• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Well, you have to start from the fact that OG's numbers are much better than Dejounte's:

image.png

Then you have to factor economics into the situation.  OG is an UFA who you will have to pay a lot more for in FA and who could possibly walk.  Since DM costs a lot less and is under contract for 4 years, he must be worth less. 

Therefore, when you add it all up the return on trading OG >> DJ.

What OG numbers are better? And how does DJM being under contract for 4 years make him worth less than a UFA that you will have to overpay for? Did you just troll us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Well, you have to start from the fact that OG's numbers are much better than Dejounte's:

image.png

Then you have to factor economics into the situation.  OG is an UFA who you will have to pay a lot more for in FA and who could possibly walk.  Since DM costs a lot less and is under contract for 4 years, he must be worth less. 

Therefore, when you add it all up the return on trading OG >> DJ.

LOL.  Exactly.   Why can't we pull a trade like this.   And for that matter why didn't we trade for OG.   Knicks just casually grab OG.  They gave up two good players to do it though and Toronto also got better.   Meanwhile we're sending out the 'hottest' trade prospect in the leage for 5ppg guys and picks in the next decade.  geezus 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

I can't imagine how that job interview would go....

Falcons: "So, tell us about a time in which the odds were against you and you overcame them, and how you overcame them"

Now this is comedy gold.  So many layers.

Speaking of layers and comedy, I had a an eggcellent joke about Bawb being the source, and *ahem* the Watergate source, and a random night in the 70's.  But it was so over the line, it made me blush so I chose not to post. 

:Bob:  Probably a good idea.  Nobody's called me deep throat since..... 

Heeey, come on, man. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Tony Ressler did lasting harm to the franchise by refusing the pay the LT. Year in and year out. They traded away two starters for practically nothing in back to back seasons. The other teams took notice. Once you get the reputation of being cheap and handing away players...that is hard to shake. 

There's a reason teams feel comfortable giving out bad trade offers to the Hawks. It will take the Hawks actually paying the LT under Ressler frankly for this stigma to go away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Chris Haynes had a quote circling on twitter about Trae wanting to play for a contender and he hopes this trade can help them do that. 

the internal pressure has reached the media. Imagine a trade request will come soon maybe as early as the summer. He’s gonna find a way to get to San Antonio and hawks will finally rebuild like they should 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think that's true...Minny for the first time are atop the standings, anyone thinking they're making a trade at the deadline is delusional.

I agree but there was a bunch of talk about it.  

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That best Bucks offer has us getting back a first and AJ also included in the deal just FYI.

So Murray and AJ for Bobby Portis, Pat Connaughton, MarJon Beauchamp, a 1st and 2 2nds?