• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Injury Thread

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why wouldn't he get minutes? We need front court depth. 

Because he was super raw coming into the year.  I would at least start him with as many minutes as he can handle in the remaining g-league games and take it from there. I didn’t expect him to be part of the Atlanta rotation at all this year and his development has obviously been interrupted by injury.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Because he was super raw coming into the year.  I would at least start him with as many minutes as he can handle in the remaining g-league games and take it from there. I didn’t expect him to be part of the Atlanta rotation at all this year and his development has obviously been interrupted by injury.

I think the GL season is over.

• Moderators
On 4/6/2024 at 9:11 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I think the GL season is over.

On 4/6/2024 at 10:01 AM, bleachkit said:

Precisely 

Oops.  My bad.  My point is he may be a detriment on the court in NBA games and that the focus may need to be on development (meaning sessions with trainers and coaches to help him cover some of what he missed this year).  This really isn't the time of the season to give young guys developmental minutes.  Now  you are looking to round into form for the playoffs.  But if Quin thinks he can contribute then great.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As expected- JJ out again after last night's ankle injury.:blanky:

He will most likely be shut down for the regular season. Only a few games left. It's best to save him for the Play In at this point.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, hawkman said:

He will most likely be shut down for the regular season. Only a few games left. It's best to save him for the Play In at this point.

This is his 3rd ankle sprain on the same right foot in the last 34 days.  

Injured March 6th - returned March 15th

Injured March 18th - returned April 1st

Injured April 9th - ?????????????????

I'd just hold him out until the playoffs (yes we getting in 😎).

Spoiler

If we can't make win the play-in games without him, then so be it.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

sliver lining:  We don't have to sit there and watch a first round ass kicking like the last couple years.  

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

The games with both JJ/Hunter out were the most painful.  The roles they play are not replaced by anyone on the team in the same way as Trae/Murray or Bey or OO.

• Like 2

If I had to guess, OO's injury is a turf toe injury.  The nonsurgical procedure he is having done is likely a PRP injection or an ACP injection.  

It sounds like he came back to play on the injury too soon and aggravated the initial injury.  When you have a turf toe injury, you can't extend the great toe without significant pain.  So, he can't push off with that foot if this is the injury.  Turf toe is a sprain/tear of the plantar plate of the great toe.  

• Sad 1

JJ and OO done for the season.  Let's look to next season.

I don't call it the "Hawkspital" for nothing.. smh

• Haha 1

Will next season be any better?

All I see is another playin birth... :sad:

UNLESS some changes are made...

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So will the Hawks just tank the play-in, or will they find a spot for Vit to replace Jalen and give it their best shot? 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

The games with both JJ/Hunter out were the most painful.  The roles they play are not replaced by anyone on the team in the same way as Trae/Murray or Bey or OO.

In both instances, Bey filled in and what we know is he's better off the bench and not as a starter. Then once Bey started at either spot in left even more if a void.

• Like 1