• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

3 hours ago, Jody23 said:

At this point, I don't think anything happens with Murray prior to the deadline.  With all eyes on him, he's reminded the league of his true value and the Hawks know they would be seen as suckas if they accepted these trash offers.  However, you can count on the Hawks making a cost cutting move to duck the luxury tax for next season ala John Collins and Kevin Huerter.

They are under the LT for next year. 

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

That's not counting resigning Bey and the two first round picks though. 

Unless they move up in the top 4, they still won't be in the LT. Resigning Bey is a completely different story. 

• Like 1

This just in..

NO TRADE! STAND PAT!!! 

We comin. We are getting our roles straight, Embiid is out and only 4.5 games out of the top 6 with 33 games to go.

NO TRADES!

-Outsiders

IMG_2899.jpeg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

That's not counting resigning Bey and the two first round picks though. 

They also have to start preparing to extend Jalen.  I wonder, if they don't move Capela by the deadline will they ever move him?  He becomes an expiring deal next season, right?  I'm sure other teams would covet that, but so will the Hawks.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

They also have to start preparing to extend Jalen.  I wonder, if they don't move Capela by the deadline will they ever move him?  He becomes an expiring deal next season, right?  I'm sure other teams would covet that, but so will the Hawks.

Not only that, are we going into next season as is but minus Bey and more Rookies? Are we gonna bank again on 'internal improvement' again? We would not have solved our depth problem like we are having this season.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

An JJ extension can happen with ease by simply letting Capela and Bogi walk

JJ extension is for the 2025-26 cap. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

An JJ extension can happen with ease by simply letting Capela and Bogi walk

JJ extension is for the 2025-26 cap. 

Capela yes...Bogi No, owed $16 mil in 2025/26

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If this is how we're gonna operate financially, it makes it even more egregious that AJ's year is being wasted.  We absolutely need production from guys on rookie contracts.

AJ has to have something serious going on behind the scenes.  The way no one in the org discusses him at all and stuff is too weird.  Plus the personal time out and his dad getting fired.  And his dad begin accused are very serious neglect/liability related to his grandsons death, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I'll say this, if the Hawks accept one of these salary dump deals for Murray (prior to the deadline or not) then it's not a basketball move.  I won't be upset with Landry, Kyle, or Quin.  All the heat should go to Ressler and ownership.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I'll say this, if the Hawks accept one of these salary dump deals for Murray (prior to the deadline or not) then it's not a basketball move.  I won't be upset with Landry, Kyle, or Quin.  All the heat should go to Ressler and ownership.

No argument about the main thrust of the deal.  If we get a late pick and expiring salary, I’m still blasting Landry and co for not getting better assets attached to an expiring.  He is too good and on too good of a contract to to get real value.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Within the context of a GM doing his job adequately, I agree.  Landry has to do his best.  But the fact that we're even talking about this being the goals of a return for Murray is embarrassing.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Within the context of a GM doing his job adequately, I agree.  Landry has to do his best.  But the fact that we're even talking about this being the goals of a return for Murray is embarrassing.

Most of us have been saying that should never be the goal so I still hope it isn’t.  Some insider feedback has indicated that getting a bigger fish is the goal.  TBD.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Most of us have been saying that should never be the goal so I still hope it isn’t.  Some insider feedback has indicated that getting a bigger fish is the goal.  TBD.

That would make the most basketball sense.  Let's see how much ownership cares about basketball.

31 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I'm not going all prisoner of the moment on this team after a 4 game stretch when we have a 1.5+ season sample size that shows this roster is terribly flawed. Plus, we've given up 73 and 60 point games in the last week...yikes. We don't need to stand pat. We need to try and keep improving the roster.

I hope we make a play for defense by the deadline and and if Bey and Cap aren't in our plans after this season....get something for them.

That might require us to take on a contract and that's not something we want to do.