• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

8 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Oh I have no idea, could be. But whatever it was it's not really important, just that he has none basketball shit going on that is likely impacting him on the court was the important thing I wanted to convey. 

Agreed.  Makes it suck, from a human standpoint, that fans just gloss over it.  Especially GS fans.  That man won them a ring as much as their 'big 3' did that year.  But they're ready to jettison him.  Meanwhile Klay and Draymond suck out loud. 

From our viewpoint, as you say, there's something going on with him that makes acquiring him a non-starter. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agreed.  Makes it suck, from a human standpoint, that fans just gloss over it.  Especially GS fans.  That man won them a ring as much as their 'big 3' did that year.  But they're ready to jettison him.  Meanwhile Klay and Draymond suck out loud. 

From our viewpoint, as you say, there's something going on with him that makes acquiring him a non-starter. 

Or maybe, a counterpoint: we take a risk on him getting shit sorted and getting back to where he was? To me the real non-starter is that behemoth contract. Not worth the risk at that price.

22 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Or maybe, a counterpoint: we take a risk on him getting shit sorted and getting back to where he was? To me the real non-starter is that behemoth contract. Not worth the risk at that price.

I like where your head is at but I think Wiggins is the wrong player for it.  His peak was so short and tied to being in a contract year that its not believable.  I trust his years of frustrating play which makes him a no-go for me. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

I like where your head is at but I think Wiggins is the wrong player for it.  His peak was so short and tied to being in a contract year that its not believable.  I trust his years of frustrating play which makes him a no-go for me. 

O, agree, agree. Just playing devil's advocate if the move is being considered.

Just now, georgia said:

I have always thought Bagley is pretty good when Hawks plays against him or maybe our defense is just so bad.  

He's the most usless sort of bigman in the NBA in 2023. No range, no defense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

O, agree, agree. Just playing devil's advocate if the move is being considered.

He's the most usless sort of bigman in the NBA in 2023. No range, no defense. 

Might be a toss up between him and our last reclamation project, Kevin Knox.  Bagley ain't it.  But agree with @georgia in that he always looks good against us.  Just know it's fools gold (not calling you a fool, GA) and kinda shows why we're looking to overhaul our frontcourt and add beef. 

46 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The team would like to move on from Clint for a bigger, longer Center with potential. They would be willing to play OO at the center until the big center develops.

Wonder what Charlotte would want for us to get their center?

🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I've shared this with the insiders. Take everything I say here with a grain of salt.  Its an extension of what is written above.

Jalen is the only untouchable on the roster. Not because he's the best but because his cost to production value is off the chart. There is no way to get back Jalen level value at his salary.

Trae is untouchable 1a.  But its not because he's untouchable.  Teams would not give back enough value for Trae. They understand how he limits teams and he's techs/complaining have worn thin around the league and with officials.  Trae is untouchable because you'd never get back = value.

The team would like to get back a good PF and slide Jalen to the 3. They believe his best value is at the 3 where he can overpower 1/2 of the 3's in the league.  The team would like to get bigger (like 10lbs/2 inches per position) and that starts with Jalen over Dre. The interesting name I heard (and I heard several) was Marvin Bagley at the 4 next to Jalen. They think that's the kind of size/fit they'd like and they think Trae can bring out the best in a player like Bagley.

The team would be willing to slide BB back into the starting lineup at the 2 if the return on DJ is good.

The team would like to move on from Clint for a bigger, longer Center with potential. They would be willing to play OO at the center until the big center develops.

Short answer, if you hear a rumor about us acquiring an undersized player, its a lie.  Quin wants length/size.  He doesn't want another Philly/NY/Miami foul fest with no retribution. 

I'd be very surprised if we don't acquire an enforcer.

Lastly, there is a possibility that for the right player, we spend that John Collins TPE.  I really can't say more than that but that's on the table right now.

Dont think that center is available at all this season but he could be found in the draft...looking at Duke's own.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The team would like to get bigger (like 10lbs/2 inches per position) and that starts with Jalen over Dre. The interesting name I heard (and I heard several) was Marvin Bagley at the 4 next to Jalen. They think that's the kind of size/fit they'd like and they think Trae can bring out the best in a player like Bagley.

Reading into this would indicate OO is not the C of the future. OO is however about the size of bagley. So you know what that means … Ayton is back on the menu with OO at PF!

Or the long term vision is OO is nothing more than an expensive first big off the bench. I have my doubts of him playing PF full time, but maybe? 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Or the long term vision is OO is nothing more than an expensive first big off the bench. I have my doubts of him playing PF full time, but maybe? 

OO is a weird piece... not quite good enough to start at center, not quite skilled enough to play PF, pretty good backup center... but backup center isn't where you want to spend a lot of money -- backup wings/guards usually makes more sense.  I think OO is an ongoing project for this coaching staff to develop.  He is probably going to end up being a utility PF/C off the bench long term.  Good piece to have if you're Quin in the regular season but he's kinda hard to fit into really strong starting lineups

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thought he was injured?  I like him in Bruno's spot tho.

Koloko….
He’s been out all year.  Dealing with some respiratory illness.  Last I read, he was resuming lite activity.  True, something like this that has kept him out for this long is both strange and concerning.

It would be a risk now, but if the Docs evaluate him and think he will be able to recover and return to form, it might be worth it.  Even if he doesn’t play this year.  

I just thought that “if” they did the PS rental (or any TOR deal that includes PS or not), why not try to include Koloko?  They’d still have a potential 7’ piece for next season that could end up paying off.  If this illness lingers and it doesn’t pan out, oh well, doesn’t break the bank.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Every year, it's a lock this trade will happen, then it gets close and nope, they don't like the return value, but this guy might be moved, nope, they don't like the return value, etc

It's only a lock for the people that hype the trades... 

I never though any trade was a lock.. most the time it's media or message board spin bs to generate content

• Like 2

Tony will never do this because he loves money 

But this is what I'll do with the Hawks to restock

Trade Trae 

Clint 

Wes

For

Ausar

Bogey

Wiseman

2024 Pistons pick swap with Atlanta. Atlanta gets most favorable 

2026 and 28, 1st unprotected

Draft Reed Sheppard 

Trade Murray for some of our picks in the summer to SA

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-12-2024_11-19-43AM.png

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tony will never do this because he loves money 

But this is what I'll do with the Hawks to restock

Trade Trae 

Clint 

Wes

For

Ausar

Bogey

Wiseman

2024 Pistons pick swap with Atlanta. Atlanta gets most favorable 

2026 and 28, 1st unprotected

Draft Reed Sheppard 

Trade Murray for some of our picks in the summer to SA

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-12-2024_11-19-43AM.png

I can't stomach the thought of tanking for another 4 years so this is a pass from me.  Not saying this isn't potentially the best long term outcome, because it certainly could be, but I'd rather try to move Trae to a team for some win-now young'ish players if we went in that direction.  Or just keep him and keep retooling, which we're almost certainly going to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I can't stomach the thought of tanking for another 4 years so this is a pass from me.  Not saying this isn't potentially the best long term outcome, because it certainly could be, but I'd rather try to move Trae to a team for some win-now young'ish players if we went in that direction.  Or just keep him and keep retooling, which we're almost certainly going to do.

It will be a tank for sure but if Quin is that guy. He could turn us into a winner with less. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

If Dj is not demanding a trade, we shouldn't trade him. 

We need to find another star to go with Trae, DJ, and JJ. 

If this is true then it doesn’t sound like he is demanding out. I’d honestly like to keep DJ too and see how it goes keeping him on the floor with JJ and Trae  

Edited by Bonzaii58
  • Like 3