• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Come on bro. Seriously. No one wants to trade more than picks and meh mfers for Murray. We already know this. Look at what we traded for him. Picks and a meh mfer. 

The solution to all the worries is to go get Miles Bridges to back up Hunter and get Jonathan Issac from the Magic. 

That's a simple trade that gets the hawks better wing play and more defense.  They will probably be able to stay under the luxury tax with that move. 

I think as long as the Hawks put a competent roster around Trae he won't demand a trade.  At this point, injuries have decimated us at SF and PF, the areas we lacked depth.  Fix that and I see the team taking off.

I should ask straight up, have you heard that Trae is planning on requesting a trade?  Is that why you are ready to get him off the roster? 

Edited by marco102

• Moderators

Well i would have loved to see Murray/Hunter for Ingram/Alvarado/picks but no way nola does that now that they are playing well and Hunter is hurt again.  And Ingram is basically their best player.  We could throw in AJ or Kobe or something.  I don't know.  This season is going down the tubes if we don't figure something out. 

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The solution to all the worries is to go get Miles Bridges to back up Hunter and get Jonathan Issac from the Magic. 

That's a simple trade that gets the hawks better wing play and more defense.  They will probably be able to stay under the luxury tax with that move. 

I think as long as the Hawks put a competent roster around Trae he won't demand a trade.  At this point, injuries have decimated us at SF and PF, the areas we lacked depth.  Fix that and I see the team taking off.

I should ask straight up, have you heard that Trae is planning on requesting a trade?  Is that why you are ready to get him off the roster? 

What we got that's gonna make Charlotte want to trade Miles Bridges? 

Same for J. Issac. 

These teams don't want our scraps. We don't want their scraps when they come for guys like Bogi and Murray. 

You want Trae not to demand a trade. Trae has threaten the organization every year to improve or he wants out. Now that this team is asset barren, you think Trae is gonna just have a change of heart and be like, you tried and failed and that's my fault, I am going to be loyal like Dame when that's never been Trae. Come on man, ya'll stan too much and you gonna be heart broken when he ask out. 

I already know what's coming. That's why I am on already moved to the next phase. 

9 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Phoenix isn’t trading Booker. Please stop spamming the board with nonsense

Their new owner don't got loyalty to Book. 

His loyalty is to Durant who's his best player by a mile and a top 5-7 player in the NBA. 

While I doubt he will be on the market. It's in Atlanta's best interest to be on the phone everyday for Book. Every f***ing day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No, but I know Rich Paul them too well. I know their games. They just wait till they have leverage and strike. They learned from the AD shit how to do it. Once Trae asks out, he's good as gone. The media gonna be hell on wheels too. They already are. Look at Murray for example. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd do whatever it takes to get Booker honestly.  But also i think we have to get off the idea that it's home run or nothing.  We have one great player and a very few really good.   One great player + a bunch of really good players at least gets into respectability which is the first step to contending.  

I agree. If you get him, that changes our trajectory. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What we got that's gonna make Charlotte want to trade Miles Bridges? 

Same for J. Issac. 

These teams don't want our scraps. We don't want their scraps when they come for guys like Bogi and Murray. 

You want Trae not to demand a trade. Trae has threaten the organization every year to improve or he wants out. Now that this team is asset barren, you think Trae is gonna just have a change of heart and be like, you tried and failed and that's my fault, I am going to be loyal like Dame when that's never been Trae. Come on man, ya'll stan too much and you gonna be heart broken when he ask out. 

I already know what's coming. That's why I am on already moved to the next phase. 

I'm not stanning for anything and asked you a simple question.  Did you hear he wanted out? Now you are saying he's threatened to leave every year he's been here, but you've never said that previously. 

I wouldn't blame Trae for requesting a trade if Toni continues to be weary of the luxury tax. Trae also has 2 years guaranteed and a player option. I'm assuming you're thinking he'll opt out.  I'm not here to argue with you about Trae because I know your  personal bias towards him because of some personal interactions.   

I'm an Atlanta Hawks stan. If they trade Trae, I'd wish him well and hope for the best for us. I wouldn't even root for him anymore because I don't care about the NBA. I care about the Hawks. I barely watch any other games unless it impacts the Hawks in some way. To me the most detrimental thing to the Hawks is to trade Trae without him asking out.  That's why I'm like nah don't trade our best player. It's not because I'm a stan of Trae. 

Now to address your other points. I know my Miles Bridges take isn't popular.  Miles Bridges has an image problem in Charlotte and most of the NBA due to the domestic violence situation and is on a one year deal and a UFA after this season.  He also has a pending court case in January or February.  I'm of the opinion that he won't be proven to be in violation of the original deal, but that's another story. What value could they get for him? He's a distressed asset if there ever was ever a distressed asset.  The Hawks wouldn't have to give up much to get him. 

J. Isaac is injury prone and barely getting 13 minutes a game in Orlando.  You can flip a protected first for him possible. 

Of course teams could always ask for more. I'm saying these are reasonable ways to fix the team this year to address the biggest areas of weakness.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm not stanning for anything and asked you a simple question.  Did you hear he wanted out? Now you are saying he's threatened to leave every year he's been here, but you've never said that previously. 

I wouldn't blame Trae for requesting a trade if Toni continues to be weary of the luxury tax. Trae also has 2 years guaranteed and a player option. I'm assuming you're thinking he'll opt out.  I'm not here to argue with you about Trae because I know your  personal bias towards him because of some personal interactions.   

