• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No extension for Saddiq Bey

NBASupes

20 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Come on man, this is why people give you grief. This is so unnecessary. Even if you fully believe this, it’s not something that needs to be said out loud. 
If we’re “near the bottom” I’d like to see what message board of social media groups are at the top. RealGM? TwiXXer? Marietta NextDoor?

I really just don't like some of the posters here in how [INSULT DELETED] they read NBA.com advanced stats section and got the nerves to challenge me on opinions [INSULT DELETED] they got the same 3-4 posters who dap them on every garbage post. So it's not really a shot at all posters here, just the ones who post a lot and have them a little dap fishing crew. 

They are the targets of my raft. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ruin Bogi who's an asset, expose OO who still hasn't figured out Quin's scheme on both ends or sacrifice the expiring contract who is in his contract year. This is a business decision. It was one when he put Wes Matthews in, business decision. This is a marathon, not a sprint. 

The business is we need to see where OO fits in the bigger picture going forward.  He's barely playing 25 minutes per game. We are past the halfway point of the season.

If you're telling me he shouldn't play Bogi to end games particularly when Bey is struggling......what exactly are we trying to do?

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Aahhh...this again. 

Crying when people disagree with you. Grow up man.

I get his frustration Jaybird.  Is it a harsh criticism? probably.  But when you try to sort through some of the narratives here like Young is this amazing superstar who is beyond criticism and Hunter is this worthless burden holding him back to a deft line up including Bey.  At some point you have to wonder about these delusions and what's behind them.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I get his frustration Jaybird.

I don't. State your position and move on to the next thing instead of belittling posters and worrying about who 'daps' up who.

If someones take ends up being wrong - post the receipts and move on to the next thing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't. State your position and move on to the next thing instead of belittling posters and worrying about who 'daps' up who.

If someones take ends up being wrong - post the receipts and move on to the next thing.

I've been in his shoes and when I started presenting receipts, the moderators would step in and warn me

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I get his frustration Jaybird.  Is it a harsh criticism? probably.  But when you try to sort through some of the narratives here like Young is this amazing superstar who is beyond criticism and Hunter is this worthless burden holding him back to a deft line up including Bey.  At some point you have to wonder about these delusions and what's behind them.

Preach! It's the narrative. If these people stood on business, I wouldn't have issue but they play favorites and don't even understand the game well enough to be truthful 

33 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I've been in his shoes and when I started presenting receipts, the moderators would step in and warn me

They never warn the Traedors because they have the popular descent of this forum. He's our franchise player. You know how many times I've been asked to go be a fan of another team for Trae comments but they will take offense if you tell them to do that for hating on Dre or anyone else. The group think on this site is disgusting 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I really just don't like some of the posters here in how [INSULT DELETED] they read NBA.com advanced stats section and got the nerves to challenge me on opinions [INSULT DELETED] and they got the same 3-4 posters who dap them on every garbage post. So it's not really a shot at all posters here, just the ones who post a lot and have them a little dap fishing crew. 

They are the targets of my raft. 

These comments are going to get you suspended.  Can’t be clearer than I’ve been.  No one on this site needs the “nerve” to disagree with you.  Everyone is welcome to share their views.  No one is allowed to take personal shots.  Eviscerate their argument but you must stop taking shots at people you don’t like.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

These comments are going to get you suspended.  Can’t be clearer than I’ve been.  No one on this site needs the “nerve” to disagree with you.  Everyone is welcome to share their views.  No one is allowed to take personal shots.  Eviscerate their argument but you must stop taking shots at people you don’t like.

I thought you wanted me to stop personally attacking. I didn't say no names. I didn't know I couldn't generalize either. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I thought you wanted me to stop personally attacking. I didn't say no names. I didn't know I couldn't generalize either. 

Don’t insult people on this site.  Those are still personal attacks.  Don’t insult people’s intelligence.  Don’t call them ignorant.  Doesn’t matter if you @ them or say you are talking about the critics of a particular player.  

Engage them on the substance or merits of their ideas.  Don’t hold back if they are wrong.  But that doesn’t excuse ad hominem attacks on anyone whether mentioned by name or not.  Just stick to basketball and you are good.  Go into this name calling and it is a problem regardless of who is making the argument.  Posters that do it repeatedly will find the response escalating.  This is why I’m opening discussing this now because I want everyone’s attention on the personal shots.  

