• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jake Fischer Article on Jalen Johnson

KB21

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Where are you seeing that?  I don't follow Fischer generally but didn't really see that in the article.  (Which I only skimmed to be fair.)

It's one of his tweets down in the discussion, I'm.not talking about fisher talking about this tweet about Jalen, same guy just says what he's a fan of below that in discussion

Edited by hylndr11

• Premium Member

Can't wait for JJ's ball handling, footwork, post game, and touch to improve. I love how even though he's big, he's still graceful. How often do you see guys doing eurostep fadeaways? He's one of the few younger guys that likes using the glass on midrange shots too. He's easily gonna average over 20 next season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Can't wait for JJ's ball handling, footwork, post game, and touch to improve. I love how even though he's big, he's still graceful. How often do you see guys doing eurostep fadeaways? He's one of the few younger guys that likes using the glass on midrange shots too. He's easily gonna average over 20 next season.

we just got to hope he stays healthy, the way he plays, hes gonna sprain and turn things 

On 3/19/2024 at 2:33 PM, Diesel said:

He doesn't really have Smoove's strength either.   Aggression!  JJ get a few posters... but there are far too many times, he jumps in the air and is very indecisive about what he wanted to do.   He leans more to a Ben Simmons than a Smoove.  Where Ben differs from JJ is that Ben was a better on-ball defender and Ben had a better BBIQ? i.e. he was a better playmaker.   Smoove was before his time.  If he played now, he'd be celebrated. 

I've seen people praising JJ's defense?  His defensive awareness is still poor.  Last night, he left the backdoor wide open.. all night. 

That's why I say that JJ is really a 3, and not a 4.  He IS a big reason why our frontcourt defense is poor. 

But if he's allowed to be a help defender from the 3, his defensive value goes way up.

Hawks would be so much better off starting Clint - OO - JJ, to shore up the frontcourt defense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

People are weird. How are Bey and Hunter your least favorite watches?

Smells like the tweeter lacked the savvy or vocabulary to compliment JJ without tearing down others.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

we just got to hope he stays healthy, the way he plays, hes gonna sprain and turn things 

He needs some of Trae ankle braces.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's why I say that JJ is really a 3, and not a 4.  He IS a big reason why our frontcourt defense is poor. 

But if he's allowed to be a help defender from the 3, his defensive value goes way up.

Hawks would be so much better off starting Clint - OO - JJ, to shore up the frontcourt defense.

He's worse at the 3. He can't defend on the wing either. He's like Smoove, he's a freelance type. We just don't have an Al Horford to protect him. Shit, there is only one of those and the only one better was Duncan. That said, like Smoove, he plays hard on defense and has BBIQ. Just not as much as Smoove but he's still young. JC taught me not to count guys out.