I'm an Atlanta Hawks stan. If they trade Trae, I'd wish him well and hope for the best for us. I wouldn't even root for him anymore because I don't care about the NBA. I care about the Hawks. I barely watch any other games unless it impacts the Hawks in some way. To me the most detrimental thing to the Hawks is to trade Trae without him asking out.  That's why I'm like nah don't trade our best player. It's not because I'm a stan of Trae. 

Now to address your other points. I know my Miles Bridges take isn't popular.  Miles Bridges has an image problem in Charlotte and most of the NBA due to the domestic violence situation and is on a one year deal and a UFA after this season.  He also has a pending court case in January or February.  I'm of the opinion that he won't be proven to be in violation of the original deal, but that's another story. What value could they get for him? He's a distressed asset if there ever was ever a distressed asset.  The Hawks wouldn't have to give up much to get him. 

J. Isaac is injury prone and barely getting 13 minutes a game in Orlando.  You can flip a protected first for him possible. 

Of course teams could always ask for more. I'm saying these are reasonable ways to fix the team this year to address the biggest areas of weakness.

I literally just told you no. I haven't heard that Trae wants out. What I know is Trae puts pressure every year on the front office to built a contender and they try to do it. We are asset barren. Some of the guys we have targeted don't want to come to Atlanta. It's a massive risk trading for them. I see the writing on the wall. We don't have much leverage. We lost a lot because we made the Murray trade which was mainly driven by Trae and the Resslers who were driven by, Trae. 

They are in a ferocious position. It's not looking good. 

Blaming Tony is foolish. It would help the depth but we aren't much better than a couple spots up while he would lose 50-100 million in profit which will turn into losses. It just don't make sense and this team is just not anywhere close to contending. That's not gonna make Trae stay. Trae wants to contend. If Tony needs to be blamed for anything, it's listening to Trae about Murray. 

Once we got Murray, he's been a class act here so I got no issues with him but the trade was an awful deal. 

Well, you better be prepared...

It's not Miles Bridges that's the issue, it's the fact that CHA don't want scraps for him. That's all. 

J. Issac for a protected 1st is a holy shit batman, overpay. We can't overpay for these guys either. They are worth more than scraps but they aren't exactly worth quality assets either. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I literally just told you no. I haven't heard that Trae wants out. What I know is Trae puts pressure every year on the front office to built a contender and they try to do it. We are asset barren. Some of the guys we have targeted don't want to come to Atlanta. It's a massive risk trading for them. I see the writing on the wall. We don't have much leverage. We lost a lot because we made the Murray trade which was mainly driven by Trae and the Resslers who were driven by, Trae. 

They are in a ferocious position. It's not looking good. 

Blaming Tony is foolish. It would help the depth but we aren't much better than a couple spots up while he would lose 50-100 million in profit which will turn into losses. It just don't make sense and this team is just not anywhere close to contending. That's not gonna make Trae stay. Trae wants to contend. If Tony needs to be blamed for anything, it's listening to Trae about Murray. 

Once we got Murray, he's been a class act here so I got no issues with him but the trade was an awful deal. 

Well, you better be prepared...

It's not Miles Bridges that's the issue, it's the fact that CHA don't want scraps for him. That's all. 

J. Issac for a protected 1st is a holy shit batman, overpay. We can't overpay for these guys either. They are worth more than scraps but they aren't exactly worth quality assets either. 

You put that in a post while I was typing mine which is why I thanked your post addressing that point. 

I believe we can get both those players and not be in the luxury tax. So you can do that and move up in the standings. 

This is also what I warned you about in the off season when you were predicting great things for this team. I said they have shown us who they were, a .500 team, and until we see otherwise, that's what we should expect. 

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You put that in a post while I was typing mine which is why I thanked your post addressing that point. 

I believe we can get both those players and not be in the luxury tax. So you can do that and move up in the standings. 

This is also what I warned you about in the off season when you were predicting great things for this team. I said they have shown us who they were, a .500 team, and until we see otherwise, that's what we should expect. 

I'll always prediction great things for the Hawks in the preseason and been doing it since the 2000s. I always say, my real opinion is 10 games in. That's when I know what we got and what others around the league got. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. If you get him, that changes our trajectory. 

No way. Trae>Booker all day everyday. Booker got to the finals once with a super team. He falls in the KAT category as far as winning goes. Hell nah, Trae is a top 5 talent we just have to figure this thing out and put the right pieces next to him. I dunno, a wing, a big, a star ⭐️.

• Like 4

Getting the right team around Trae is pretty difficult. Trae has not proven that he can lead a team to being above average for any real length of time. I'm not convinced he can despite his stats.

That said, if he demands a trade his trade value instantly becomes trash.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You think Dre and his bad knee has positive value?

Some Knicks fans are saying IQ, Grimes, (Fournier’s expiring) and multiple picks for MUrray

Another was RJ, Quickley, and picks for DJM & Bey.  

Yay or Nay? lol

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Getting the right team around Trae is pretty difficult. Trae has not proven that he can lead a team to being above average for any real length of time. I'm not convinced he can despite his stats.

Bogdonavic is the second best player on this team. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Another was RJ, Quickley, and picks for DJM & Bey.  

Yay or Nay? lol

No Quickly is redundant he’s too small and RJ is getting better but he kinda sucks to me. God son of Nash? I expected more, 3rd pick, I expected more. No hell no to the Knicks with that offer.

• Haha 1