• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

49 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Just depends on what you think JJ's ceiling is.

higher than Traschal's and Lori's. He actually has a chance to be 2-way. No way in hell those 2 become defensive standouts. 

And why are people crying for Siakam/Lauri AND complaining about our defense at the same time? One cannot make both of those complaints without being a complete hypocrisy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

higher than Traschal's and Lori's. He actually has a chance to be 2-way. No way in hell those 2 become defensive standouts. 

And why are people crying for Siakam/Lauri AND complaining about our defense at the same time? One cannot make both of those complaints without being a complete hypocrisy. 

I don't think he'll touch where Lauri is today offensively, but don't disagree he could be better defensively.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, warcore said:

Core, I do agree with you.   I think JJ has a very high ceiling and is probably better than both of those guys.   Which is why I say I don't want to see us make a big move until we have seen this team once JJ gets back.   But @TheNorthCydeRises keeps pushing this old man Siakam narrative.. like Siakam can play defense.   I fear our front office are drinking the Kool Aid. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, warcore said:

I like diversity. We don't need everybody copy and pasting from the same site. That's what makes this a discussion board. Now let Terrell be whoever he wants. You're not even his dad. 

I was joking about using that site man.. lol

Just making a point..

Fans dont like "stats" until they do.. 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

My belief is still we don't need to make a big move.   We can make a small move to plug up the issue and wait until JJ comes back.  Rotating OO and Saddiq at the 4 in the meanwhile seems to be the rub.   Hunter has to come back and earn his keep.  Quad Soreness making you miss 4 games is questionable.  Did they pick him that hard in Philly?

This is what I'm pushing...

image.png

My thought is PJ can man the PF position until JJ gets back and he would still be an excellent rotational player. 

or

image.png

These are low risk trades that gives us a player who can easily play the PF position in JJ's absence but will make excellent backups once he returns. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

My belief is still we don't need to make a big move.   We can make a small move to plug up the issue and wait until JJ comes back.  Rotating OO and Saddiq at the 4 in the meanwhile seems to be the rub.   Hunter has to come back and earn his keep.  Quad Soreness making you miss 4 games is questionable.  Did they pick him that hard in Philly?

image.png

My thought is PJ can man the PF position until JJ gets back and he would still be an excellent rotational player. 

or

image.png

These are low risk trades that gives us a player who can easily play the PF position in JJ's absence but will make excellent backups once he returns. 

I'd rather Covington.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

image.png

or

image.png

Can we get Tucker & Covington?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

We have a defensive problem. Most if not all our games we’ve had good leads and easily able to score all game.

We just let them score too but they score even better because our defense is horrid.

I think we have the same issue that is true League round.   All teams have the ability to score and go on runs... no matter what defensive players you have.   This is not a case where you can remake the 92 Bulls and expect to lockdown other teams.  We are playing in a era where the margins between offense and defense is small.   You say we just let them score too easily.  Whereas I would say it's a mixture of not getting stops and the offense going cold.   The best teams are going to be those who can score and defend... but not have one dominate the other.    For that reason, Teams like Boston, Houston, and Orlando are scary.   Teams like Sactown, Milwaukee, and Philly not so much. 

The thing people don't remember is that when JJ was playing and Going off, Trae hadn't come out of his funk yet.   Well, now Trae is out of his funk...  When JJ comes back, we will be a really good team. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd rather Covington.

I didn't choose these players haphazardly.    Both are on the outs with their teams.   I think PJ would be easier because he has a 2 year deal and I don't think LAC has a place for him.   The LT relief that they would get from the trade is their motivation. 

Covington is in a logjam in Philly.   They have Covington, Batum, Mo Morris Sr, Reed, Harris all playing PF and because they have Oubre and Korkmaz who are playing Sf... it's hard to issue a lot of space there. So RoCo has become the odd man out.   Over his last 5 games, his minutes have started to evaporate.   Philly needs the depth at BU PG and they need to clear the logjam. 

I like Covington too.   I think he'd do a good job as both a standin and a rotational player at the 4.   We wouldn't have this issue if Hunter could just step up and play up to his potential. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Can we get Tucker & Covington?

It would take a lot of doing and probably a three team deal?

What I mean is PMills and 2 first for Tucker...    LAC would probably do easily.

the second trade for Covington would be harder.   Philly needs some help at the PG.  We don't really have anybody who can help them.   In that price range, we would then have to start looking at A mixture of AJ and Bufkin to make the salary work... and that's too much to give for either of these guys. 

So even if we started PMills and 2 first for RoCO.. We still have the same problem trying to go after Tucker.  The players we have in that salary range are players that we don't really want to give up.