• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not that simple.  Remember Porzi agreed to re-sign in BOS which is the main reason that trade even happened.  It's not "just the deal". 

And this is what happened with OG and Siakam too.  They didn't want to come to Atlanta.  So that to me is why pinning hope on us finding another star is foolish when we can't even get these second tier players to come here.  We've got to build with what we have and find more guys like Sap, Korver, Gallo, Bogi, LouWill who contribute at a high level but are underappreciated or under used where they are. 

We're not going in the tax for any one player.  We're going into it to maximize our Trae years.   It's the best we can do and we've seen that when you do it right it's pretty damn good. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So that to me is why pinning hope on us finding another star is foolish when we can't even get these second tier players to come here.

This isn’t true though. DJM wanted to be here and we also got the biggest name coach on the market here.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Y'all want to hate on Bey but we'd be in really bad shape without him.  And his D has improved.  I wish a few other guys on his team would have his motor and toughness. 

He's exactly what you want in a guy coming off the bench or having to do spot starting.  

Assume we'd get Okoro or Delon but not both.  We really need a backup 4.  

No hate from me regarding Bey. 

I'm just cognizant of the fact that they could not come to terms on an extension this past offseason. I don't trust that Messy Ressy will open his cheque book.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Possible.  I wanted Porzo too so I'm not fightin the feelin'.  I just think league politics and backroom deals would've killed us there. 

I hear ya. It’s just frustrating to hear we might be “buyers” now when 2 guys who would’ve fit perfectly with Trae were right there for the taking and we didn’t jump…or didn’t jump hard enough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have heard that Messy Ressy realizes his refusal to pay the LT has handicapped the FO and their ability to make trades or sign players. So going into the first LT apron is perhaps going to finally happen.

As I have said many times I will believe we are paying the LT when it actually happens. 

This smells. 

Same thing was said regarding the offseason...lil Nicky was gonna convince Daddy to pay it. Bunch-a-Bologna.

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As much as I loathe even the slightest suggestion that hotSupes was right about something, it's clear Bey is better when Hunter plays (i.e. takes pressure off Bey).

I still think AJ is our best bet for acquiring frontcourt help we need.  Pick CHA's carcass.  Get PJ Washington and Nick Richards.  

We have AJ and the SAC 2024 1st as immediate assets to upgrade the team.

50 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Y'all want to hate on Bey but we'd be in really bad shape without him.  And his D has improved.  I wish a few other guys on his team would have his motor and toughness. 

He's exactly what you want in a guy coming off the bench or having to do spot starting.  

Assume we'd get Okoro or Delon but not both.  We really need a backup 4.  

Man h3ll nah. I'm sorry but I feel like I've now been voted "Hater of the year," but I don't care.  Bey is NOT a person you go into luxury for.  Good lord this is the bizarro world and thinking like that keeps you in mediocre territory.  Aim freaking high for once people. MOTOR. MOTOR. People love motors, but so what.  He is a Pinto Running down hill. A good gust of wind and it's headed the other way.  No!

If I'm in the FO and he's the guy and wants an extension....  My response is simple :

IMG_0599.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have AJ and the SAC 2024 1st as immediate assets to upgrade the team.

We were told that everybody but JJ and Trae were available.  Then, at Quin's request, Murray was added to the short list.  This does not mean that we're having a fire sale.  Front office would consider a trade of any of them if "the price is right!"

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

damn who's having a worse trade deadline, Ressler or our Insiders?  They been right about a single thing in the past couple months?

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has definitely taken a shift for the negative in terms of the opinions of Squawkers.

✋....I usually take in a few games throughout the season. I've only been to the opening night game. I'm keeping my money in my pocket for the rest of this season. We'll see what the offseason brings.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

They have shared a lot of posts along the lines of "the front office is looking for X" that were then followed by reports in the wider media that backed that up. 

Have you considered the possibility of the wider media swiping it from here? Honest question...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

AJ for Okoro (or Grimes) is a move that actually tracks. Delon, too. 
For as much that’s been said about the FO valuing/wanting to upgrade defense and toughness, it never ever made any sense to me that they wanted Austin Reaves in exchange for DJ. 

7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

AJ for Okoro (or Grimes) is a move that actually tracks. Delon, too. 
For as much that’s been said about the FO valuing/wanting to upgrade defense and toughness, it never ever made any sense to me that they wanted Austin Reaves in exchange for DJ. 

I question the okoro move since he's duento be paid.  What's delon wright's contract status? 

• Like 4