• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Onyeka Okongwu

theheroatl

5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Not if we want to stay out of the play in and get a top 10 pick, I don't like.tsnking but I'm for it at this point, we need to shuffle the deck and we need.to.gain as much opportunities to do that as possible.  Hell maybe he is even feeling better and does well enough to get a little value out of him this summer.

I disagree with this.  First, there isn't a player worth it this year.  Second, the player pool that is available will likely only provide someone that will play most of the season in College Park and maybe give some spot minutes at the end of the season.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I disagree with this.  First, there isn't a player worth it this year.  Second, the player pool that is available will likely only provide someone that will play most of the season in College Park and maybe give some spot minutes at the end of the season.  

Well yes, thats the risk every year. Not to mention we don't need another year of ownership getting playoff revenue. This is why the league is in the position it is in with the lack of trades and being harder to build rosters out.  Many GM and NBA execs have talked about this, teams are less willing to deal at the trade deadline since the playin.  They also get that boost of revenue that aligns with acting like they are doing it for the fans to have that "chance".   You guys want Tony to take making moves more seriously? Then take that shit away from him, let him know he's moving backwards and can't even get to the playin because of the decisions they have made.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Not if we want to stay out of the play in and get a top 10 pick, I don't like.tsnking but I'm for it at this point, we need to shuffle the deck and we need.to.gain as much opportunities to do that as possible.  Hell maybe he is even feeling better and does well enough to get a little value out of him this summer.

You are basically advocating for what the Mavericks did last year, is that right?

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Not if we want to stay out of the play in and get a top 10 pick, I don't like.tanking but I'm for it at this point, we need to shuffle the deck and we need.to.gain as much opportunities to do that as possible.  Hell maybe he is even feeling better and does well enough to get a little value out of him this summer.

23 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Well yes, thats the risk every year. Not to mention we don't need another year of ownership getting playoff revenue. This is why the league is in the position it is in with the lack of trades and being harder to build rosters out.  Many GM and NBA execs have talked about this, teams are less willing to deal at the trade deadline since the playin.  They also get that boost of revenue that aligns with acting like they are doing it for the fans to have that "chance".   You guys want Tony to take making moves more seriously? Then take that shit away from him, let him know he's moving backwards and can't even get to the playin because of the decisions they have made.

I wish I could disagree with a lot of what you have laid out.

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Foreseeable Future????? Well SHIT 💩 💩 .

Un-frikkin-believeable!!!

LIke I've always said

"Hawkspital".... Strikes again....

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/22/2024 at 10:39 AM, AHF said:

You are basically advocating for what the Mavericks did last year, is that right?

Not sure what they did I don't keep up with them.  I'm just saying the climate is a bit different than it used to be, this has been shown numerous times at this point and is front of mine for most front offices, but we have lots of ppl still in this board saying just go out and get these guys , saw one the other day oh hey kat ain't shit we don't need him there so many fish in the sea. No there isn't that is apart of the problem.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Not sure what they did I don't keep up with them.  I'm just saying the climate is a bit different than it used to be, this has been shown numerous times at this point and is front of mine for most front offices, but we have lots of ppl still in this board saying just go out and get these guys , saw one the other day oh hey kat ain't shit we don't need him there so many fish in the sea. No there isn't that is apart of the problem.

They went from in the playoffs to out of the playoffs to get a lottery pick.  Sat Luka, etc.  It ended up netting them Derek Lively who is probably their third most important player on the roster going forward.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

If they didn't, Knicks would have gotten their pick. Keeping their pick got them Lively.