• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Injury Thread

JayBirdHawk

22 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is not a bad 7/8 man rotation 😐

They can manage Mo and still have him available to play. We are looking like the Covid season Hawks right now not making ANY roster moves to survive these injuries. I swear we cannot afford to go on this trip and have Dre be the only forward on the roster while managing his minutes too.

Why are being loyal to the Mathews when we clearly need able bodies in the frontcourt. I get we aren’t competing for anything but we are getting to a point where we cannot field a competitive team.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A very sparse lineup:

DJ, Trent

Bogi, Windler

Vit, GMat

Hunter, Wes

CC, Bruno

This is my first time seeing OO listed as having sesamoiditis so I had to look up what it was. Says typical recovery takes 6 weeks. We are currently in week 4 from the first report of his initial injury. Week 3 from when they changed his status after he looked like he would return. So, like 2-3 weeks until we may see him again.

• Sad 2

We are also 2 days into the 3rd week of Trae’s initial 4 week recovery timetable.

Kobe has 5 more days until his next evaluation. 

That last week of March may see a return of the masses if everyone still wants to play again this season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Jalen being listed as “doubtful” instead of “out” tells me any day now for his return. Likely during the road trip.

My optimistic predictions:

Jalen returns Friday at the Jazz

Kobe returns March 21st at the Suns

Trae tries to force his way back March 25 vs the Celtics, and the competitor in him doesn’t let him miss the rematch against them on the 28th.

OO is back either the 30th vs Bucks or April 1st vs Bulls.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Kobe returns March 21st at the Suns

Kobe is scheduled to get out of his boot on the 17th...I don't see him playing 4 days later. He'll be re-evaluated and then ramp up to practice before playing.

I think he returns at home vs Boston...that gives him a week out of the boot.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We are also 2 days into the 3rd week of Trae’s initial 4 week recovery timetable.

18 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae tries to force his way back March 25 vs the Celtics, and the competitor in him doesn’t let him miss the rematch against them on the 28th.

Trae had surgery February 27th....today is exactly 2 weeks post surgery, he has 2 more weeks, so March 26th is the 4 week mark. Maybe March 30th at home vs Bucks.

56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We need Jalen back just because we need some young guy to root for…. Smh AJ Kobe, just so happen to get injured when we need them to get experience 

this isn’t to take away from DJ and Dre and Bogi

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
On 3/7/2024 at 6:01 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

OO - out of the boot: re-evaluated in 7-10 days.

Kobe - in the boot for the next 10 days.

It should be Evaluation Day tomorrow for both OO and Kobe.

• Like 1