• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

KAT is not going to be available.  Not with the ownership group they have in place right now.

Their top 4 guys ( Ant, KAT, Gobert, McDaniels ) are locked in through 2026, unless Gobert opts out and tests the market in the summer of 2025.  If not, they're good through 2026.

Conley drops off the books this season, and may re-sign with them at a far lower price if the demand for him is low this summer.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why Minny would trade KAT, outside of a 1st round meltdown in the playoffs.

KAT salary next year is a massive problem. He's due anywhere from 50 to 55 million in year one 

If i wasn't driving. I could tell you the industry's take 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This man and his GM and his Head of BB operations are genius.

They knew that the Hawks wouldn't know what to do with talent.   So they would take what was precious from the Hawks... (Draft picks) and just wait for them to come back begging for those picks... and then they could take the one talented piece from the Hawks (Trae Young)...  They play 3D Chess.. Not Checkers.   And the Dumbass fans will be so relieved to get First round picks back that they would think that getting the next Kevin Knox or the next DeAndre Hunter would be better than having talented players who have proven themselves already...

7d606fd5a1dc0bad537138b0f5d901af.gif

100% FACTS!

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

KAT salary next year is a massive problem. He's due anywhere from 50 to 55 million in year one 

If i wasn't driving. I could tell you the industry's take 

You squawkin' and drivin'?  Careful.  I could say some stuff that'd get you to pull right off the road. 

Im kickin around some new nicknames for you, btw.  What do you think of 'Casual Supes'. 

🏃‍♀️

• Haha 3

@Mikey - I think I know who you are from other platforms.  So I know you're connected somewhat.

And I know you're a pretty big Quin Snyder supporter.  So tell me 3 things that Quin can do, that will improve the fortunes of the Hawks in the future?  Because right now, he doesn't impress me one bit as a coach at all.   I know his regular season track record in Utah.  I also know his post season track record there too.

This is a guy that blew a 2 - 0 lead to the Clippers, once Doc exposed Gobert defensively . . and Quin had no counter for it.

I need you to provide me some confidence that Quin Snyder is indeed a "high level coach", and not just some coach that feeds off of star talent.  Is he really the right guy for the job, to lead the Hawks into a "retool" or a "rebuild"?

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why Minny would trade KAT, outside of a 1st round meltdown in the playoffs.

They got $163M in their top 4 guys locked in for next season.  Tax floor is estimated at $172M.  Add in Nas Reid and them picking up club options on their cheap rookies and they're already at $184.5M.  Now figure out how you fill the rest of the roster in... now include the repeater tax... retaining KAT is going to be nearly impossible for them after this season and the only way I see them doing it is if they win a chip.  This is Minnesota, that team ain't raking in money like the Celtics, Lakers, etc.  And they don't have Steve Ballmer burning up his microsoft money on the franchise.  I'd be happy to make a flair bet one of Gobert or KAT are gone from Minny after next season (most likely KAT though cus perception and fit).

JS

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The latest I got is Atlanta is doing everything to add a star that fits better to Trae and JJ. They aren't going to do that with any low ball offers. 

This is their hope for sure. I think they will end up surfacing the landscape and realize that person to fix them isn’t out there. I think the staff will have some very harsh conversations this summer 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

They got $163M in their top 4 guys locked in for next season.  Tax floor is estimated at $172M.  Add in Nas Reid and them picking up club options on their cheap rookies and they're already at $184.5M.  Now figure out how you fill the rest of the roster in... now include the repeater tax... retaining KAT is going to be nearly impossible for them after this season and the only way I see them doing it is if they win a chip.  This is Minnesota, that team ain't raking in money like the Celtics, Lakers, etc.  And they don't have Steve Ballmer burning up his microsoft money on the franchise.  I'd be happy to make a flair bet one of Gobert or KAT are gone from Minny after next season (most likely KAT though cus perception and fit).

