• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Onyeka Okongwu

theheroatl

31 minutes ago, AHF said:

They went from in the playoffs to out of the playoffs to get a lottery pick.  Sat Luka, etc.  It ended up netting them Derek Lively who is probably their third most important player on the roster going forward.

Yea then that would be an example of what teams are starting to consider.

13 hours ago, AHF said:

They went from in the playoffs to out of the playoffs to get a lottery pick.  Sat Luka, etc.  It ended up netting them Derek Lively who is probably their third most important player on the roster going forward.

Getting Lively and then trading for a productive vet that fits in Gafford has worked out tremendously for Dallas

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Forgot about this lil nugget:

Reminder that this is the same foot that suffered a sesamoid breakage during O's pre-draft process. Hawks are smart to take their time in not rushing this back, you don't want to risk a recurring foot injury with your young big, especially one who relies so much on his mobility.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.bd189e51c34836e62dbba1fa29b27c82.png

This is what happens when he gets starter minutes. keep telling you guys stop overthinking it. They have two of the three front court starters. Find the third that compliments the two

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

image.png.bd189e51c34836e62dbba1fa29b27c82.png

This is what happens when he gets starter minutes. keep telling you guys stop overthinking it. They have two of the three front court starters. Find the third that compliments the two

But he's not 7 foot tall.  He can't be a real center.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Again, registering my sadness we can't see him starting for an extended period of time.  It is still an open question in my mind whether he will put up the same numbers in a starting role that he has in a reserve role.  We saw a nice 5 game stretch but after a pair of 11 point games he got injured (again) and is out indefinitely.  

All too SSS to draw anything from but the fact that he was a net +1 in his 5 games as a starter and a net +25 in the 5 games before that coming off the bench is the type of thing I'd like to see play out over a much larger stretch of time.  5 game samples are effectively meaningless and we've only got 36 games starting over 4 years versus almost 200 games coming off the bench so definitely not enough for me to feel confident.  (But enough for me to be very interested in exploring him starting.)