• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No extension for Saddiq Bey

NBASupes

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This part

First, you will note that I did what I said people should do and rebutted that post on the merits.  It isn't hard when presented with an argument that is irrefutably bad.

Second, I already told you on that specific that as I read it the point was not intended to be taken literally.  We'll let the OP weigh in.  If wrong, then I will certainly own up to having misread it and renew my objections on the merits.

Third, engaging with that post requires no insults and does not justify making personal attacks on the poster.  You can take it down purely by talking basketball which is the whole point.

The Hawks now has the highest offensive rating when Bey is on the floor (120.7) and the largest drop off when he’s off (-8.7).   He’s second in minutes played.  

His ideal role would be fighting for rotation minutes with a Pacers-level team but he’s done quite an admirable job with the cards he’s been dealt here.

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The Hawks now has the highest offensive rating when Bey is on the floor (120.7) and the largest drop off when he’s off (-8.7).   He’s second in minutes played.  

His ideal role would be fighting for rotation minutes with a Pacers-level team but he’s done quite an admirable job with the cards he’s been dealt here.

kg thought bubble alert ....

Man ... why's hillbilly spending so much time on his 3rd .. nah, 4th favorite team lately?

(checks MIA in the standings)

Daaang, lost 6IAR?  Who they playing toni... daaang, gettin' molly-whopped (hawks-style) by the Suns rn?  Oof, that explains it...

*sniff* *sniiifff*

Smells like a 'back 2 liife, baa-aack to reality' alert in souf Florida?

🙂

Seriously though, I figured Rozier would be good there.  Guess he can't make up for Jimi having taken several steps back.  Quick, somebody dig back up Has(been)lam! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Saddiq has seemed to have turned a corner regarding his 3pt shooting, still early, but I like it. 

What I loved even more was that he kept working and playing hard...driving the ball and getting to the line and rebounding.

• Like 1

Bey is becoming one of the better Hawk players with his inside play.  His 3's are beginning to fall.  He's playing his way right off the Hawks roster because he's becoming too expensive for Atlanta to pay!  Gee whiz!

:ahf:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Bey is becoming one of the better Hawk players with his inside play.  His 3's are beginning to fall.  He's playing his way right off the Hawks roster because he's becoming too expensive for Atlanta to pay!  Gee whiz!

:ahf:

He was our best player last night.  And even when he isn't scoring well, he still impacts the game -- I hope we retain him.  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

He was our best player last night.  And even when he isn't scoring well, he still impacts the game -- I hope we retain him.  

I hope we can retain him on a good contract.  Not a deal that sets him up to be dumped as a salary cut in the future.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I hope we can retain him on a good contract.  Not a deal that sets him up to be dumped as a salary cut in the future.

I have faith as our post-Schlenk extensions have been good (OO and Murray).

• Like 2

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I agree this is something Fields has done well.

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

OO's deal i think is a great one.   To me the jury is out on Murray's.   Seemed great at the time but we couldn't find a deal with 2 firsts for a guy we thought was worth $30m a few months ago. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

OO's deal i think is a great one.   To me the jury is out on Murray's.   Seemed great at the time but we couldn't find a deal with 2 firsts for a guy we thought was worth $30m a few months ago. 

I'm still very on board with it when I compare it to guys like FVV who are making $10M more a year.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Bey has picked it up, but seems like he is a pretty streaky guy. He was playing like garbage  before the trade to Atlanta last year and then had a great run to end the season with us before being pretty bad for a large stretch this year and now looking good again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Bey has picked it up, but seems like he is a pretty streaky guy. He was playing like garbage  before the trade to Atlanta last year and then had a great run to end the season with us before being pretty bad for a large stretch this year and now looking good again. 

Shhhh ... never tell hotSupes I said it, but he's right about Bey playing better when Hunter's available.  They seem to take pressure off each other.

If you ever tell hotSupes I said he was right, we won't be friends anymore and I won't sit with you at the squawk lunchroom table. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2024 at 8:13 PM, benhillboy said:

Bey kills it alongside Bogi + OO ... with Trae as the PG.   Trae's ability to find 3 point shooters for great shots is only matched by Haliburton.

As a starter though, he struggles as the main sniper in the corner. And he really struggles alongside Capela.

I'm sorry, but retainig Bey continues a pattern that we have seen the past 4 years.  Instead of looking for an upgrade, we become complacent with what we have and feel that they are vital to the team.

NO!

Do not fall for the trap.

This is the same rationale we used to re-sign Collins, Hunter, Capela, and 12.

Bey should be signed and traded for a better player, or have his open roster spot be used to add size/athleticisn/strength to this team.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

or have his open roster spot be used to add size/athleticisn/strength to this team.

Like who?  To me he's a great backup wing with all those qualities.  If we have to pay him Hunter dollars then no but if we can sign him to a good deal he's exactly the kind of player we need off the bench.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Like who?  To me he's a great backup wing with all those qualities.  If we have to pay him Hunter dollars then no but if we can sign him to a good deal he's exactly the kind of player we need off the bench.

Lebron

🫣

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm sorry, but retainig Bey continues a pattern that we have seen the past 4 years.  Instead of looking for an upgrade, we become complacent with what we have and feel that they are vital to the team.

NO!

Bey should be signed and traded for a better player, or have his open roster spot be used to add size/athleticisn/strength to this team.

Bey was supposed to be on the trade block at the deadline and saying we can get a 1st for him (although I was skeptical since we got him for 2nds and he was a RFA) then he wasn't and it was said they now wanted to keep him.

I made a joke that after the deadline he'll start hitting his 3s then we'd be forced to overpay him in the offseason and we'll continue the cycle of paying our players then trading them for less talented in a year or two.

It only makes sense if he's retained on an exceptional team friendly deal for the bench at SF.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

NO!

To get upgrades, you have to send out picks.  We don't have picks to send out.  What are you even suggesting here?