Jump to content

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.


JayBirdHawk

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators

To me it's a shame he's kind of ruined his legacy.  Truth is he was the best offensive player in the game and Rockets were winning because of it.  Maybe it was fool's gold or bad luck or whatever that they didn't do better in the playoffs but the dude could flat out ball.  

Of course i'll never get over that Rockets Hawks game a few years ago where he and Trae both went for 40+ i think.  I was at the game and Harden got his 10th rebound picking the ball up off the floor after his teammates refused to touch it.  lame. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

stats yes, +/-     = -16.

 

JC 2023-24  15.0/9.3/1.3/.7/.3

JJ 2023-24    13.8/7.8/2/1.2/.8

 

JJ a +50.  lower pp/rpg but better apg/spg/bpg.  Doing the things that cause winning, including closing out, ball chasing, deflections. All things JC could not/did not do.

How many mpg for each? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member

Harden and Trae are similar players in the fact that they have been offensive juggernauts in heliocentric systems throughout their careers. I'm very happy and excited to see Trae embrace Quin's system and develop his game for winning as a team rather than personal stats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Harden and Trae are similar players in the fact that they have been offensive juggernauts in heliocentric systems throughout their careers. I'm very happy and excited to see Trae embrace Quin's system and develop his game for winning as a team rather than personal stats.

Difference to me is Trae is a true floor general, and can function at a high impact level without needing to score.  Harden creates looks for others mostly by being a scoring threat.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Difference to me is Trae is a true floor general, and can function at a high impact level without needing to score.  Harden creates looks for others mostly by being a scoring threat.  

Harden is a floor general but he perferd to be a dominant scorer. Thats what he enjoys most. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

stats yes, +/-     = -16.

 

JC 2023-24  15.0/9.3/1.3/.7/.3

JJ 2023-24    13.8/7.8/2/1.2/.8

 

JJ a +50.  lower pp/rpg but better apg/spg/bpg.  Doing the things that cause winning, including closing out, ball chasing, deflections. All things JC could not/did not do.

Yal know we can all be happy for JC without it implying any kind of regret on our end or shade towards his replacement, right?

I think we all long accepted the writing on the wall with JC, and even his biggest supporters aren’t sitting here today banging on the table for justice.

The trade sucked because of the return we got, but not because we are upset about losing him or have an agenda against JJ, imo.

I hope he does really well in Utah, it won’t affect me at all if he balls out. JJ’s performance is completely independent of my attitude toward JC.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Who gets 5 wins first, Mempis or Liami?

Spoiler alert, the answer is Dillon Brooks!   Ohhhhhhhh ...... 

No hillbillies were harmed in the making of this post.  Don't @ me @benhillboy... 

😆 Get you licks in.  Them boys look like ass no question.  Gabe Vincent was infinitely more important to them than any other team he could go to.  Kyle Lowry is stuck to the skillet he’s so well done and thinking they could get something outta Thomas Bryant and Josh Richardson was quite ridiculous.  You know how I feel about The Unnecessary Herro.  Still got faith in Jimmy, Bam, and Spo to right the ship but them muthaf&@kas best get to paddling.

Bucks got the worst rated defense in the league so I’m taking solace in that.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I loved James Harden in OKC.  Probably the most well-rounded Sixth Man I’d seen.  Soon as he stepped foot in Houston with that ridiculous usage, grotesque foul baiting, and nonexistent leadership skills he’s been a total non-factor to me as evidenced in his never having a single memorable playoff moment since.  Not even to mention the attention he craves from dressing like a queer cyborg or wasting piles of money club-hopping.

Edited by benhillboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting ahead of myself but I’m gonna need the Hawks to really take it to the Magic next Thursday to assert early dominance in the division, especially if they split their next two games or better versus the Lakers and Mavs.  Cole Anthony’s .200 WS/48 gotta do a free fall soon.  I used to hate dude but he’s made some serious strides going back to last season, pouring in 16/5/3/1 off the bench now on .536 eFG and only one turn.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who were the Chet Holmgren supporters here coming out of Gonzaga?  I figured he’d be nice just based off his scouting report.  This kid is cold af, metrics on swole. I really hope he can add proper mass and stay healthy.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

😆 Get you licks in.  Them boys look like ass no question.  Gabe Vincent was infinitely more important to them than any other team he could go to.  Kyle Lowry is stuck to the skillet he’s so well done and thinking they could get something outta Thomas Bryant and Josh Richardson was quite ridiculous.  You know how I feel about The Unnecessary Herro.  Still got faith in Jimmy, Bam, and Spo to right the ship but them muthaf&@kas best get to paddling.

Bucks got the worst rated defense in the league so I’m taking solace in that.

Yea and the celtics got even better, Ill call that a net negative, they are stacked af

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

😆 Get you licks in.  Them boys look like ass no question.  Gabe Vincent was infinitely more important to them than any other team he could go to.  Kyle Lowry is stuck to the skillet he’s so well done and thinking they could get something outta Thomas Bryant and Josh Richardson was quite ridiculous.  You know how I feel about The Unnecessary Herro.  Still got faith in Jimmy, Bam, and Spo to right the ship but them muthaf&@kas best get to paddling.

Bucks got the worst rated defense in the league so I’m taking solace in that.

Hang in there, hillbilly.  It's all downhill from here .... 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...