• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, GameTime said:

giphy.gif

This made me lol 

I get the general flustered sentiment around our FO right now, but Landry hasnt actually made any blunders, and this roster is still mostly reflective of Schlenk, so Im giving them time before I pass judgement.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Incoming:

• Over usage of the following words/phrases: culture, competitive, hard work, works hard, good player
  • WLOC
  • "With the 17th pick in the <20XX> NBA draft, the Atlanta Hawks select..."
  • Smart contracts
  • 1 Nationally Televised game
  • Every single Squawk thread:
    • Tank/No
    • We need a star/We had one
    • We made it to the ECF's with Trae/We did it in 2015 without him
    • Insider thread: "Don't expect the Hawks to do anything significant"
    • Defanse!TM, Quality VeteransTM, Serviceable Big ManTM
  • .ESPN's obligatory Annual Hawks story: Hawks backup PF involved in DUI stop
  • "We welcome you to back to <NOT ATLANTA> where the Hawks look to stave off First/Second round elimination, down 3-1.."

LOL

7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Can't stop laughing and my wife is having a serious conversation with a client on speaker phone next to me.  This women's mother is on her death bed and I'm seeing this.... 

My brother in Christ, leave the room 

Edited by LucastheThird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

As bad as things look right now, and they look really bad, things can get much worse.

Trades and all these trade ideas may or may not happen.  Injuries could happen to any NBA player at any time.  Makes one nervous just thinking about it.  This alone could wreck any trade mentioned here.

On my, "Please, do not trade list.  Our three draft picks from last summer."  Hawks have all these other players to move.  We don't know what we have until they get to play and 2 of the 3 have never played in the NBA.  

So far, front office has done nothing stupid in 2024 and we believe that they will not give away any player that we have now.  We hear that offers are coming in for several Hawks.  What a shock if nothing happens.  We never know for sure until it does.

We hear that only two Hawks are "no trade" members of the team.  Jalen Johnson and Trae Young and some are not really sure about Young, if the price is right.  It would take a major deal to move him.  What happens if we get that offer that we just can't refuse?  Guess that would mean, good by Trae!

Eligible Monday?  We have a game tonight and another Monday afternoon.  Tonight's game, then it's open season to trade!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Yesterday was embarrassing and the final straw for many in the organization. All the 4 main executives were seen meeting late last night and changes are coming as soon as Monday. Starts with DJM and probably capela but it won’t 

If they just send DJM to somebody for picks and scrubs I might just call it a day.  This is a low hanging franchise that never seems to improve.  If you don't get a significant talent for DJ you have downgraded.  Everybody wants to pile on him when number 11 is the man problem, he has gotten 2 head coaches fired.   I'm just 😠 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Lakers have had no discussions about trading Austin Reaves

Dejounte Murray is a player who definitely has the Lakers’ interest, and the Hawks certainly would ask for Austin Reaves initially in those talks. The Lakers, though, have shown no interest in trading Reaves despite some defensive regression this season, and even if they did flip him for Murray, there’s real skepticism that it would “move the needle” — a phrase you hear a lot when you talk to people about the Lakers and their deadline plans. If the cost to get Murray is a first-round pick and a win-now young player (the Raptors elected for two of those players in lieu of a first-round pick in their trade of OG Anunoby to the Knicks), the Lakers can’t really meet it without Reaves. Sources say there have been no discussions about trading Austin Reaves.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thisi s the weird part -- I can't imagine we really covet Reaves that much.  Why would we want a Bogi/Reaves rotation?  That's somehow even worse perimeter D than we have now.  So yeah, probably had no discussions around Reaves because our FO doesn't care about him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lakers have had no discussions about trading Austin Reaves

Dejounte Murray is a player who definitely has the Lakers’ interest, and the Hawks certainly would ask for Austin Reaves initially in those talks. The Lakers, though, have shown no interest in trading Reaves despite some defensive regression this season, and even if they did flip him for Murray, there’s real skepticism that it would “move the needle” — a phrase you hear a lot when you talk to people about the Lakers and their deadline plans. If the cost to get Murray is a first-round pick and a win-now young player (the Raptors elected for two of those players in lieu of a first-round pick in their trade of OG Anunoby to the Knicks), the Lakers can’t really meet it without Reaves. Sources say there have been no discussions about trading Austin Reaves.

Posturing.

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Thisi s the weird part -- I can't imagine we really covet Reaves that much.  Why would we want a Bogi/Reaves rotation?  That's somehow even worse perimeter D than we have now.  So yeah, probably had no discussions around Reaves because our FO doesn't care about him.

It doesn't fit the direction our coach has said either. Length, more weight, and toughness. None of that describes Reeves, so those talks never really got going in my opinion. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 1/8/2024 at 8:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

“The way it was explained to me was when they were trying to go get OG Anunoby they wanted to try and get both him and Dejounte Murray now what’s interesting to me is um I think the trade package for OG went a little different than what NY originally anticipated … there had been talks even dating back to last year with RJ but the difference was instead of Quickley there were going to be picks going to Toronto, and instead Toronto opted to get a guy like Immanuel Quickley… valued at 2 first-round picks in their eyes … after I touched on Dejounte you see a lot more reports following that about well whether Atlanta is really considering moving him or not. The biggest thing with Atlanta is they are underwhelming right now… Dejounte and Trae were never an ideal backcourt fit…Knick fans have asked me about Jalen Brunson and Dejounte, and I don’t think on paper it’s ideal as well… what I would say was it shows a little bit of a shift in thinking in the sense that a guy like OG defensively like a guy like Dejounte it would fit the mold of (Thibs) and more of the identity they are trying to go. If they wind up getting Dejounte Murray at some point … when Jalen Brunson goes to the bench you have Dejounte Murray as your lead ball handler”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2