• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

This would be a fail of epic proportions.  There's no way you can sell that as a win to your star player and fanbase.

They DGAF.  All these losses are gonna be pinned on one guys resume.  They see which way the wind is blowing.  They gonna let the player shoulder the blame while they sit in the other owners faces laughing about not being able to build a winner with him.  And gonna revel in all the pats on the head for helping the Lakers. 

• Sad 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They DGAF.  All these losses are gonna be pinned on one guys resume.  They see which way the wind is blowing.  They gonna let the player shoulder the blame while they sit in the other owners faces laughing about not being able to build a winner with him.  And gonna revel in all the pats on the head for helping the Lakers. 

Man!  I thought Nick Ressler and Trae were tight.  If they do that to Trae, that's nasty work.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Man!  I thought Nick Ressler and Trae were tight.  If they do that to Trae, that's nasty work.

You think he's gonna risk losing his allowance for Trae?  Shiiiiiiii..... 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Doesn’t surprise me one bit. Dinwiddie an expiring and Brooklyn needs players under contract. 

You agree Dinwiddie has zero value - just expiring filler right?  Just trying to see if we are on the same page here.

(As an aside, we are $10M under the tax line and Dejounte is on a great value contract so we definitely don't "need" to get out from under his deal like we did with JC or Huerter.)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, AHF said:

You agree Dinwiddie has zero value - just expiring filler right?  Just trying to see if we are on the same page here.

(As an aside, we are $10M under the tax line and Dejounte is on a great value contract so we definitely don't "need" to get out from under his deal like we did with JC or Huerter.)

It's next season's salary. DJ's $24 mil for next season they are getting rid of. But yes.....talent out to save money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's next season's salary. DJ's $24 mil for next season they are getting rid of.

Smh.  How did we get here?  Oh, I know how.  It's because the (cl)ownership never died. 

Bring back the A$G!  Atleast they didn't pretend to be competent. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

A thought just hit me.....they're funning us right :laugh1:. Jokes on us getting riled up with this supposed trade.....gotta be an early April fool's joke. They're :stirthepot: while we go crazy 🤪 .....only to yell SURPRISE.

or maybe we're in an alternate universe.

We're all gonna be

giphy.gif

.....they got us good. Take a bow Messy Ressy and Lil Nicky :thank_you: the joke's on us

Spoiler

I don't believe this for one minute, :blanky::cray:

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

If @Mikey is correct this Lakers 2029 FRP is some kind of platinum level of currency to other team's when we could use it to bring in KAT or Zion. 

Anything less than bringing in a star in the offseason means I'm emotionally out as a fan until Ressler sells the team. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, GameTime said:

Expect another underwhelming Atlanta sports move like the Raheem Morris hire?

I like the Morris hire..

Sick of all of the flashy  "young hot coordinators"...

Dude has HC experience and hes coached on both sides of the ball.. Won a SB as DC.. 

I think he deserves another chance..

He Got a bad wrap in Tampa after they started tearing down the team imo..

PLus they announced He and the GM reports directly to Blank...

McKay no longer in football operations...

He can stick to scheduling concerts and shit.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bring back the A$G!  Atleast they didn't pretend to be competent. 

Jury is out on the front office until they get to work for someone who isn't

- "Frequently" (his term) talking with them about basketball things (2022 interview w/ Kirschner)

- Openly and consciously per his own words sending mixed and/or cloudy signals as to his attitude about paying tax (2022 interview w/ Kirschner)

- More "impatient" (his term) than anyone else among team leadership (2022 interview w/ Kirschner)

- So impatient that he confesses embarrassment to have only learned what he learned in the 18 months between promoting his former GM to VPoBo and firing him (2023 interview w/ Schultz)

- Predisposed to lying as he feels led to tamp down the real story in favor of one that puts things in a light he prefers (2023 interview w/ Schultz)

- Predisposed to invite criticism of the front office's leadership (2023 interview with Schultz) and to intervene if the top basketball decision-maker isn't satisfactorily bowing to others' preferences (2023 interview w/ Schultz)

- Challenging his front office's ideas (2023 interview w/ Schlutz)

- Injecting into the war room the owner's son--how weird to have an eyes-wide-open mole--and, related, who isn't

- So self-UNaware as to believe that everyone loves the mole's presence while in the sentences just before (s'helpme) indicating that anyone who said otherwise isn't with the team any longer (2023 interview w/ Schultz)

- Fickle (both interviews)

- Duplicitous, words that claim one priority, and actions that are consistent with a different priority (interviews combined with reality of the facts of what decisions were made)

Landry and Kyle may be great. They may be average. They may be piss poor. Hard to tell... after all, they've been commissioned to sail a ship under that kind of boss.

Sad, truly, because the boss really does want to win, I believe... he's not lost at very much in his professional life if his wealth is any indication, and that's clearly a plus for any front office.

But bottom line and based on the indisputable evidence of recent years, that highest priority isn't winning on the court, but winning on the spreadsheet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

We sound like the Falcons.   What a dumbass move they made today. 

Bunch of clowns in these two organizations I tell ya.  

How do yall know if the Falcons made a bad move? Can we at least wait to see who he bring in as OC/DC?

Let me guess yall wanted old ass Belichek who hasnt done anything right since Tom Brady left?

Or did yall want the next hot Coordinator wth no HC experience again?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3