This team seems to be heading to a dark place and if that happens people will be frustrated.  Everyone can share their own take on that or good news if we get it.  No one gets to insult them for sharing their post.  If you disagree with their post insulting them is a lazy way of avoiding responding on the merits or it is a release for frustration or both.  Nobody gets to vent their frustration on their fellow posters like that.  

Engage on ideas. Is there anything that is unclear here for anyone?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

For clarity, you posted a half dozen times in multiple threads in a short window demanding someone admit they were wrong without posting their prior words.  I left the posts you wrote up on the board and told you to lay off to give the person a chance to respond or not respond because you were crossing into harassing the other poster and to get back to talking basketball in the meantime.  This was not a situation where I stopped you from or even asked you to avoid engaging in a basketball discussion.  This was moving into harassing territory of the other poster as you offered no content in these posts other than a repeated demand that they admit they were wrong - which we all know posters sometimes didn’t want to do at least right away.  As it worked out, the posts you had already made proved enough to get his attention as I predicted and he responded to your posts and you guys were able to talk basketball. 

Talking basketball is the end goal not talking about other posters.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Talking basketball is the end goal not talking about other posters.

The point @NBASupes and I are making is that sometimes it isn't about basketball.  If it were about basketball then some of the claims would stop after the evidence was irrefutable but it doesn't as evidence by the lack of acknowledgement that Hunter is a better starter for this team vs Bey and another post entitled DeAndre Hunter was the franchise's worse mistake. But you will only see it as nuances or healthy debate.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The point @NBASupes and I are making is that sometimes it isn't about basketball.  If it were about basketball then some of the claims would stop after the evidence was irrefutable but it doesn't as evidence by the lack of acknowledgement that Hunter is a better starter for this team vs Bey and another post entitled DeAndre Hunter was the franchise's worse mistake. But you will only see it as nuances or healthy debate.

There isn't irrefutable evidence on this issue.  There is conflicting evidence that is used by different people to make different points.  There is ample evidence for criticism of Hunter just as there is evidence for supporting Hunter.  How you weigh the evidence and evaluate players is a basketball discussion.

If posters start calling you names because you support Hunter then it becomes a moderation issue.  If they just agree or disagree with you that is what the site is all about.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

There isn't irrefutable evidence on this issue.  There is conflicting evidence that is used by different people to make different points.  There is ample evidence for criticism of Hunter just as there is evidence for supporting Hunter.  How you weigh the evidence and evaluate players is a basketball discussion.

If posters start calling you names because you support Hunter then it becomes a moderation issue.  If they just agree or disagree with you that is what the site is all about.

So it isn't irrefutable that resigning Hunter was the worst decision in franchise history?  Someone has been drinking heavily today

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So it isn't irrefutable that resigning Hunter was the worst decision in franchise history?  Someone has been drinking heavily today

If you don't bother reading my posts I can't help you.  I said that position is indefensible but also that it is so ridiculous that I believe it to be hyperbole.  

None of the prior discussion around Hunter  has been on that topic.  It has all been about how good he is, why some of his numbers are so underwhelming, whether the numbers accurately reflect his contributions, how impactful he is, how much he is worth, whether he is the best alternative as our top wing defender, etc.  That is all discussion on which people can have different views.

Frankly, this goes for all our players.  People have different views on Trae's value, on CC's value, on AJ's value, on Kobe's value, on Dejounte's value, etc.  The only player for whom there is anything resembling a consensus at the moment is JJ.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

There isn't irrefutable evidence on this issue.  There is conflicting evidence that is used by different people to make different points. 

Yeah I did read your post

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah I did read your post

There is literally nothing on this thread about whether Hunter is the biggest mistake in team history.  On the thread where that appears, I made it clear that I thought that position was indefensible and didn't take it as a serious claim but instead as hyperbole.  So you either didn't read my posts or you ignored them. 

We've had a robust debate over Hunter for years.   The topic of him being the biggest mistake in team history has never come up before today.  The insults and personal attacks made on posters on this site have never been motivated by or connected to the claim that Hunter is the biggest mistake in franchise history. 

This is a red herring on the topic of whether personal attacks are justified.  But the good news is we aren't going to debate that.

@lethalweapon3 and @macdaddy and I are united on that front as a matter of moderation.  Personal attacks aren't going to fly so if discussion on Hunter or any other topic is frustrating then you are free to rebut the claims made by others, to ignore those posters, or to do any other number of things but insulting their intelligence is not one of them.

• Thanks 1