• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

20 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Can someone explain why legit LA media thinks reaves is so much more valuable than Murray. Hes not close to the player the number clearly bear that out, ok hes younger and cheaper, thats it.  

maybe reaves and Rui that would give us 10 lbs and an inch at PF move Jalen down, also 2 peaces to use for whatever, but no way Reaves and DJ straight up, Murray is shooting 40 percent from 3, crazy how bad our Def is and hes having a career year on Off and we are losing this much. sheesh

Don't know which is worse, MIA media or LAL media. 

• Premium Member

Of course Murray is overall better than Reaves, but he's making 20 million dollars more per year. The logic for Reaves for Murray trade, and assuming the rest of the trade is filler that eventually turns into cap dollars is Reaves + 18-24 million of cap relief for Murray. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Of course Murray is overall better than Reaves, but he's making 20 million dollars more per year. The logic for Reaves for Murray trade, and assuming the rest of the trade is filler that eventually turns into cap dollars is Reaves + 18-24 million of cap relief for Murray. 

Don't disagree with the logic (and I don't think he's as bad a defender as ppl here are saying), but I would hope we can get back someone to slot into the starting lineup if we're shipping out a borderline all-star guard.  Add Prince in and a pick or two and I'm not as mad about it.  God knows we need depth at PF.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because one is a Laker helping the Lakers and they want to steal Murray off the Hawks

I hate anything New York and Los Angeles.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, LucastheThird said:

I'd rather keep Murray and try to make it work. Nobody would trade us their star for Hunter and filler—no reason we should do a similar deal. 

Is Murray really a star? Negative defender career TS% well below the current league average. He hasn't been within sniffing distance of an All Star spot since joining the Hawks. 

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@shakes, a rundown on Kamla's take on possible Murray deals...

1. Hawks are trash for tryna trade him so they don't have to pay him - that's right, a national NBA host has no idea Murray already re-signed.

2. Keldon is who he'd target even tho ...

3. Keldon makes no sense since he's same as JJ (huh?  See #2)

4. Hawks are trash for acquiring Murray then trading him back (has it already happened, sKamla?  Odd).

5.  I had to turn it off or did my ears just bleed out and die?  Quick, somebody say something.  Nah, I can't hear anything.  Oh noooos!!! 

What, just 'cus LAL says so? 

Kamla didnt say this type of crazy shit when he was here he seemed fairly reasonable but when he left some of the stuff he does is wild, but I think that is what they want him to do. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Is Murray really a star? Negative defender career TS% well below the current league average. He hasn't been within sniffing distance of an All Star spot since joining the Hawks. 

No, not really.  He's more like CJ McCollum to me.  Almost all-star but player value is all relative to the contract

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

21, 5, & 5 on 47% shooting is star caliber to me. He has single-handedly won us multiple games since we traded for him. The fit has not worked out like we thought it would, but his level of play didn't take a nosedive. There is a reason all of these teams are bidding for him. 

He isn't the #1 guy. But a good #2 and unfair #3. Austin Reeves is nowhere close in terms of talent. 

Edited by LucastheThird
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Kamla didnt say this type of crazy shit when he was here he seemed fairly reasonable but when he left some of the stuff he does is wild, but I think that is what they want him to do. 

I got the strong impression, over the past year or so, that he's one who's butt Trae didn't kiss.  Or he's one who had connections that were on team-Collins.  All his intel(sic) related to the Hawks is very skewed anti-Trae so take that fwiw. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

21, 5, & 5 on 47% shooting is star caliber to me. He has single-handedly won us multiple games since we traded for him. The fit has not worked out like we thought it would, but his level of play didn't take a nosedive. There is a reason all of these teams are bidding for him. 

There bidding on him, yet reports are that the Lakers will not include Reaves in the deal. Imagine us declining trading Hunter for a teams "second star"

Reaves per 36 mins:

18.1 - 6 - 5 - 48% fg% - 55.5efg5, 61% TS - 13 million per year

22 - 5 - 4 - 47% fg$ - 53efg%, 56% TS - 32 million per year.

I'd take Reaves for Murray swap if it frees up 20 million for us to sign a player like Nic Claxton this offseason.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

No, not really.  He's more like CJ McCollum to me.  Almost all-star but player value is all relative to the contract

How many wins is he adding to our overall record? Would splitting his touches among a mix of Reaves/Trae/Bogi/JJ really make us significantly worse this year?

11 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I wish we could just get Tre Murphy III and call it a day.  Perfect compliment to Trae

Agreed.  Hey, I just might take back all the sketchy things I write about you on the squawk bathroom stalls.  Emphasis on "might". 🤔 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

How many wins is he adding to our overall record? Would splitting his touches among a mix of Reaves/Trae/Bogi/JJ really make us significantly worse this year?

No.  But while value contracts are great, this is our only shot to upgrade high end talent.  Teams with a bunch of value contracts don't win championships without also having 2-3 top end talent guys.  Right now we have one, and Murray trade is our only shot to get another (putting JJs development to the side)

18 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I see your argument about saving money. I never discuss the cap because it isn't my money being spent. Let's discuss the on-court fit of this trade scenario.

Bringing Reeves here, he presumably takes over for DJM as the #2 or #3? Now that he is permanently a part of the opposing team's game plan, does he still average that 18 ppg on 48%? I'm legit worried about him being able to step in and not have us be worse on the court, let alone improving our win/lose record. 

He's a good player, but I couldn't have him being the centerpiece in return for trading DJM. 

Hes on a completely diff team with LEbron and AD, its not even close, he is a very poor fit here unless we are able to increase the size of the team a lot

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky:....so not only Murray but Bogi too. :laugh1:

i_fd_da_0c_austin-reaves.png?w=190
Jake Fischer: I’ve been told that if Austin Reaves was put on the table, the Hawks would have much more interest naturally. Sure. But to your point, I’ve also, I’ve been led to believe that if Austin Reeves were to be going out the door being that the Lakers have adamantly told teams we are not moving last and readers think LA would have to have more such as Bogdan Bogdanovich

– via Apple Podcasts

I know it's largely fan fiction, but if the Hawks give Bogi away like they gave Huerter away, I'd probably just have to check out for the season.  He's not off limits to me, but he's a guy I'd love to see on the roster and if he's not, the return better bring back another useful and exciting player, imo.  

• Like 2