JS

It's the 2nd apron that's the problem 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

JS

They're going to keep KAT.  Gobert will be the one likely to be gone.

And I fully expect them to bit the bullet next year from a tax standpoint, if they get to the NBA Finals or win a title.

Everybody isn't scary or operates on the cheap, like the Hawks tend to do.

29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If that happens, kiss all of the build up to get fans to come back to the games goodbye.

What in the hell do you think will happen to the Spurs, if you give them Trae to pair with Wemby?

Where do the Hawks think they'll be drafting from?

Right now, Quin Snyder is a FRAUD coach.  With all of this so-called good talent we have here, he's even worse than Nate.

Name one great adjustment he's made this season, other than telling everyone to jack up 3s?  He is not a defensive coach.  So you sell the franchise potential Hall of Fame player, just because you can't build the damn team correctly around him?

I've been a 40 year fan of this team.  And I will be a "fan" until I die.

But if they sell him off to San Antonio, the Hawks become a passive team that I follow, instead of a team a fervently follow

They lose me as a hard core fan, because I've seen this movie time and time again as a franchise.  No more trips to the A.  No more jersey buying.  None of that shit.

I personally don't GAF if Trae does ask for a trade in the near future.  You definitely don't do it until you get an equal or greater star package back that can IMMEDIATELY contribute.  You don't do it for no damn draft picks.

I will treat them like I treat the Cincinnati Reds these days.  Check on them every once in a while.  Cheer for them when they're winning.  But don't expect me to be emotionally involved as a fan from game to game.

All of that shit is DONE, if they trade a guy like Trae, and don't even attempt to build the right team around him.

I think I'd be with you... I've been a fan close to 40 years myself and I moved away from the A 10 years ago. I've since flown and driven all over the country to see games in GS, SAC, LA, DEN, DAL multiple times to be that one Hawk fan in the other teams arena, loud as hell. 

This clown parade is not the people I wanna give my efforts to. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And I fully expect them to bit the bullet next year from a tax standpoint, if they get to the NBA Finals or win a title.

Gobert ain't going nowhere. 

He's their best player along with Ant

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Theyre in the tax this year.  They will have to go into the second apron like Supes said next year which is very punitive… its estimated to be $180M and they will have to clear that to retain them both.  Not abt being cheap, its abt being smart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Theyre in the tax this year.  They will have to go into the second apron like Supes said next year which is very punitive… its estimated to be $180M and they will have to clear that to retain them both.  Not abt being cheap, its abt being smart

Their not in the LT this year but next year, they are due to be in the LT and in the 2nd apron which has automatic restrictions 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If that happens, kiss all of the build up to get fans to come back to the games goodbye.

What in the hell do you think will happen to the Spurs, if you give them Trae to pair with Wemby?

Where do the Hawks think they'll be drafting from?

Right now, Quin Snyder is a FRAUD coach.  With all of this so-called good talent we have here, he's even worse than Nate.

Name one great adjustment he's made this season, other than telling everyone to jack up 3s?  He is not a defensive coach.  So you sell the franchise potential Hall of Fame player, just because you can't build the damn team correctly around him?

I've been a 40 year fan of this team.  And I will be a "fan" until I die.

But if they sell him off to San Antonio, the Hawks become a passive team that I follow, instead of a team a fervently follow

They lose me as a hard core fan, because I've seen this movie time and time again as a franchise.  No more trips to the A.  No more jersey buying.  None of that shit.

I personally don't GAF if Trae does ask for a trade in the near future.  You definitely don't do it until you get an equal or greater star package back that can IMMEDIATELY contribute.  You don't do it for no damn draft picks.

I will treat them like I treat the Cincinnati Reds these days.  Check on them every once in a while.  Cheer for them when they're winning.  But don't expect me to be emotionally involved as a fan from game to game.

All of that shit is DONE, if they trade a guy like Trae, and don't even attempt to build the right team around him.

Agree 100%.  

• Like 3