• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No extension for Saddiq Bey

NBASupes

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

At least we didn't give him Hunter money.  

I could live with his putrid defense if his 3pt shooting was on point, but his 3pt shooting just keeps going downhill since mid-November.  Currently 33%

🤢

Screenshot_20240115_185124_Samsung Internet.jpg

28.6 3P% over his last 20 games.

He is currently the 7th worst 3P% of all players (85 total) who've played 20+ games and take >5 3PA.

If he's not hitting shots, he's basically unplayable.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

28.6 3P% over his last 20 games.

He is currently the 7th worst 3P% of all players who've played 20+ games and take >5 3PA.

If he's not hitting shots, he's basically unplayable.

That was a short and sweet referendum! But he deserves his own referendum thread Like 12 did!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That was a short and sweet referendum! But he deserves his own referendum thread Like 12 did!

You can start one if you want one that badly. 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

You can start one if you want one that badly. 😉 

I want @Diesel to do it since this is his guy! He talked smack all summer long about how good he was at shooting 3's. And when I pointed out that he shot 34% from 3 with Detroit,  he countered by saying he is playing with Trae now and will be amazing shooting all of those open 3's! Where are you Diesel? You even had the nerve to start another Hunter thread recently! Sound like you have a bias brother and I'm calling you out!

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

I want @Diesel to do it since this is his guy! He talked smack all summer long about how good he was at shooting 3's. And when I pointed out that he shot 34% from 3 with Detroit,  he countered by saying he is playing with Trae now and will be amazing shooting all of those open 3's! Where are you Diesel? You even had the nerve to start another Hunter thread recently! Sound like you have a bias brother and I'm calling you out!

If you are right and Diesel is a Bey fan, then expecting him to start a Bey thread like that is like expecting you to start a negative Hunter thread.  Both guys have had terrible stretches this season.  Plus Diesel's Hunter thread ended up with the referendum being positive on Hunter so I'm not sure why he would go back to that kind of thread even if he was inclined.

Either way, let's keep the discussion on the player and not on other posters.  (A comment that is for everyone and not specific to peo.)

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

If you are right and Diesel is a Bey fan, then expecting him to start a Bey thread like that is like expecting you to start a negative Hunter thread.  Both guys have had terrible stretches this season.  Plus Diesel's Hunter thread ended up with the referendum being positive on Hunter so I'm not sure why he would go back to that kind of thread even if he was inclined.

Either way, let's keep the discussion on the player and not on other posters.  (A comment that is for everyone and not specific to peo.)

I just want him to defend his stance which he vehemently took this summer suggesting that Bey was a better starter. He continues to mock 12 by suggesting someone anointed him the savior recently. Words have consequences.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I just want him to defend his stance which he vehemently took this summer suggesting that Bey was a better starter. He continues to mock 12 by suggesting someone anointed him the savior recently. Words have consequences.

Start a thread on whatever topic you want or address it here.  If Diesel wants to respond he will.  I've not edited your posts so he will see them but let's stop focusing on the poster because that isn't what we are here for.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Start a thread on whatever topic you want or address it here.  If Diesel wants to respond he will.  I've not edited your posts so he will see them but let's stop focusing on the poster because that isn't what we are here for.

We are here for discussion right? That all I want. At least @SalvorMallow was man enough to admit he was he was wrong about Bey...Let's hope others are man enough to do the same.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We are here for discussion right? That all I want. At least @SalvorMallow was man enough to admit he was he was wrong about Bey...Let's hope others are man enough to do the same.

For discussion on Bey, do you think he will be this bad on his shot the rest of the year?  This seems like an anomaly compared to his historical track record and I’m not seeing shot difficulty as a differentiator.  I’m expecting a bounce back at some point given how bad he has been lately.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

For discussion on Bey, do you think he will be this bad on his shot the rest of the year?  This seems like an anomaly compared to his historical track record and I’m not seeing shot difficulty as a differentiator.  I’m expecting a bounce back at some point given how bad he has been lately.

He has never been a 40% shooter from 3 except for 25 games last year. He was making them at a 34% clip in Detroit before the trade. Is he a 35% or less 3 point shooter? Yes. Does he contribute in any other way offensively? No...with exception of offensive rebounds. And we all know what he is on defense. He is a 15-20 minute per game energy guy...Nothing more.

I wish Q would tell Bey to cut back on the 3 attempts and start driving to the basket more.  OK to take a few but leave the barrage of 3’s to everybody else.  

Take the lane and get your 2.  If they challenge you, draw contact and get to the line.  At the minimum it could at least contribute to getting the other team in foul trouble or create better shots for everybody else.  

I don’t know.  I just feel like this group lacks athletic finishers.  Leave the finesse to the guards.  He’s physical enough and the team could possibly benefit from him attacking the rim more often like JJ.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

I wish Q would tell Bey to cut back on the 3 attempts and start driving to the basket more.  OK to take a few but leave the barrage of 3’s to everybody else.  

Take the lane and get your 2.  If they challenge you, draw contact and get to the line.  At the minimum it could at least contribute to getting the other team in foul trouble or create better shots for everybody else.  

I don’t know.  I just feel like this group lacks athletic finishers.  Leave the finesse to the guards.  He’s physical enough and the team could possibly benefit from him attacking the rim more often like JJ.

