• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No extension for Saddiq Bey

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Posters thought of him as a starter prior to the season.  There were plenty of calls to bench Marvin Williams II in favor of Bey watch. In fact there are several threads dedicated to this.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Posters thought of him as a starter prior to the season.  There were plenty of calls to bench Marvin Williams II in favor of Bey watch. In fact there are several threads dedicated to this.

After JC (our starting PF) was shipped out and we brought in no one (Siakam, etc) there were debates over who would end up starting between our established tweener Bey or our unproven but exciting upside near rookie in JJ.  I bet on Bey starting to begin the season and JJ ending the season as the starter.  Looks like that will prove out.  So yes Bey was in the discussion but less by design and more by default in my view.  I don’t think Bey had the size, rebounding or defense to be a longterm starter.  But he should be better than he has been so far this year.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

After JC (our starting PF) was shipped out and we brought in no one (Siakam, etc) there were debates over who would end up starting between our established tweener Bey or our unproven but exciting upside near rookie in JJ.  I bet on Bey starting to begin the season and JJ ending the season as the starter.  Looks like that will prove out.  So yes Bey was in the discussion but less by design and more by default in my view.  I don’t think Bey had the size, rebounding or defense to be a longterm starter.  But he should be better than he has been so far this year.

Posters wanted to start Bey over Hunter! I can retrieve the threads

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I wanted JJ since I thought we needed more ball handling/playmaking, size, length, athleticism and just more dynamisms in the front court.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Posters wanted to start Bey over Hunter! I can retrieve the threads

Sorry I thought you were talking about power forward.  There were a few people who soured on Hunter and called for Bey to start over him for sure.  

Hard to say which is worse over the past few weeks - Bey struggling mightily when he is on the floor or Hunter not even playing.   Both of them have been actively hurting the team for weeks unfortunately so if you were rooting for either one of them to step up and elevate the team that hasn’t come to pass at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Part of the reason Bey is so bad is Quin.

When you shoot 27% from 3 and your coach just claps his hands and say Keep shooting them....

There's your sign.

Why can't the coach say.. Let's work for the better shot.  

They Leave Bey on the corner BUTT NAKED.. because they know he can't hit the corner three.  The drive is wide open.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Part of the reason Bey is so bad is Quin.

When you shoot 27% from 3 and your coach just claps his hands and say Keep shooting them....

There's your sign.

Why can't the coach say.. Let's work for the better shot.  

They Leave Bey on the corner BUTT NAKED.. because they know he can't hit the corner three.  The drive is wide open.

There aren't better shots than corner 3's and he shot 40% from there coming into the season.  I keep saying it but I have to expect he will rebound from his ugly shooting.  If you can't trust him to take an open corner 3, he shouldn't be on the floor.  Maybe he wouldn't be during this slump if Hunter was available but that isn't in the cards.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My boy blows 🤦‍♀️ 

Know how teams showcase dudes they wanna trade?  Well, we need to send Bey to the gleague or just hide him til the deadline.  My guy is playing like trash-poop.

Not sure which is worse, his shooting(sic) or his drives which literally end in a travel every time.  It's just up to the ref to call it or see a 'gather' step amidst all his shuffling without dribbles. 

And, defense, smh.  Should he only guard 4's or something?  I don't even know.  He sure can't guard wings er guards. 

• Sad 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Know how teams showcase dudes they wanna trade?  Well, we need to send Bey to the gleague or just hide him til the deadline.  My guy is playing like trash-poop.

Not sure which is worse, his shooting(sic) or his drives which literally end in a travel every time.  It's just up to the ref to call it or see a 'gather' step amidst all his shuffling without dribbles. 

Don't forget the steps out of bounds. Or his adhd defense. 

This has to be one of the worst fall offs I've seen from a player in a hot minute. He's completely unplayable. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

his shooting(sic) or his drives which literally end in a travel every time. 

Too much time in the weight room no joke. He’s become a running back for us. He bullies folks that’s good but his aggressive play is out of control, he needs to play within his strengths and quit trying to physically give blows everytime down the court.

I like physicality but you have to spray it in there otherwise you become predictable.

@JayBirdHawk i dont “too tawlll” everyone all the time, you gotta pick n choose your spots BEY BEY! 

2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Don't forget the steps out of bounds.

21 times this year his heel hits the baseline wtf. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And, defense, smh.  Should he only guard 4's or something?  I don't even know.  He sure can't guard wings er guards. 

He's playing too many mostly unproductive minutes, 32 mpg.

He could do well with a minutes reduction, back to his norm around 25 mpg. Quin will be resistant to have him come off the bench since it might mess with his psyche even more.

What I think Q shud do until 12 gets back is to reduce his minutes, play more OO at the 4, some Bruno minutes, some Patty minutes. [Ideally you want to see AJ, but he's not just in Q's doghouse, he's stuck under it]

....and please, stop having Bey end games when he's struggling. Play Bogi or play BIG with OO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/16/2024 at 6:26 PM, AHF said:

There aren't better shots than corner 3's and he shot 40% from there coming into the season.  I keep saying it but I have to expect he will rebound from his ugly shooting.  If you can't trust him to take an open corner 3, he shouldn't be on the floor.  Maybe he wouldn't be during this slump if Hunter was available but that isn't in the cards.

He's worn out, good for Quin to do it to Bey than do it to JJ and ruin JJ. Everyone thinks what Hunter does is easy till they learn the hard way. I don't like going into depth much on here because it's not worth it but it's clear Quin has to protect players and the least protected player has to be Bey. JJ is promising and Bogi can't be overused. Hunter would fill in this role naturally but now he's out. It is what it is. It's a gloryless and extremely difficult role. 

[ ] it's clear Quin is protecting his best assets even if a Bey has to be sacrificed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's playing too many mostly unproductive minutes, 32 mpg.

He could do well with a minutes reduction, back to his norm around 25 mpg. Quin will be resistant to have him come off the bench since it might mess with his psyche even more.

What I think Q shud do until 12 gets back is to reduce his minutes, play more OO at the 4, some Bruno minutes, some Patty minutes. [Ideally you want to see AJ, but he's not just in Q's doghouse, he's stuck under it]

....and please, stop having Bey end games when he's struggling. Play Bogi or play BIG with OO.

Ruin Bogi who's an asset, expose OO who still hasn't figured out Quin's scheme on both ends or sacrifice the expiring contract who is in his contract year. This is a business decision. It was one when he put Wes Matthews in, business decision. This is a marathon, not a sprint. 

20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

DELETED INSULT…

Come on man, this is why people give you grief. This is so unnecessary. Even if you fully believe this, it’s not something that needs to be said out loud. 
If we’re “near the bottom” I’d like to see what message board of social media groups are at the top. RealGM? TwiXXer? Marietta NextDoor?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

Come on man, this is why people give you grief. This is so unnecessary. Even if you fully believe this, it’s not something that needs to be said out loud. 
If we’re “near the bottom” I’d like to see what message board of social media groups are at the top. RealGM? TwiXXer? Marietta NextDoor?

Exactly.  Smells more like "people who disagree with me" = not the best bbiq.