• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Also, why is @Diesel on TJ’s today (Warren and McConnell).. why didn’t you tell me it was a TJ day we woulda taken it down to.. 😐 

well.. TJ with @kg01 🇲🇽 🍹 fiesta siesta.. forevaaaa.. come on and sing 🎤 AAAA

LOOOOOOOOONNNGGGGG

ALLLLLL NIGHHHHTTT LOOOOONNNGGG ..

🥳 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m gonna say they reject it. I don’t mind I’ve wanted lil prick TJ for a minute now.

Well, Supposedly, they were after Dre this summer.   They fill like he may fit.   This may be their fall back if they can't get OG... which seems to be their top choice.   I think for OG, they are willing to part with Marithun but Masai wants more.  Something crazy like Marithun, Hield, and some FRPs for OG.    I don't think Indy wants OG that bad. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Walker is 6'-8" 240lbs

He's also a rookie who won't contribute to winning this season and possibly not even next. He's shooting 27% from 3 on 10mpg. His DBPM is solid, but I want to see us bring in guys who:
1) Have size

2) Can hit the three

3) Can defend

4) Have a high motor

This is the combo of attributes we need from our starting 3.

Is Trae willing to wait around while we develop yet another rookie and pray he turns into something in the NBA?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

He's also a rookie who won't contribute to winning this season and possibly not even next. He's shooting 27% from 3 on 10mpg. His DBPM is solid, but I want to see us bring in guys who:
1) Have size

2) Can hit the three

3) Can defend

4) Have a high motor

This is the combo of attributes we need from our starting 3.

Is Trae willing to wait around while we develop yet another rookie and pray he turns into something in the NBA?

It may be that he can fill in for JJ and let Siddiq go to the 3 until JJ returns.   It could be that he's the way we get out of Dre's Cap.  Moreover, this is the type of trade that instantly saves us money.. and may allow for us to go for somebody else.  The Pacers are one of the only team under the cap in the league. 

• Like 1

Stirring the pot.  When you trade seldom / never used players for seldom / never used players you're just hoping that everything works out and if it doesn't, so what.  You haven't lost a lot.  If you can do this kind of deal and trade a veteran for a rookie, almost always I would say, go for it.  You are never going to use the veteran very much and the rookie just may need time or another team where he fits better.

The thing about trading end of the bench players, chances are very good that nothing much comes of it.  This does very little to stir up the usual top eight in the rotation.

Hawks have started with the Skyhawks and are working their way up the ladder.  Wonder who is next?  

:smug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It may be that he can fill in for JJ and let Siddiq go to the 3 until JJ returns.   It could be that he's the way we get out of Dre's Cap.  Moreover, this is the type of trade that instantly saves us money.. and may allow for us to go for somebody else.  The Pacers are one of the only team under the cap in the league. 

We really don't have the assets to afford another salary dump. It means we won't be able to make trades for established players because we won't be able to match salarys AND we traded our FRPs to the Spurs so we won't really have much to sweeten the pot. We'd basically be putting all of our eggs in the free agency basket, and you see how well that has worked out for us. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

We really don't have the assets to afford another salary dump. It means we won't be able to make trades for established players because we won't be able to match salarys AND we traded our FRPs to the Spurs so we won't really have much to sweeten the pot. We'd basically be putting all of our eggs in the free agency basket, and you see how well that has worked out for us. 

I feel like the one time we had money to spend in FAgency we knocked it out of the park. Gallo, Bogi, Rondo/LouWill, Snell, Solo, Dunn (even tho he was a dud)

Players want to get paid, if you have cash to spend that’s all the negotiation you need.

We haven’t had cash recently which is why we have not made significant moves in FA since 2020-2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I just hate to see us get to the place where we realize that weather he's good or not, Dre doesn't get the job done because of injury or softness.   If the league catches on, then he will spend those next 4 years here... festering in mediocrity.  Don't dismiss Walker too fast.   I think you have done so by claiming, that he's just a rookie.  The young man has great potential. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Chrimturn said:

Say this happens….would you go keep going and try to work a deal involving DJ to Knicks for FRP?

There's no need to trade DJ. 

You guys kill me with the blaming DJ stuff.

He's like a 20/5/6 player shooting a good percentage on a bargain contract.  He's not Trae and won't be Trae.   Defensively, he needs help behind him to be effective.   That means CC/OO/Dre/JJ whoever is back there has to help because his style is a play the passing lane gambling style.  If you trade him to get more defensive, then expect the offense to suffer.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There's no need to trade DJ. 

You guys kill me with the blaming DJ stuff.

He's like a 20/5/6 player shooting a good percentage on a bargain contract.  He's not Trae and won't be Trae.   Defensively, he needs help behind him to be effective.   That means CC/OO/Dre/JJ whoever is back there has to help because his style is a play the passing lane gambling style.  If you trade him to get more defensive, then expect the offense to suffer.

Easy now.  I’m not on the blame train.  I’m just thinking of “what if” scenarios if they do decide to go the dump route.  Can you think of a possible, positive solution if they traded both Murray and DJ?  Using something like the Pacers proposal you posted (or maybe they keep Lundy if they plan on moving DJ?).  Would something like a DJ to NYK for one of their FRP’s be doable?  What’s the cap look like then?  Would you use the pick for the draft or try to go after somebody else?

I’m just curious.  I’m hoping Trae/Murray works.  But if there is a fire sale, how do you see it playing out?

(maybe move this to the trade thread?)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think that I was wrong earlier. 

I think that the deal with Indy MAYBE...

Some type of Deal that Sends AJ to Indy for Jarace Walker.

Here's why...  Aj has been out for several games due to personal reasons.  That's not injury.  Maybe he doesn't jive with Coach Quin and has asked for a trade.  Indy has to see AJ has a pretty good match to what they already do.  A shooter.   He also has a big strong body.  And he's young.  While they may like Jarace Walker, I think AJ would be more of a fit for them. 

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Easy now.  I’m not on the blame train.  I’m just thinking of “what if” scenarios if they do decide to go the dump route.  Can you think of a possible, positive solution if they traded both Murray and DJ?  Using something like the Pacers proposal you posted (or maybe they keep Lundy if they plan on moving DJ?).  Would something like a DJ to NYK for one of their FRP’s be doable?  What’s the cap look like then?  Would you use the pick for the draft or try to go after somebody else?

I’m just curious.  I’m hoping Trae/Murray works.  But if there is a fire sale, how do you see it playing out?

(maybe move this to the trade thread?)

DJ is vital to the team because of his ball handling.  We honestly don't have another PG type that we trust.  Our offense runs through Trae, DJ, and Bogi these days. 

Dre...has to show consistency.   I believe we may hold on to him because of the promise of Dre and the difficulty in finding a fair.  I amended my thoughts on Indy.  I have convinced myself that it's AJ for Jarace.   I could be wrong, but my far outsider vibes tell me that it was the discussion.