• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We got some winnable games coming up.

Diesel

• Premium Member

We could have another 5 game streak.

The thing is.. it feels like we play all the damn time.  My wife has even noticed that the Hawks have played consistently and we have a B2B coming...   we must have this stretch we are in as 8 games in 11 days or something like that. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

We could have another 5 game streak.

The thing is.. it feels like we play all the damn time.  My wife has even noticed that the Hawks have played consistently and we have a B2B coming...   we must have this stretch we are in as 8 games in 11 days or something like that. 

that's good.  Literally the only chance this team has of making the playoffs is if they get to play 20-30 more games than everyone else.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, shakes said:

that's good.  Literally the only chance this team has of making the playoffs is if they get to play 20-30 more games than everyone else.

image.png

Playoffs?  maybe.  Play in we'd almost have to tank to not make the playin.   None of these teams below us are even going to try the rest of the way.  

image.png

And these guys aren't very scary either. 

So I'd say our chance of actually being in a first round playoff series is........

4c3d643d-41bf-462d-8e36-72501baf1dbd_tex

• Like 2

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

image.png

Playoffs?  maybe.  Play in we'd almost have to tank to not make the playin.   None of these teams below us are even going to try the rest of the way.  

image.png

And these guys aren't very scary either. 

So I'd say our chance of actually being in a first round playoff series is........

4c3d643d-41bf-462d-8e36-72501baf1dbd_tex

sweet! Can't wait for a 3rd consecutive opening round ass kicking vs a #1 or #2 seed!

(insert treadmill gif here)

• Like 1

This Hawks team has a bad habit of playing down to its competition.  That said, these are exactly the type of games the team should be winning to help create some momentum - if not for this season then optimism for next season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Packfill said:

This Hawks team has a bad habit of playing down to its competition.  That said, these are exactly the type of games the team should be winning to help create some momentum - if not for this season then optimism for next season.

next season?  This season is such crap that even @Spud2nique is only going to predict a 55 win season next year.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Time to focus on the upcoming games and see what the plan is for the rest of the season.  There are a few things to figure out:

1. Will OO be the starter for the rest of the season, we really need to figure out what we have with him?

2. Will Kobe remain in the GLeague for most of the season or will Quin start be incorporating him into the team.

3. What to do with AJ?  This cannot be the answer, whatever this is.

4. Will we keep or waive Patty and/or Wes so they can join playoff teams?

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Time to focus on the upcoming games and see what the plan is for the rest of the season.  There are a few things to figure out:

1. Will OO be the starter for the rest of the season, we really need to figure out what we have with him?

2. Will Kobe remain in the GLeague for most of the season or will Quin start be incorporating him into the team.

3. What to do with AJ?  This cannot be the answer, whatever this is.

4. Will we keep or waive Patty and/or Wes so they can join playoff teams?

He agrees with me:

• Like 3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He agrees with me:

Yes, yes, yes, yes to all of this.  While the Hawks seem to have no real vision they better have one objective in mind for everything they do between now and the start of next season:  grow the  young players and make moves with the goal of being substantially better (talent, fit, etc.) than they are today.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Yes, yes, yes, yes to all of this.  While the Hawks seem to have no real vision they better have one objective in mind for everything they do between now and the start of next season:  grow the  young players and make moves with the goal of being substantially better (talent, fit, etc.) than they are today.

I agree.

Don't wait until next season to start to give Bufkin and whomever meaningful minutes.  Build for whatever role they're going to play on the team next year, today.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'd start Trae/DJ/Hunter/JJ/OO.   Depending on the matchups I'd bring Capela in for Hunter and play big on some folks for a few minutes.   I'd start giving Kobe (or AJ?) Garrison's 5-10 first half minutes.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree.

Don't wait until next season to start to give Bufkin and whomever meaningful minutes.  Build for whatever role they're going to play on the team next year, today.

I agree with all this as well, but realistically if the Hawks are keeping Trae, DJM and Bogi next season Kobe and AJ will need to fight for the 4th guard minute scraps unless they make a deliberate move to cut down on the vets minutes.  There will of course be opportunities when injuries arise.

Right now I am really wishing the Hawks went with Whitmore over Kobe in the draft but time will tell.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Packfill said:

I agree with all this as well, but realistically if the Hawks are keeping Trae, DJM and Bogi next season Kobe and AJ will need to fight for the 4th guard minute scraps unless they make a deliberate move to cut down on the vets minutes.  There will of course be opportunities when injuries arise.

Right now I am really wishing the Hawks went with Whitmore over Kobe in the draft but time will tell.

Well i guess the supposed plan is to trade DJ for Kat and then start Kobe?  Guess we'll continue to thrust guys from G league to starter.   Not sure how long it will be before Kobe is as good as DJ is now though. 

Oh actually the other rumor was we'd get Dyson Daniels so he'd start at the 2 i guess.   

I'm down for changes at this point.  I think it's going to be a weird couple of years of Hawks trying to figure this out. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm down for changes at this point.  I think it's going to be a weird couple of years of Hawks trying to figure this out. 

We don't have that much time to mess around weirdly trying to fix this. 

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We don't have that much time to mess around weirdly trying to fix this. 

Well it's been weird so far.  Maybe the org figures it out.  Not a lot to pin hopes on though. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

A decision on Trent Forrest needs to be made soon, he has been active for 49 games and 2-way contracts allow for a maximum of 50 games.

The Hawks will need to do one of the following:

1. Sign Him to a regular NBA contract and waive someone on the team (Mat(t)hews, Patty)

2. Let him stay on his 2-way, so no more NBA Callups after 50th game.

3. Waive him and sign another 2 way player (currently Lundy and Vit are the other 2ways).

What should the Hawks do?