• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Injury Thread

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

That stinks but I'd much rather he miss out on MIP (which would go to a player in a different market anyway) than hurt himself trying to stay eligible.  He has a bright future with us.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And the beat goes on.....another update in 7-10 Days for Kobe, AJ and JJ!! :blanky:

That sounds like we should qualify for an exemption with Trae also clearly out for 2+ weeks.  My guess is Ressler and the front office know this is a lost season and they just don't want to bother with paying someone.  Feels like we could have checked the box and added another player by having the team doctors write it up with an emphasis on the longer side of the time needed for getting healthy and rehabbing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 3/22/2024 at 8:21 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

The countdown is on - 4 days to the Trae injury update! (4 weeks next Tues).

2 Days and counting to the #TraeUpdate

• Like 3

Starting to think this is our version of tanking. We are virtually locked in to our play in seed as well as our draft seed.

If we had something on the line, I bet Trae, OO and JJ would all be out there playing through soreness.

I think there is a reason DJ, CC and Dre have been playing some of their best basketball of late, increasing their value ahead of the offseason compared to where it was at the deadline.

I definitely believe there is more to this team as of late than the “we just have bad injury luck” narrative.

I hope everyone recovers soon. I wouldn’t be surprised if we take our time with guys or see more surprise setbacks/injuries.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 3/24/2024 at 1:53 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

2 Days and counting to the #TraeUpdate

Today should be the day - 4 weeks, post surgery for Trae #TraeUpdate

This from Quin last night:

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 6:07 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Starting to think this is our version of tanking. We are virtually locked in to our play in seed as well as our draft seed.

If we had something on the line, I bet Trae, OO and JJ would all be out there playing through soreness.

I think there is a reason DJ, CC and Dre have been playing some of their best basketball of late, increasing their value ahead of the offseason compared to where it was at the deadline.

I definitely believe there is more to this team as of late than the “we just have bad injury luck” narrative.

I hope everyone recovers soon. I wouldn’t be surprised if we take our time with guys or see more surprise setbacks/injuries.

Guess the team didn't get the memo. Clearly guys are playing hard and playing to win.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Guess the team didn't get the memo. Clearly guys are playing hard and playing to win.

Bob Sura: I’m the biggest killer to any Hawks tanking efforts in the history of the team!

2023-24 Hawks: Hold my beer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/26/2024 at 9:46 AM, bleachkit said:

That’s why I said “our version” of tanking. I don’t think the players or coaches are in on it. They want to compete.

But starting with the inaction around the trade deadline, that was an indication that we already accepted we weren’t going to win this year.

Follow that up with the inaction of roster moves after the injury bug hit us hard and players are out with extended injury timelines. You telling me we couldn’t find some 10-day guys to give us a little help instead of playing weeks with only 10 active players ? We’ve gone almost the entire season with barely (1) active Power Forward. 

To me it’s a sign that the FO removed expectations to win, meaning that they accepted losing was likely, and if we were going to get better on the court, it wouldn’t be because they actively tried to improve the roster and help the cause. 

I think everyone in the front office is looking ahead at whats next. I don’t think the way Dre, CC and others are playing now changes their mind on their offseason plans. I think we are excited about having an incoming lottery pick to ease the regret of not having a first round pick next year. I think whatever happens on the court is just a bonus.

Our version of tanking isn’t to try to lose, it’s to ignore ways to help the team win.

• Premium Member
On 3/21/2024 at 12:01 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

And the beat goes on.....another update in 7-10 Days for Kobe, AJ and JJ!! :blanky:

7 day update for JJ today. Will he be available to play tonight or more likely tomorrow vs Bucks.

Might get update on Kobe and AJ as well