grandstanding is it that the NBA doesn't schedule any games today?

oooooohhh we're sooooooooooo progressive we can't even have games today cause like everyone knows it takes hours upon hours to vote.  But hey, look how progressive we are!!!!      Go eat a bag of ***** NBA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shakes said:

on a scale of oh everyone look at me to really really stupid,  how moronic/grandstanding is it that the NBA doesn't schedule any games today?

oooooohhh we're sooooooooooo progressive we can't even have games today cause like everyone knows it takes hours upon hours to vote.  But hey, look how progressive we are!!!!      Go eat a bag of dicks NBA.

Is it that they are progressive or they've noticed their ratings dip on voting days and just do it for PR purposes? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, shakes said:

oooooohhh we're sooooooooooo progressive we can't even have games today cause like everyone knows it takes hours upon hours to vote.  But hey, look how progressive we are!!!!      Go eat a bag of dicks NBA.

How dare you, sir?

I dont know how you Chicagoans do it but I'll have you know it took me a whole 17 minutes to early vote last week, sir.  17!

So yooooouuu EABOD, sir!

Now, good day to you.  I said good day!

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is it that they are progressive or they've noticed their ratings dip on voting days and just do it for PR purposes? 

I bet on money over principles with NBA owners for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I know in 2020 State Farm Arena was a polling station, not sure if this is the case for this election cycle.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

9. Atlanta Hawks
2023-24 record: 4-3

• Previous ranking: 15gn-arrow.png

• Next games: vs. ORL (Nov. 9), vs. MIA (Nov. 11), @ DET (Nov. 14)

The Hawks are third in the NBA in scoring at 122.0 points per game and have done so with a balanced effort throughout their roster. As a result, Atlanta sports the league's No. 5-ranked offense behind eight players averaging double figures. But it will be tested in the next week, with the Hawks battling the Magic's No. 3-ranked defense and the Knicks' second-ranked unit. -- Andrew Lopez

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38833948/2023-24-nba-power-rankings-james-harden-entered-chat-wolves-make-big-leap

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The number that pops out the most to me here as a huge change from last season is the transition frequency and efficiency. Nate's offense dictated that we walk the ball up and use our guards to try and break down a set defense. 

Is this drastic increase in transition opportunities sustainable? Will it translate to playoff success where the pace grinds down?