• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Onyeka Okongwu

theheroatl

39 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The fact that OO has FG% over 60% while shooting 3’s and generally just shooting from further away from the basket than CC is very telling when CC only shoots at the rim and is at .575%

I think CC is still very good and we will need all of his strength and size against bigger matchups. Im not the guy pushing him out the door. I just need this team to function better on the court for longer stretches. I don’t trust OO to stay out of foul trouble either. We need them both around. If we truly aren’t ducking the tax then keep them and start OO. Preserve CC’s bad achilles.

Some of this stuff makes too much sense.

It really does.. I would question our coaching staff big time if they don't give OO 30+ minutes the rest of the way to at least get primed for starting next year.

I love CC and what he has been for us but the transition to make CC be a big rebounder off the bench like Drummond needed to start months ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Is this PER 36? Clint gets more rebounds but that doesn’t matter if he just blows the putbacks

The point of my posts are Clint wastes at least 3-4 rebounds by blowing the putbacks 

clint can still collect but that’s about it

you guys aren’t understanding that the # of rebounds purely means nothing anymore.. 

The same reason Drummond got benched years ago

you need to look up what reb% meanings. 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Some parts of this statement are not true.

OO is not a good rebounder.  Or at least not one you can put in the same sentence with Clint. 

image.png

These are while playing roughly the same amount of minutes. 

A lot is made of the bunnies that Clint misses.  I don't think it means that much.   What does mean something is the almost 4 rebounds that Clint gets more than OO.   However, I don't care if OO starts.   Just more time for Clint to beat up on the other team's reserves. 

Here's the comparison as a starter.  It's a small sample size for OO, but it matters due to matchups and who the starter is playing with the most.  

OO vs Clint.jpg

I recommend OO starts just to boost his trade value. Capela trade value is much lower than what we want for him and it's not going on. OO moves into that, damn, he's nice and his contract is amazing tier, that might be enough for an amazing superstar like Embiid or a difference maker. We need a difference maker paried with Trae. 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 10:08 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

Dre since returning is EXPLOSIVE off of the bench. Let him feature in that role. Take draft position and contract away and just look at him on THIS roster. He is our best PF option after JJ.

Someone has been beating the Dre to the 4 drum since last season. But I’m not going to take more credit. 

20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I recommend OO starts just to boost his trade value. Capela trade value is much lower than what we want for him and it's not going on. OO moves into that, damn, he's nice and his contract is amazing tier, that might be enough for an amazing superstar like Embiid or a difference maker. We need a difference maker paried with Trae. 

We don’t have the draft capital or have enough players to survive the gutting of the roster that an Embiid trade would do. Besides, Embiid seems happy in Philly right now, and Embiid is always injured. We got to stop with these hypotheticals.

anyway, Onyeka should be starting…makes the spacing better and having someone who can pass (an underrated ability of OO) and can possibly be another scorer and not just a lob threat is huge. If that three ball is consistent, we may be cooking. The rebounding is a major concern, but we need our guards to box out and pay attention when it comes to getting rebounds. PLUS, we need to get bigger forwards on this team for rebounding. Bey and Jalen do a decent job on the boards.

The biggest concern for me is foul trouble and while he has been fine for the past couple of games (except the rockets game), he has to find a way to control the fouls. He always gets tricked on pump fakes and illegal screens (tbf he’s the only the player the league calls illegal screens on and not players like Al or Bam). But I think he can be a big part of this team’s future.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

We don’t have the draft capital or have enough players to survive the gutting of the roster that an Embiid trade would do. Besides, Embiid seems happy in Philly right now, and Embiid is always injured. We got to stop with these hypotheticals.

anyway, Onyeka should be starting…makes the spacing better and having someone who can pass (an underrated ability of OO) and can possibly be another scorer and not just a lob threat is huge. If that three ball is consistent, we may be cooking. The rebounding is a major concern, but we need our guards to box out and pay attention when it comes to getting rebounds. PLUS, we need to get bigger forwards on this team for rebounding. Bey and Jalen do a decent job on the boards.

The biggest concern for me is foul trouble and while he has been fine for the past couple of games (except the rockets game), he has to find a way to control the fouls. He always gets tricked on pump fakes and illegal screens (tbf he’s the only the player the league calls illegal screens on and not players like Al or Bam). But I think he can be a big part of this team’s future.

I actually agree with Supes. 

OO is not really a Center and he may move the needle enough to get a star player.  What if Bogi + OO + CC + Picks could get us KAT??..

Kat + JJ + DJ + Trae ..  puts us in championship conversation. 

I know.. it would take a new miracle for Minnesota to consider that trade.   Especially with an ownership with Deep pockets.   But This is where OO would impress.  Honestly an OO + Gobert Frontcourt would work if OO could carry the scoring.   This would be about the only way that OO could train to be a PF... which is more like his size. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 12:12 PM, theheroatl said:

Is this PER 36? Clint gets more rebounds but that doesn’t matter if he just blows the putbacks

The point of my posts are Clint wastes at least 3-4 rebounds by blowing the putbacks 

clint can still collect but that’s about it

you guys aren’t understanding that the # of rebounds purely means nothing anymore.. 

The same reason Drummond got benched years ago

Let's see if it does or not.

Total Rebounding - A mix of good and bad teams.  Hawks are 7th in total rebounds per game

image.thumb.png.feb8a863e7f1f302bf797fbda3b29c48.png

Offensive rebounding - Once again, a mix of good and bad teams.  Hawks lead the league in Offensive rebounding.

image.thumb.png.765ede90ca9b3f32a0160f9c6f310666.png

Defensive Rebounding - Much more mix of higher level teams. Most of your top 6 playoff teams in each conference are in the top 16 on this list.  Hawks rank 23rd in defensive rebounding.  It had been as low as 27th.

image.thumb.png.7d20dbb127cfd27b776cfec3496cbd33.png

Defensive rebounding matters.  If you don't secure defensive rebounds, it leads to 2nd chance points.  Your top teams in the league limit 2nd chance points.

image.thumb.png.5c57dbb769328b76c9e05064cf34fcd2.png

You know what team is near the bottom in giving up 2nd chance points?  Yep.

image.thumb.png.4a2bbcc5cee67db4dd8e4ab53eae5e8e.png

2nd chance points, and fast break points that we give up ( 16.6 ppg - 28th in the league ) are the reasons why this team is below .500.  You can't give up almost 32 total points per game in those 2 categories, and expect to win most of your games.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Someone has been beating the Dre to the 4 drum since last season. But I’m not going to take more credit. 

12 has been playing the 3 since he's came back.  Either JJ or Bey has been the 4.

The big difference is that 12 has been allowed, or took it upon himself to attack more while playing with the 2nd unit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not if we want to stay out of the play in and get a top 10 pick, I don't like.tsnking but I'm for it at this point, we need to shuffle the deck and we need.to.gain as much opportunities to do that as possible.  Hell maybe he is even feeling better and does well enough to get a little value out of him this summer.