The problem is that Q tells him to shoot more 3s.   Qs philosophy is what loses games for us... I have figured it out..  He wants us to shoot several threes to open up the floor.  For that to work, he needs guys who shoot over 38% from three.  We don't have that.   DJ has made himself reliable from three... and Trae just proved, given time, he will kill a team from three.  But we're streaky as hell. Garrison may be our best three point shooter... I haven't looked at the numbers. 

But Q promotes shooting the three ball.   It's what causes us to lose.

As I was watching today and we started to squander a 35 point lead... I saw it.  I saw the problem.   We would come up, and with very little time off the clock, we're just shooting threes.   Dribble, Dribble, Dribble.. Shoot.  We can't keep a lead because we can't play with a lead.  We don't run plays.  All 3rd Quarter, i was crying for some plays.    We only run PNR.. and it's Predictable.  Quin has erased most of our midrange and low post scoring.   We don't do Pindowns.   We don't work for a shot.   We don't move the ball with purpose.   I was done when we were losing momentum and I saw OO step back and miss a corner three. 

OO's game has devolved and he's my next referendum. 

But I told my wife... If we lose this game 1-15-2024.. I was going to get in my Car... Drive through the cold and snow to Atlanta.  Go to Ressler's house and Demand that he fire Quin immediately.  It's embarrassing as hell to watch us shoot games away with dumb play.  

That's why I'm not on the trade DJ Train.  DJ is not the problem and I really don't think that it's about DJ and Trae not fitting.  85% of our problem is coaching.  15% of our problem is that the front office has done nothing to get us better players at the 3, 4, and 5.   The Loss of Hunter enhances that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

The problem is that Q tells him to shoot more 3s.   Qs philosophy is what loses games for us... I have figured it out..  He wants us to shoot several threes to open up the floor.  For that to work, he needs guys who shoot over 38% from three.  We don't have that.   DJ has made himself reliable from three... and Trae just proved, given time, he will kill a team from three.  But we're streaky as hell. Garrison may be our best three point shooter... I haven't looked at the numbers. 

But Q promotes shooting the three ball.   It's what causes us to lose.

As I was watching today and we started to squander a 35 point lead... I saw it.  I saw the problem.   We would come up, and with very little time off the clock, we're just shooting threes.   Dribble, Dribble, Dribble.. Shoot.  We can't keep a lead because we can't play with a lead.  We don't run plays.  All 3rd Quarter, i was crying for some plays.    We only run PNR.. and it's Predictable.  Quin has erased most of our midrange and low post scoring.   We don't do Pindowns.   We don't work for a shot.   We don't move the ball with purpose.   I was done when we were losing momentum and I saw OO step back and miss a corner three. 

OO's game has devolved and he's my next referendum. 

But I told my wife... If we lose this game 1-15-2024.. I was going to get in my Car... Drive through the cold and snow to Atlanta.  Go to Ressler's house and Demand that he fire Quin immediately.  It's embarrassing as hell to watch us shoot games away with dumb play.  

That's why I'm not on the trade DJ Train.  DJ is not the problem and I really don't think that it's about DJ and Trae not fitting.  85% of our problem is coaching.  15% of our problem is that the front office has done nothing to get us better players at the 3, 4, and 5.   The Loss of Hunter enhances that. 

That’s what I’m sayin’.  I wish Q would change his role.  We shoot a lot of 3’s when nobody’s under the basket.  Nobody to rebound.  As many as he takes and misses, it’s just like handing the ball back to the other team.  It’s time to end the “Don’t worry Saddiq, they’ll start to fall sooner or later” pep talk.  Instead, somebody needs to show him the 3 chart that @TheNorthCydeRises posted the other day and tell him, “Yo, Saddiq…take a step in babe”.

He’s aggressive and can handle himself at the rim.  He might not finish as often as we’d like there either (we all know they miss a ton of putbacks) but he could pick his game way up imo if he played mid and in and attacked the rim.  Could be a nice compliment to everybody else’s game to have another aggressive scorer to go along with the outside shooters.

LOL at driving to Ressler’s house.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He has never been a 40% shooter from 3 except for 25 games last year. He was making them at a 34% clip in Detroit before the trade. Is he a 35% or less 3 point shooter? Yes. Does he contribute in any other way offensively? No...with exception of offensive rebounds. And we all know what he is on defense. He is a 15-20 minute per game energy guy...Nothing more.

He has been a consistent 40% shooter on corner 3’s over 3 years….until his 4th season.  I expect positive regression.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

The problem with Bey is that he's not the problem.  He wants maximum payment on his next contract.  He's not a maximum contract player.  He is what he is.  A bench player with energy.  A bench player capable of going inside with power.  A bench player who takes, and makes, some three-point shots.  Not a high % of them.  This makes him a very good bench player.

Bey is not a starter on a team that is playoff bound.  It's not Bay's fault that the Hawks have made him a starter.  He's not getting the huge raise in his contract that he wants.  He needs to go.  Not because he's a good bench player.  No.  He needs to be gone because he's not nearly as good as he believes himself to be.  Let another NBA team worry about this.  Atlanta has enough worry without this problem.

:ahf:

• Like 1

• Moderators

The only reason Bey has started over the last month is because Hunter and/or JJ have been unavailable and the front office ditched a former starter and brought in no one else who could even theoretically be contemplated as a starting forward.  I don’t think there is any illusion that he is a bench player forced into a starting role.

• Thanks 2