• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who can take the 5 player challenge without Cheating?

Diesel

• Premium Member

@TheNorthCydeRises  @bird_dirt @Final_quest

This challenge is for you.  Without cheating and looking up the player.  Put these players in order.   All PFs...  Your muse included.  We want to see what you really think...

Player 1.

image.png

image.png

Player 2.  

image.png

image.png

Player 3.  

image.png

image.png

Player 4.

image.png

image.png

Player 5.

image.png

image.png

Rank them from 1 - 5.  With 1 being the highest. 

For example....

1. Player 5
  2. Player 4
  3. Player 3
  4. Player 2
  5. Player 1

Prove to yourself that you're not name worshipping. 

image.png

I can barely read those numbers, but I don't see the point in playing a gotcha game.  I understand people who don't like the Siakam move. 

Speak plainly.  What's the better plan?  They are standing pat currently, but working the phones. 

Siakam is the guy for me because he's actually available, and he's available because he's overpriced.  Jerami Grant is the only other impact guy I can come up with who is actually available.  Kyle Kuzma is a no from me.  

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I can barely read those numbers, but I don't see the point in playing a gotcha game.  I understand people who don't like the Siakam move. 

Speak plainly.  What's the better plan?  They are standing pat currently, but working the phones. 

Siakam is the guy for me because he's actually available, and he's available because he's overpriced.  Jerami Grant is the only other impact guy I can come up with who is actually available.  Kyle Kuzma is a no from me.  

Lot of complaining here.  The point is are we just name worshipping or is this a player that you can see is truly as good as you say he is.  I have given you some random PFs... believe me totally random...  and placed your guy in the mix...  if you can look at the numbers without looking or thinking about the names... and rank them HONESTLY.. it says a lot about how you evaluate.

If you have to look and say.. Uhm.. that looks like this guy or that guy... it also says a lot about how you evaluate. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I don't see the point in playing a gotcha game. 

It's not really a gotcha game.   I'm just asking you to be honest with yourself.   It makes you reflect on how YOU make evaluations.   You are not proving anything to me.  I'm not judging your evaluation.   Not really.   I just want you to go through the process and prove to yourself that you are not name worshipping.   Remember, if you're spending time trying to figure out who is who.. then your evaluation is based on name recognition.... and the current stats (what they are doing now) don't matter as much.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Speak plainly.  What's the better plan? 

Not selecting a guy because he has a big name. 

A better plan..

1.  Hold on until JJ comes back.
  2. Start making evaluation from when JJ comes back until the trade deadline. 
  3. See who is available at the deadline if a trade needs to happen. 

We shouldn't rush in to a trade just because we know that Toronto doesn't want to pay him the Max Max.   Maybe he's not worthy of the Max Max.  Maybe he's not worth the Max.   Maybe we're better than many of our fanbase believe and it has just taken time for our guys to learn the system. 

So the better plan is to be opportunistic and not desperate. 

Take the guys with the highest VORP, which may indicate that they're high level offensive players, or guys who are all around versatile.  We need all around or impact talent.  Not one trick ponies

Player 2  - 1.2 VORP ... possible all-star production 

Player 4 - 0.7 VORP

Player 3 - 0.6 VORP

Player 5 - 0.5 VORP

Player 1 - 0.2 VORP

Only Trae and Bogi has a VORP above 0.6.

So 2, 4, and 3 are the target. Get 5 if no one else is available. Leave 1 completely the hell alone.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Thanks 1

#2 has the best free throw % of any of the five, .896, which is very good.  If I'm going to choose one of them, #2 gets my vote simply because he's the most accurate at the free throw line.

:smug:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Ouch. I felt that one.

Btw who is player 2? It is really hard to read those numbers. It looks like player 2 is the best so far I'm assuming this is this season?

You would approve of Player #2, Soth.  That's all I'm gonna say 😜

Definitely not #1.  #2 is best. 

The middle three are kind of a wash.  Depends on their intangibles.  Although #5 is only rebounding at 3.8 per game.  And #3 is shooting 20% from 3.  

I know which one is Siakam just by the 3p%.  Is that cheating?  Still want Siakam for the right price.

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Not selecting a guy because he has a big name. 

A better plan..

1.  Hold on until JJ comes back.
  2. Start making evaluation from when JJ comes back until the trade deadline. 
  3. See who is available at the deadline if a trade needs to happen. 

We shouldn't rush in to a trade just because we know that Toronto doesn't want to pay him the Max Max.   Maybe he's not worthy of the Max Max.  Maybe he's not worth the Max.   Maybe we're better than many of our fanbase believe and it has just taken time for our guys to learn the system. 

So the better plan is to be opportunistic and not desperate. 

I guess that's the question.  Is Siakam opportunity or desperation? 

I'd like to give him a chance and would really like to know if Tony has walked away from the idea of bringing in anybody who would cost as much as Siakam.  

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I guess that's the question.  Is Siakam opportunity or desperation? 

I'd like to give him a chance and would really like to know if Tony has walked away from the idea of bringing in anybody who would cost as much as Siakam.  

At the price he would cost, it's desperation. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

At the price he would cost, it's desperation. 

I’d say it depends on the price but won’t presume to know what the final price will look like when the Raptors strike out for their targets and realize they have an expiring FA they don’t want to pay next year and can’t get what they want.

• Like 1