• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't understand just throwing away AJ instead of sending him to the GL to at least rehab some of his value.

I don't either. And if this has to do with Quinn's relationship with him, this is my first real strike against Quinn. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

If the trade was just DM for Grimes, Fournier and two firsts that are projected to be in the 20's it would be a garbage trade that is likely to tank the team for the next 5 years or more.  Add in AJ and a second from us and it is an absolute middle finger to the fan base.

I would not like it either, particularly with heavy protections, but it would make more sense than what has been proposed here.

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

AJ is definitely not better than Grimes. 

hard disagree. You've just got your Sally Jesse Rafael glasses on and you've forgotten how good AJ is. 

If he gets traded, you will see it and be sad. 

50 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you find a good deal before the trade deadline then trade.  If you don't get a good deal, don't just take the best currently available.  There is no rush on DM.  If you are going to "desperation" trade someone make it someone other than him.   But maybe you need to be willing to hold your cards and not take any terrible trades just to send a message that the dump trades are done.  (In which case, we may end up letting Bey walk but I'd rather have that than taking bad deals just to do something because I think that leads to a very ugly situation in place for the next 5 years.)

💯

• Moderators
1 minute ago, warcore said:

this is exactly what I'm sayin!! Be the one that stays on your toes while some of the other jackasses are mailing it in because there's no Tim Duncan/LeBron, and it will pay dividends. Now I'm confused if we're arguing or dancing??? 🤔

If we agree that future stars are no more likely to fall in drafts that lack a clear #1 pick then we aren't disagreeing about anything.  There is zero reason for scouts for teams with picks in the middle to late parts of the first round to mail it in just because there is no Tim Duncan in a given draft class.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is zero reason for scouts for teams with picks in the middle to late parts of the first round to mail it in just because there is no Tim Duncan in a given draft class.

I completely agree. Travis never mailed it in regardless of the draft class. He was outstanding at finding mid first round gems. 

But do you remember Danny Ferry's drafting? I think he was using those European scouting trips as vacations. Every single pick he made, immediate sad face upon the announcement..... otherwise he was great at making trades and good with contracts. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I call BS. AJ being included is a dead giveaway this is fake. Hawks don’t have to include him bc NYK would still do that trade 100% without him in there. 

Why is AJ being involved the dead give away? He hasn't touched the court in any meaningful minutes this season and went batshit crazy this summer.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, warcore said:

But do you remember Danny Ferry's drafting? I think he was using those European scouting trips as vacations. Every single pick he made, immediate sad face upon the announcement..... otherwise he was great at making trades and good with contracts. 

And Ferry isn't the worst drafter in our history.  We've had some really terrible drafters in our GM spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I see, from the outrage, that yall are still working under the assumption that we have an experienced GM that knows what TF he's doing.

Do yall also believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny too?  Actually, I take that back, the Bunny is definitely real.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I see, from the outrage, that yall are still working under the assumption that we have an experienced GM that knows what TF he's doing.

Do yall also believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny too?  Actually, I take that back, the Bunny is definitely real.

I'm outraged cus I saw Landry at the game Wednesday and fist bumped him and said "I know you're working hard" and he said "yes sir" and from all the reports I've seen, he aint working hard

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm outraged cus I saw Landry at the game Wednesday and fist bumped him and said "I know you're working hard" and he said "yes sir" and from all the reports I've seen, he aint working hard

This is the silly season of misinformation and rumors leaked by teams trying to create leverage for themselves.  I try not to take much too seriously when you see the media reports.  I am assuming our current front office is not good at manipulating the media so what we would see is generally going to paint a worse picture for us.  Will judge the ultimate moves that are made and just comment on potential deals in the meantime for discussion purposes.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Why is AJ being involved the dead give away? He hasn't touched the court in any meaningful minutes this season and went batshit crazy this summer.

Bc DJM is the best player in the trade by far. We shouldn’t have to give up AJ too to get that bum return from the Knicks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Agree 100%, was just making a light hearted joke, although I'm not as good as it as @kg01

Don't let @AHF harsh your mellow.  It was a fine joke.  AH is paid to have no sense of humor.

Whats that?  They don't pay him?  Then how does he explain the massive stick up his ....  just kidding, guy who can bann me. 😏

• Haha 4