• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Injury Thread

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
16 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think that was legit and we are just following through with the ruse in order to avoid the NBA’s load management police.

I bet he plays 

The reality is most professionals are beat up by this point in the season in one way or another so can always point to something to justify a spot on the injury report without needing to make anything up.  There are some serious injuries that obviously take guys out but most guys are playing through some kind of strain or pain on any given night.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

Man, I really, really wish Gueye wasn't out right now. Even with Quin, he might have been given minutes with all the injuries to our bigs.

Given his late start to basketball, I'm not expecting anything from him this year but the injury definitely puts a damper on the possibility he could have made some real progress with time on the floor.  I will be interested to see whether he is more of a 3 or a 4 when he does get time.

4 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

I would play JJ at the 5 rather than starting Bruno

With both OO and CC out, I think we will almost have to give both of them time there.  I'm less concerned about who starts but I'd much rather have Hunter, JJ, and Bruno than any combination with JJ at center just because I feel JJ isn't ready to body up against those guys.  I do hope he can abuse them with his speed and athleticism in return.  If I were the opposing team, I'd probably leave JJ open on the perimeter and let him take long jumpers and only check him there if he gets hot.

• 2 weeks later...